Outlaw 2014

Never too early to nail your pirate colours to the mast!

1,401 to 1,420 of 1,525 messages
Rafiki    pirate
30/07/2014 at 15:03
M...eldy wrote (see)

and I see they got the misfits finish about 4 mins from the end!

And what finely honed athletes they looked too!!

Edited: 30/07/2014 at 15:21
30/07/2014 at 16:19
M...eldy wrote (see)

About 9.21 ... Meldy on a broomstick!

30/07/2014 at 16:53

Thanks FF, what can I say, I wasn't completely awake!!

Note the self, don't post while still half asleep!!

30/07/2014 at 17:43
Everyone else stomach ok since the Outlaw weekend ? Seems I've brought back V&D bug. Samples provided to Dr after Imodium wasn't effective. Tests being done for campylobacter and salmonella infections.

It maybe my body reacting against the painkillers, infected insect bites or open water swimming at IMUK and not anything I ate at weekend.

Train day trip to Brussels was interesting & frequenting many loos, not easy when no euros for toilet lady.
M...eldy    pirate
30/07/2014 at 18:13

Mines a bit 'iffy' but nothing more than that really, luckily perhaps I am on penicillin already !!

30/07/2014 at 18:28

No stomach issues here. 

30/07/2014 at 18:30

I've been fine, which I'm amazed after after swimming in that lake

tricoops    pirate
30/07/2014 at 18:33

09:47 me mending a puncture with Schmunkee and others watching intently!

30/07/2014 at 18:45

Loving the race reports. Keep them coming in

HC - Very well done. Really glad you made it round after Austria and others

Toucs and Trogs did rather well

And I see Toucs name is now on Austria 2015 list

30/07/2014 at 19:16
Flat Footed wrote (see)

I've been fine, which I'm amazed after after swimming in that lake

Ditto - I fully expected some side affects after I inadvertently inhaled some water when someone swam over me!

30/07/2014 at 19:17
I appear to be going down with the lurgy and I didn't even go near the water!
30/07/2014 at 19:18

I've been ok, haven't stopped eating though, but that's pretty normal for me

30/07/2014 at 20:03

Maybe ironman has just broken my body ! Better retire & take up knitting

Running Postie    pirate
30/07/2014 at 20:19

I'm fogging fine but the OH is in bed feeling really sick

30/07/2014 at 20:51

It is a knitting club.  

30/07/2014 at 21:51
GH0ST wrote (see)
M..o.use wrote (see)

It is a knitting club.  

No kidding, you should have seen the gert (wurzel adjective) great mass that Mouse was fettling with 

there's nothing like a good fettle on a baking hot Saturday afternoon

Mr StOat    pirate
30/07/2014 at 21:57
Oi!

Oh. The knitting
30/07/2014 at 22:04

Is it the same one from Bala? The mass that was being fettled with! 

30/07/2014 at 22:08
GH0ST wrote (see)
MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

Is it the same one from Bala? The mass that was being fettled with! 

Dunno? Looks like a stretched Lama?

ongoing fettling

30/07/2014 at 22:56
Ok it's my turn now. So finished work on Friday afternoon myself the wife and the kids jumped into the car and followed slag with his family straight to Nottingham once we arrived straight to the campsite and past all the bacon and sausages over to mouse spent about an hour finding our feet and then went to our Hotel. Had some dinner and had an early night . saturday was the same for everybody wracking bikes and putting bags into transition and then spend the day chilling with some great pirates. Met up with Jo and Q and gave jordy his birthday present I hope you liked it. The morning of the race woke up about 3:30 in the morning got the wife and kids up about 4 o'clock-ish had a little bit of breakfast porridge and a banana .made our way down to the lake was a little bit nervous but nerves are good so they say. Bumped into a few pirates said good luck spotted flatfoot and gave him a hug then I went into the water to get my shit together. Bang the race starts off we go swimming at a nice pace halfway around the swim some stupid plonker decided to criss cross in front of me when I'm swimming for about 10 minutes at one point I thought it was me so I said sorry to him for bumping into him what a dickhead. Came out the swimming one hour 36 that's roughly what I do. Jumped on the bike peddle my arse off. About 20 miles into the bike my lower back started to tighten up so I stopped about two or three times to stretch it out when I came round to the pirates feed station the second time I asked mouse if you have any painkillers and yes she did it helped for a bit thanks mouse. The only thing that was keeping me going was I could not late the 4 kids down I promised them I would run down the shoot with them so that spurred me on can't remember a lot about the bike course but when you're by yourself out there riding for a long period of time it can be a very lonely sport. Was glad to finish the bike straight into T2 quickly got changed but forgot to clean my feet up. Started running around the lake and all I can remember was Q screaming at me you can do it. Was running quite strong for about 4 miles and then my feet started to blister up and they were absolutely killing me so I decided to walk bumped into flatfoots he told me to walk for two minutes and run for one do this as much as you can he said. I must have done it for about five minutes and then gave up my feet were killing me bumped into a very lovely Pirates And I asked her if she had any painkillers she had some on her you are a star thanks. I could not run any more so decided to walk the rest of the marathon bumped into all four kids halfway around the lake on my last loop they were nice bit of company for me talking to me so I wouldn't think about the pain in my feet at the top of the carpet told the kids we are going to run down it that made the whole weekend all you Brilliant Pirates out there cheering myself and the kids on thank you very much. Don't remember a lot when I pass the finishing line apart from going to the food tent and see slag walk towards me he gave me a hug and we spoke for about a minute and then I passed out slag quickly grab a medic for me took me to the medic tent and I was sick twice spent about half an hour in the tent and then the wife drove me back to the Hotel and I fell straight asleep sorry I didn't party with you all I do apologise but count me in for next time.
1,401 to 1,420 of 1,525 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.