Outlaw 2013

1,381 to 1,400 of 2,495 messages
The Silent Assassin    pirate
20/03/2013 at 16:57
seren nos wrote (see)
GingerG wrote (see)

Did that put you off Meldy?! I would proabbly drown of shock from that! lol

when the swan saw Meldys stare then I'm sure it must have drowned from shock 

I think most of us have at some time seen that stare!!!!!!!

M...eldy    pirate
20/03/2013 at 18:07

That one?   

The Silent Assassin    pirate
21/03/2013 at 11:48

yep, thats the one

accomodation now sorted (we don't do camping)

PSC    pirate
22/03/2013 at 06:48

you need a bago then SA... camp site with double bed and hot and cold running facilities.

22/03/2013 at 09:45
I'm in my new (new to me as its 18 years old) caravan with family in tow. Bought it to involve the family in my first full distance as I feel it may be addictive and be required again
Mr StOat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 12:51
I've hot a new tent for outlaw. The one I used for Cotswold half is too small. This new one looks like its big enough
Need to sort a decent camping mat though
BluePeter    pirate
22/03/2013 at 13:23
Accommodation booked and took delivery of my new bike yesterday
22/03/2013 at 13:48
Ultimatum this year. Caravan or new bike. I lost. Will get my first TT bike eventually
BluePeter    pirate
22/03/2013 at 13:53
I've gone for a new road bike as current training one is an old steely. Need to purchase some tri bars for it as well.
22/03/2013 at 14:21
My biggest regret is selling my old bike. I would do more winter training if I still had it as I would be bothered about keeping it too clean. Can't be arsed to clean my training/racing bike so most is done on my turbo.
BluePeter    pirate
22/03/2013 at 16:25
I use my steely for turbo/commuting and up until yesterday all other rides. Going to keep using it for turbo/commuting and use the new one for all other rides(as long as its dry and one perfectly clean roads with no chance of any dirt getting on my baby);)
Doner Kebab    pirate
22/03/2013 at 19:19

i wouldnt worry too much about not having a TT bike Ozzy, i aint got one and still manage to beat a fair few with 'all the gear'. it will make you stronger

PSC    pirate
22/03/2013 at 20:18

I wouldn't worry about the bike... the way my training is going I will be running twice, the first time will be 112 miles closely followed by a second stint of 26.2.  I still haven't been out on my bike this year - too cold, too slippery, too much of a big girls blouse.

What's a "hot tent" Matt?  Sounds like the pirate on-site team sauna is sorted then

24/03/2013 at 15:37
PSC wrote (see)

I wouldn't worry about the bike... the way my training is going I will be running twice, the first time will be 112 miles closely followed by a second stint of 26.2.  I still haven't been out on my bike this year - too cold, too slippery, too much of a big girls blouse.

What's a "hot tent" Matt?  Sounds like the pirate on-site team sauna is sorted then

+1 for not having ben outside on the bike this year. Also not enjoying the wet/windy/snowy weather. Have been busy with training (Week 18 starts for me tomorrow - still a bit ahead of the Fink plan I think). Reading Half Marathon last week, and building up to my HIM test (http://www.galeforce-events.com/triathlon-events/bedford-middle/) with a 74 mile Sportive (http://www.galeforce-events.com/cycling-events/spring-challenge-sportive/) - this is all starting to get a bit real now.

Anyone have any advice on wetsuits? I have a very basic 2XU suit right now (T0) which has seen better days, and am thinking of hiring for a couple of months. Anyone able to recommend a good suit hire place?

24/03/2013 at 16:50
I've got my 2xu TO from a couple of years ago. Basic but it does the job
Mr StOat    pirate
27/03/2013 at 08:00

Was there talk of a recce in a couple of weeks time? Im trying to decide on riding / working the Motion in Mercia sportive but I have a note on my plan that there was a plan to recce the ride and possibly even the run on the weekend of the 6th/7th April?

Can anyone point me in the direction of the right thread? ta

BluePeter    pirate
27/03/2013 at 08:08
Been thinking about this myself, here you go Matt;

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/triathlon/outlaw-bike-recce-2013/242019.html

Not sure i can make the date though
Mr StOat    pirate
27/03/2013 at 09:07

Cheers BP

12/04/2013 at 06:48
Everyone seen the latest newsletter from OSB. No route up yet but looks like a change to the run course. 2 longer laps now which will be more interesting for us but on the flip side gives family / friends less chance to see you on the day.
seren nos    pirate
12/04/2013 at 08:14

i like shorter laps for ironman personally.....more support on route...off to look for the email

1,381 to 1,400 of 2,495 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.