22/06/2013 at 10:33

thats because the tips are for the ladies only 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
22/06/2013 at 11:08

you and bookie are 1 though 

2 weeks time i will either be in a practice swim or a race briefing 

BluePeter    pirate
22/06/2013 at 11:38

Can someone with a wealth of experience give me a quick run down of what what happens on race morning before the race, things like when do I get changed into my wettie, load nutrition on bike, pump tyres up, flap around like a panicking loon! 

I am staying in a hotel abouaway miles away, when should I get up? Where do I go first?

panic, panic, flap, flap, panic.

many thanks in advance

The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/06/2013 at 11:48

you need to have crossed the chip line and be water side by 5:50 so work back from there

the bike will be in place already

breakfast 2-3 hrs before so 3am?

check bike, load supplies and then get into wetsuit I guess (1st timer here too)

Question from me - do you leave your transition bags in transition on the Saturday?

Cake please don't hit me

M...eldy    pirate
22/06/2013 at 12:06

Peter ... thats the trouble with taper, it gives you too much thinking time  

There really is not a lot to do no race morning once you get to transition, what you do in your own time before then ref ablutions and what have you I'll leave to you!

I personally would not do anything to my tyres unless we have some very hot weather
Nutrition to be put on the bike yes , that shouldnt take more than a few minutes
Wetsuit on - dpending on how long that takes you to do I would start this about 30 mins before start time
Portaloos - dependant on your personal ablutions as above - queue when you are doing the previous two!
You really do not need to be in transition much before an hour prior to race start, if you are you will find that you are worrying over things you'd forgotten to worry about
You will have driven the route from your hotel to T1 many times, you will know how long it takes, allow longer to park up but from memory it wasnt too busy

Pikie - I think it says in the race breifing which bags are put it and when and which ones you have access too

M...eldy    pirate
22/06/2013 at 12:09

Breakfast 2-3 hrs before?   Not a feckin chance 

Have a good dinner and a good sleep 

BluePeter    pirate
22/06/2013 at 12:19

Cheers Meldy.

just want to get going now, ie be in the water and swimming, then it's no going back! Looking forward to it now and I think the fact I am currently of the booze isn't helping as I am generally being a moody git!

22/06/2013 at 13:23

wont he get that anyway? I heard there was some whopping great fish in Holme Pierrpoint  

M...eldy    pirate
22/06/2013 at 13:27

There's some fecking big swans that like to use you as a launchpad

BluePeter    pirate
22/06/2013 at 14:24
H0NK wrote (see)

wont he get that anyway? I heard there was some whopping great fish in Holme Pierrpoint  

The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/06/2013 at 15:05

we have some massive fish at Bosworth - fish don't worry me - swans do!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/06/2013 at 15:05

Oh and Meldy I'd love some long great sleeping but doubt if I will get any sleep at all through fear of the whole event and not getting up in time!

22/06/2013 at 15:15

not long now ........ No.510 for me

I did the Half a few weeks back in 5:52 and was well happy with that, but picked up a niggle in my calf

so havent done much for the past two weeks ........

Only done 83 miles bike and 13 mile run ....... so getting worried

I couldnt get booked in to the local campsite with EHU, so Im staying at Thorntons Holt 

22/06/2013 at 15:24
Southern Snail wrote (see)

I would like to get on with this now. I feel like I've been tapering since Wednesday before the half. Missed todays and Tuesdays bike so another short week. I should be doing more

this is how I feel ......... too many short weeks for me

22/06/2013 at 16:20
EricIsBananaMan wrote (see)

not long now ........ No.510 for me

I did the Half a few weeks back in 5:52 and was well happy with that, but picked up a niggle in my calf

so havent done much for the past two weeks ........

Only done 83 miles bike and 13 mile run ....... so getting worried

I couldnt get booked in to the local campsite with EHU, so Im staying at Thorntons Holt 

I thought we just rocked up for camping at HPP?

M...eldy    pirate
22/06/2013 at 16:25

... you do 

22/06/2013 at 16:37

I called them last week and was old that they didnt have any electric hook ups?

M...eldy    pirate
22/06/2013 at 16:45

ahhh .. that makes a difference, you do need to book for a hook up

Thats a hookUP boys .... 

22/06/2013 at 16:59

1,581 to 1,600 of 2,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.