Outlaw last minute questions ??

201 to 220 of 228 messages
28/06/2012 at 16:24

SE - I think I have some spares in my bike toolbox which usually travels with me.  not sure if it's Topeak but they are all basically the same.   and you should be able to get one at the TFN stand that will be there if I don't have it

Cheerful Dave    pirate
28/06/2012 at 16:28
SlowEngineer wrote (see)

Does anybody have a Topeak valve extender I can borrow? The one for the non-removable cores

I'm pretty sure I have a Hed one knocking around somewhere.  I'll try & remember to chuck it in with everything else tonight.

Big Al The Outlaw    pirate
28/06/2012 at 17:58

Anyone know what the toilet setup is at the campsite? .

(and no I don't want a smart ar$e answer of "seat, flusher and paper" or "sit, shit, flush, wash, leave" )

Are there any there and where are they likely to be situated in relation to the site?

Running Postie    pirate
28/06/2012 at 18:12
O.rangeCannon I came, I saw, I knitted wrote (see)
Running postie
C02 is easy, if you buy a inflator that protects your fingers...
Otherwise they will stick to the cannister when it goes to -15 when the tyre goes whoosh

Buy some extra cash and practise the night before

As meldy says its good to try something new on race day

thanks for the info, I will have a bash with co2 for the Vit. I don't trust myself not to stick to the canister!

kittenkat wrote (see)

Does taping help with anyone's injuries?

I had my foot taped for Amsterdam mara last year, it worked a treat. I had a nasty case of plantafascitis. It got me through it and I was still able to walk to the beer tent when I finished

kittenkat    pirate
28/06/2012 at 18:14
Big Al 123 wrote (see)

(and no I don't want a smart ar$e answer of "seat, flusher and paper" or "sit, shit, flush, wash, leave" )

Are there any there and where are they likely to be situated in relation to the site?

Now that's just anal.

Dustboy    pirate
28/06/2012 at 18:49

I have neoprene gloves & booties and a full gimp hat!. Yes, I also have a med cert so I really appreciate OSB saying that. Although as long as it's around 17 degrees and I take the antihistamines, I can manage without. I hope. (Remembers to take the bracelet he hopes)

FWIW, the boots make you hellish slower and the gloves (non webbed) ain't much better. Gimp hat is lovely and toasty but restricts your breathing motion a bit. 

kittenkat    pirate
28/06/2012 at 18:55

What sort of medical certificate allows you to indulge in your sexual fetishes?

I want one.

Dustboy    pirate
28/06/2012 at 19:01

Aha, a rubber fetishist to play with....

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
28/06/2012 at 20:51
Big Al 123 wrote (see)

There is a large toilet and shower block near the main entrance, it also has dish washing facilities.  I think thats the only one but the campsite is relatively small. 

When I say large, bear in mind on Race morning there will be a lot of people all wanting to use them at the same time.

Transition is only a 5 minute walk from the campsite, no doubt there will be portaloo's there, there are also large changing rooms/toilets/showers in the race HQ as its the main rowing centre.

Edited: 28/06/2012 at 20:52
28/06/2012 at 20:58
Cheers
28/06/2012 at 21:07
There is a second, smaller, toilet block without shower behind the offices/campsite reception!
28/06/2012 at 21:13
Is this an official toilet or an improvised one?
28/06/2012 at 21:15
Well I officially used it last year!
28/06/2012 at 21:51
How diplomatic
Doner Kebab    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:15

1 - is there a supermarket close by the campsite?

2 - is there a kebab shop close by

3 - Dusty - when do you want your promised kebab - before or after the race  

4 - do i need to bring beer or can i buy it there - in bottles i mean not in glasses ( thats why i asked about supermarket)

Dustboy    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:32

Oooh, choices, choice, well deffo post race but if it's a shish, I might keep some for brekkie the next day.

My wife is scared I'll want a tattoo, know where to go for that then DK!

Never thought about bringing beer, I'll sling a pack of wife beater in the boot.

Dustboy    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:35

Anywhere to get a pair of "disposable" flip flops for swim approach and swim exit to T1 for those of us with tender tootsies?

28/06/2012 at 22:54

Tesco?

28/06/2012 at 22:55

I got a pair of those plastic clogs from Lidl the other day.  £3.00!  Job done!

Doner Kebab    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:56
201 to 220 of 228 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.