Outlaw 2013

141 to 160 of 2,491 messages
citizen 146    pirate
25/07/2012 at 14:37
Mr Z , count me in

Rafiki    pirate
25/07/2012 at 14:38

me too, but only if Mr Z is bringing his tent again!!

Rafiki    pirate
25/07/2012 at 14:41

It certainly seems to be slightly more popular than Henley:

fraggle wrote (see)

Henley Half-arsed

1. Cat5
  2. MovingAlong
  3. Lee the Pea

Challenge Henley

1. Hope
  2. HappyChap
  3. Gasbag
  4. Frags (*if* my back holds up and my attempt at the Half Arsed goes ok this year )

Double Entendre - Challenge Henley and ExtravaLanza

1. Meldy
  2. OC
  3. Rafiki D

Golden Boots    pirate
25/07/2012 at 14:54

Keep me away from that list!!

citizen 146    pirate
25/07/2012 at 15:54

it's like christmas with all these lists

M.r Zuvai    pirate
25/07/2012 at 15:54

Full Whack
Cake
Sarah the Bookworm
ST
EP
Maths chick?
Sponge Cale
Tommy Gun
Razor 51
Horse
Britrisky
DTT
Iron Pingu
Donna Kebab
seren nos
JvR
JCDigger
Steve ho
Alibear
Yellowrubberduck.
TJ1004 
Running Postie
Nurse Ratched (and Partner in Crime)
Half Pint
This is Tom's Pseudonym
NV
PSC
Mr Zuvai
Tired Badger
Citizen 146

Relay
xxx, Colourin, Lee The Pea
Happychap

Potential relay peeps
Fraggle - swim (I offered our swim place to Fraggle without realising we aleady had a swimmer, oops )
SuperCaz - swim

Supporting
engineer
mathschick
Dave the Ex Spartan

Edited: 25/07/2012 at 15:55
M.r Zuvai    pirate
25/07/2012 at 15:56

it's not the 100's we had on the list last year - but still a sizeable crowd 

25/07/2012 at 17:16
Plus it's still 11 months away
seren nos yn canu    pirate
25/07/2012 at 17:39

i think that this is definitely going to piush henley for the rights to be the pirate championship race......i may be wrong but i think that its usually whichever is the biggest ship sailing and we certainly look like we have a sizable ship sailing

and i liked the pub...........and the sunshine makes me want to train............but being sensible and building back up slowly..............

beer training is going well........

Lee the Pea    pirate
25/07/2012 at 18:38
my pal might be up for the full whack next year, so that might be one to increase the numbers . i guess this year was pretty unusual having so many folk at one IM; next year will probably be a lot more split, but Outlaw has such a good rep, it is bound to be popular
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
25/07/2012 at 20:46
seren nos wrote (see)

i think that this is definitely going to piush henley for the rights to be the pirate championship race......i may be wrong but i think that its usually whichever is the biggest ship sailing and we certainly look like we have a sizable ship sailing

and i liked the pub...........and the sunshine makes me want to train............but being sensible and building back up slowly..............

beer training is going well........

Personally im torn which should be the pirate championship and how it should be chosed.

My thoughts:

Historically its a nominated race and the ship gets behind that race, that doesnt seem to be happening this year with Henley, though that remains to be seen.

My preferernce for the pirate championship was always Lanza as I felt it was a strong contender, being a big European Ironman which had not yet hosted the pirate championship.

Outlaw was the pirate championship this year so for that reason along I dont think it should be next year, also, Outlaw could easily be a popular race year after year, does that mean PSOF championship Outlaw every year?

I dont think it should just be about numbers,for me, the pirate championship is about moving the pirates forward, seeing new places, savouring the big ticket experience of Ironman events accross Europe and the cammoradorie that creates.

If you ask those that have been to Eurpoean Pirate championships and Outlaw im sure most will draw a line of distinction between what its like to all rock up at Outlaw for 2 days, spread accross various hotels, campsite etc etc vs visiting travelling further afield and all the excitement a foreign city and Ironman.

I think it would be a wrong move to have Outlaw as the PSOF championship next year, I also think we should make a pitch for getting out of the UK again in 2014,

PSC    pirate
25/07/2012 at 20:47

TG - yep, I would be up for some long rides... might find there are a few others on the list from our neck of the woods too. 

Does anyone have a garmin trace of the outlaw bike route - how hilly is it?  Thinking of designing some training routes.

M...eldy    pirate
25/07/2012 at 20:49

Barlos, I agree.

Move onwards an forwards   

PSC its not 

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
25/07/2012 at 20:54
PSC wrote (see)

TG - yep, I would be up for some long rides... might find there are a few others on the list from our neck of the woods too. 

Does anyone have a garmin trace of the outlaw bike route - how hilly is it?  Thinking of designing some training routes.

PSC, Outlaw is not at all hilly, there is one bump (Oxton Bank) which you go up once, the rest is an out and out TT course.

M...eldy    pirate
25/07/2012 at 20:56

Oxton Bank = 'Was that it'

It really is just a pimple

..... in the wind 

25/07/2012 at 21:11
I didn't know I had been up Oxton Bank until I got to feed station 2 and realised it was the little rise just after feed 1
M...eldy    pirate
25/07/2012 at 21:12

The wind was more of an issue than that was .. its really not bad in the slightest

25/07/2012 at 21:14
Honest I didn't drop off the big ring for Oxton. The last 10 miles when it started to rain and the wind got up were horrid
Red_dog_chris    pirate
25/07/2012 at 21:19

I will be going for it again next year. But as a pirate this time arrrrrr. How do I get the cross bones btw???

WildWill    pirate
25/07/2012 at 21:19
I'm with Barlo on the Pirate Championship question ...
141 to 160 of 2,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.