Outlaw 2013

1,421 to 1,440 of 2,351 messages
Iron Pingu    pirate
20/06/2013 at 12:33

Hellooo Outlawers, I've been ill!  Outrageous.  I had a Hep A jab last Friday and it took me out.  1 whole week without a swim/bike/run, still feel tired.  Anyone else felt that crap after a jab?

A whole week out though!!  Talk about tapering, lol

20/06/2013 at 13:01

At the half I didn't notice any swan poo flavour and I drank most of the lake. It had been churned up the previous day by the national sprint races and the day before that with the nation emergency races.

So I'm hoping it stays the same for the full,  I shall be setting off right at the back if anyone wants company. Looking forwards to it now.

The Silent Assassin    pirate
20/06/2013 at 13:07

Is anybody else just getting fed up with it all and just wants to do it and have a rest? or is it just me, or is it just as its getting to taper time

Lee the Pea    pirate
20/06/2013 at 13:16

I reckon it is tapir madness

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RHiTFg4ga5A/UBwvA9dx6sI/AAAAAAAAA8Q/RkuXE_bTJm8/s400/Tapir1Yawn.jpg

20/06/2013 at 13:40
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

Is anybody else just getting fed up with it all and just wants to do it and have a rest? or is it just me, or is it just as its getting to taper time

Hiya - SA.  I'm feeling a bit the same mate.  had my first unshceduled 'missed training' day yesterday as was just too knackered.  Need to get my mojo back ready for a final big push this weekend before i start to taper...

Dustboy    pirate
20/06/2013 at 14:05

Purpose of the Big Swim is to fill the lake up with everybodys piss.

Take some Fatboy Coke straight after the swim, apparently it kills the nasties, worked for me. Jesus that duckshite tasted rank......

Lee the Pea    pirate
20/06/2013 at 15:24
Cake wrote (see)

I have a moral question? I've been building it up last few weeks to hopefully get my biking ok enough to play. Was going to do a brick session tonight to a local fell race and then bike home but someone has just passed me ticket's to see chris Hoy. What should I do?

OH and dodger you alright mate.

I'd say give the ticket to Bookie so she can go an ogle Chris' thighs, and go do your brick session

seren nos    pirate
20/06/2013 at 15:27

taking coke after a swim to kill the baddies is apparantley a myth but i still always have a dietcoike straight after any open water swim and I have never ever had  astomach problem......

Tired Badger    pirate
20/06/2013 at 15:32

surely cokes on the banned list 

The Silent Assassin    pirate
20/06/2013 at 15:41

that would be impressive, Seren doing a line in transition, remeber to pack a straw or rolled up fiver into your T1 bag

Tired Badger    pirate
20/06/2013 at 15:50

i'd ride my bike straight into the lake

Dustboy    pirate
20/06/2013 at 15:58

Nah, you'd get blown in at HPP.

Tired Badger    pirate
20/06/2013 at 16:03

there's hookers too, wow..... Oh in

20/06/2013 at 16:23

I would like to get on with this now. I feel like I've been tapering since Wednesday before the half. Missed todays and Tuesdays bike so another short week. I should be doing more

Britrisky    pirate
20/06/2013 at 17:23
The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

Am wearing flat shoes the whole time just in case as I don't want to get injured!

I keep trying to find paths with the least amount of potholes for the same reason! I'm loving the taper - get a couple more hours at the weekend. I'm just so excited - quite like the having to wait, becuase feeling excited is a good feeling!!!

I reckon the anticipation might be better than the day itself!!! 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
20/06/2013 at 18:28
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

Take heart, for you are not alone. Half of me is sooooooooo knackered and just wants to eat chips and sleep, and the other half is soooooooooo excited and just wants to go and do it now.

Mr StOat    pirate
20/06/2013 at 18:33

I'llIl l'll be happier once Ive done the fens on Sunday. 

I do feel like ill get round. Slowly, but ill her there

Tired Badger    pirate
21/06/2013 at 09:19

Question about camping, I did intend to go on the saturday allowing me to keep my bike in the car till it was racked, hence quite safe whilst i was at breifings ect.

Now the wife is going to drop me off on the friday night with all my stuff so she can have my car for the weekend, and I can relax more on the saterday but this means I will have to keep my bike in the tent on the friday night and saturday, or is there any other options. 

seren nos    pirate
21/06/2013 at 09:21

Tired badger......I'm sure there would be room in someone elses car for the night......

Nurse Ratched    pirate
21/06/2013 at 09:29

Is there much chance of anything nasty happening to bikes at the campsite? 

1,421 to 1,440 of 2,351 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.