Outlaw 2013

121 to 140 of 2,491 messages
24/07/2012 at 18:02
;)
Razor51    pirate
24/07/2012 at 18:50

I've said this before.....Where does your mind roam....

Dont mention bike riding to me....read my mutterings on Training For Shorter Tri Thread.

24/07/2012 at 20:05
AliBear30 wrote (see)
Tired Legs (Mrs Punch) wrote (see)

I appear to have pre-registered, better learn to ride the bike proper like oh should I tell himself

So far I have not told my himself either and I need to learn to swim and run as well as ride the bike , so you're ahead of me. There's also the small matter of funds that I need to work on as well. ThisLeccy stuff costs a few bob for a start.

Anyway I believe Mr Punch has done the odd race himself so surely you're in credit ?

yep he has done the odd IM , but being a bike ponce he's worried about me and the bike.  My swim and run are a tad carp tho but not too worried about them.

OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
24/07/2012 at 21:54
seren nos wrote (see)

i am bac k off to read my triathlon book in the sun with a beer.............almost like training

triathlon training books are overrated I recon!!!!

*ducks*

However the beer sounds bang on. 

seren nos    pirate
24/07/2012 at 22:05
Silver Trucker wrote (see)
Not got as far as thinking about the sleeping arrangements!

I didn't realise that's what training partners ment?

like the thinking....i will be very careful about asking for a training partner............

O.rangeCannon I came, I saw, I knitted wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

i am bac k off to read my triathlon book in the sun with a beer.............almost like training

triathlon training books are overrated I recon!!!!

*ducks*

However the beer sounds bang on. 

I am now on chapter 7 and beer 5..need more beer to catch up..........

I have trained one way or another every morning of holiday and plan for an early run in the morning...really enjoying my fun sessions in the early morning sunshine..........wonder when the rain will return

Rafiki    pirate
24/07/2012 at 22:11

seren .........having a beer for breakfast does not count as training..............sorry

seren nos    pirate
24/07/2012 at 22:14

i need to train for the after race celebration party

citizen 146    pirate
25/07/2012 at 02:48

I think they call it mental visualisation ( see countless article on Rebecca Adlington overcoming her nerves to be world champion) .

Beer book sunshine - living the dream!

PSC    pirate
25/07/2012 at 06:32
I'm in. After a year off it will be good to get some bike miles in. A chance for my mentee to beat me.
PSC    pirate
25/07/2012 at 06:34
I should have added. I will be booking leccy for the mini-bago.
Lee the Pea    pirate
25/07/2012 at 06:49
Rafiki wrote (see)

seren .........having a beer for breakfast does not count as training..............sorry

Spoilsport!!!! 

seren nos    pirate
25/07/2012 at 09:24

5 miles nice and slowly run before it gets too hot...........saw a deer and a few other wildlife.love running on holidays...........now where is the beer

The Evil Pixie    pirate
25/07/2012 at 10:27

I really must re-read my posts before I submit reply! My excuse was exhaustion - really should know better *shakes head*

My OH has gone from saying I was too old to saying "£250!!!!???!!!!" in the tone of voice that says WTF! so I just pointed out he'd just spent almost £150 on CDs (he muttered some excuse about over time)

So as far I as I'm concerned it's game on!

Tommygun2    pirate
25/07/2012 at 10:45

I havn't told my OH or children yet but I think she suspect something as I have been doing a bit of research on the internet about wetsuits and doing some maintenace on the bike and started to go swimming again.

Hey PSC maybe we can hook up for some bike rides

M.r Zuvai    pirate
25/07/2012 at 11:37

lets do this  

Full Whack
Cake
Sarah the Bookworm
ST
EP
Maths chick?
Sponge Cale
Tommy Gun
Razor 51
Horse
Britrisky
DTT
Iron Pingu
Donna Kebab
seren nos
JvR
JCDigger
Steve ho
Alibear
Yellowrubberduck. TJ1004
Running Postie
Nurse Ratched (and Partner in Crime)
Half Pint
This is Tom's Pseudonym
NV
PSC
Mr Zuvai
Tired Badger

Relay
xxx, Colourin, Lee The Pea
Happychap

Potential relay peeps
Fraggle - swim (I offered our swim place to Fraggle without realising we aleady had a swimmer, oops )
SuperCaz - swim

Supporting
engineer
mathschick
Dave the Ex Spartan

Thats a lot of pirates again.

25/07/2012 at 13:49
Is this likely to be beat Henley for the number of pirates attending?
25/07/2012 at 13:49

Any idea when entries open? I need to start saving some pennies...

The Silent Assassin    pirate
25/07/2012 at 13:55

The entry should open late September, I don't think it will fill staright away, this years only filled so quickly because  so many pirates entered that it pushed the number up so quick that people who where thinking about it had to enter.

If it does fill will be about December

The Silent Assassin    pirate
25/07/2012 at 13:56
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

More chance of getting the orsum pirate feed station going again, or was the plan to move it to Henley?

M.r Zuvai    pirate
25/07/2012 at 14:00
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

i'll still be Henley in some form

121 to 140 of 2,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.