Outlaw 2013

1,481 to 1,500 of 2,491 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/06/2013 at 18:40

thank you! Sorry for being fick and all that

mellifera    pirate
09/06/2013 at 21:29

hello outlaws!

Not here very much but wanted to say hi now we are a month away. Really looking forward to the race. My training so far has been three 1km swims, two and half long bikes, a lot of walking and quite a bit of running. And a hell of a lot of time on my turbo. Slightly alarming when I write it like that but it will do the job.

That's not a stupid question at all EP - I think lots of people will do that, myself included. It is just easier to think with all the stuff laid out in your room. You have to put your numbers on your bike and helmet, write your details on your number etc as well as packaging your bags.

Rafiki    pirate
14/06/2013 at 12:51

Camping

For those that wish to camp with the rest of the Pirates, I suggest we head for the same area we were camped in last year (unless requested to camp elsewhere by OSB/Barley) - rough map below.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/450712/gallery/campsite_0.jpg?width=350

I'll try and get there Friday afternoon to lay claim to the area!!

Iron Pingu    pirate
14/06/2013 at 13:08

I fully expect to see that painted on the grass, to scale, when I turn up Friday.

Rafiki    pirate
14/06/2013 at 14:09

Now I do like a challenge, and I do have lots of yellow road spray paint at the moment.........

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
14/06/2013 at 14:31

Ive got a job lot of 'not so temporary' black and yellow powder paint left over from a few years ago, probably enough to colour our whole area.

Im not so sure OSB or the campsite will thank us though.

Weird isnt it, some unkown person painted box hill a few years ago, there was a rumour that the National Trust and some locals were not amused

Rafiki    pirate
14/06/2013 at 14:32

It'll grow in a couple of days

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
14/06/2013 at 14:38

OSB in their other incarnation (Pace Setters), nearly kicked the pirates out of the Vit 5 years ago as I got a little carried away painting on the course Friday night. 

They woke us all up on the campsite about 5am!

6ft high letters accross the top of the rutland ripple, everyones name up the small hill after Ketton, other bits and bobs

You could just about see some of the 'temporary' powder paint the following year. 

Iron Pingu    pirate
14/06/2013 at 14:47

Wonder how it got there ....

Iron Pingu    pirate
14/06/2013 at 14:48

I fully expect to see that painted on the grass, to scale, when I turn up Friday.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
14/06/2013 at 17:45

Who else is having an electric tent?

seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/06/2013 at 17:51

Me Nursey.......we do not have a choice of pitch .we get told which pitch.......but we gets lots of room and are away fropm the snoring of barley

iron fraggle    pirate
14/06/2013 at 18:08

I'm in the cheap seats Nursey, so must remember to pack earplugs if Barley's nearby 

I expect nursery and seren will have a queue of pirates wanting their phones etc charged up over the weekend ....

BluePeter    pirate
14/06/2013 at 18:11

Is anyone else not camping, we are staying at the holiday inn

Nurse Ratched    pirate
14/06/2013 at 18:18
seren nos wrote (see)

Me Nursey.......we do not have a choice of pitch .we get told which pitch.......but we gets lots of room and are away fropm the snoring of barley

And there will be whisky in the tree-lined avenues of Leccyville 

M...eldy    pirate
14/06/2013 at 19:06
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

OSB in their other incarnation (Pace Setters), nearly kicked the pirates out of the Vit 5 years ago as I got a little carried away painting on the course Friday night. 

They woke us all up on the campsite about 5am!

6ft high letters accross the top of the rutland ripple, everyones name up the small hill after Ketton, other bits and bobs

You could just about see some of the 'temporary' powder paint the following year. 

Oh that was so much fun ...  !!!

M...eldy    pirate
14/06/2013 at 19:07

Barlos ... if you see this, have you got the big yellow signs?  Do you want me to take them up on the Friday or do you have  enough room?

15/06/2013 at 08:39
Blue Peter wrote (see)

Is anyone else not camping, we are staying at the holiday inn

We're not camping. Staying in a hotel about 3 miles away

Britrisky    pirate
15/06/2013 at 09:01

We'll be in leccy world - OH didn't wanna camp so hiring a caravan.

Do we really have to wait a whole 3 weeks? It's like Christmas ...

15/06/2013 at 09:05

I'm in leccy world to which is very nice as that's where we were for the half. For the half there was a group of non competitions who were up singing until 2am race morning which I reall didn't appreciate better pack ear plugs this time ! 

1,481 to 1,500 of 2,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.