Outlaw last minute questions ??

81 to 100 of 211 messages
Golden Boots    pirate
26/06/2012 at 17:14

it's nothing particularly to worry about... I did it the other week and grinded up at about 15mph... probably wouldnt do on race day but still

It does turn a bit though which could catch you out (especially if like me you chose to grind it) as you cannot see, like you said, that half way it kicks up a bit more

26/06/2012 at 17:49

I hate hills and I have ridden it and even I think it's nothing to worry about.  Sharp little bit at the top but that's all.

26/06/2012 at 17:52

I have questions but don't know where to start.  Was asking my training buddy questions last night and some where soooooo stupid that even he looked at me as if I were having a funny turn......and he has known me for 10 years.  Get a grip girl!!

26/06/2012 at 17:55

Can I leave sandwiches til the Sunday morning to put in my transition bags or does that all have to be done on the Saturday?

Is it hard to find your own transition bags?

Are we allowed to carry phones?  Thinking of having my phone in my bento box and then when running/hobbling as my run is going to be soooo slow I thought I could chat to hubby  and cry at him!

26/06/2012 at 18:00

transition bags are numbered and racked by - guess what? - number.  so easy to find and no problem adding stuff to them on race morning.

phones are verbotten

26/06/2012 at 18:08

Ok thanks.

26/06/2012 at 18:35

Do we have one race number for the race belt or two?   On the bike I have the bento box so don't need gels on my belt but will need gels on the belt for the run.  If we have two numbers I can use two seperate race belts as think the gels around my waist on the bike will annoy me.  I know I over think things before I get shouted at!

Big Al The Outlaw    pirate
26/06/2012 at 18:35

Thanks everyone, doesnt sound too bad. I've been doing 3-4 hill repeats on a 14% gradient that lasts for about 600m with a mile of road slowly rising before you hit it so I should be ok with it.

Edited: 26/06/2012 at 18:36
26/06/2012 at 18:38

You get two race numbers Saffers and as there are gels handed out at the feed stations you shouldn't need to carry them with you.

MovingAlong    pirate
26/06/2012 at 22:12

Re: race numbers. Does my number belt and (attached) number go into my T1 bag? I'm guessing no need for it in the swim, and I'm just planning tri-shorts under the wetsuit...

27/06/2012 at 07:43

Didn't get two numbers last year BA, Saff as long as you can stomach High5 gels then yes they do hand them out on the bike and run, use number belt to carry them on bike and take them from the very numerous feed stations on the run.

Moving A - that is when i did last year, although some people did wear it under their wettie.

27/06/2012 at 08:16
Suffers wrote (see)

I hate hills and I have ridden it and even I think it's nothing to worry about.  Sharp little bit at the top but that's all.

+1 for that!  And the Surrey lot know I don't do hills!!

Suffers, you'l blitz the swim and ride and you'll breeze around the run!  Get a grip woman!!  

27/06/2012 at 08:20
Looks like a nice fast bike split is in order then (well maybe
27/06/2012 at 08:23
Prince Siegfried wrote (see)
Suffers wrote (see)

+1 for that!  And the Surrey lot know I don't do hills!!

Suffers, you'l blitz the swim and ride and you'll breeze around the run!  Get a grip woman!!  

Clearly Kanga taught the art of sandbagging in those first few rides of RP.

Edited: 27/06/2012 at 08:23
MovingAlong    pirate
27/06/2012 at 08:51

Thanks FF.

Iron Muffin    pirate
27/06/2012 at 08:58

Saffers and  MA keep asking the questions. Saves me having to try and string a sentence together.

Cheerful Dave    pirate
27/06/2012 at 09:08
Ridgebackmax wrote (see)
Cannot remember can you leave your bike in transition till monday morning or do you have to be clear by sunday night?

You have to clear sunday night. 

MovingAlong    pirate
27/06/2012 at 12:12
muffin top wrote (see)

Saffers and  MA keep asking the questions. Saves me having to try and string a sentence together.

Its going to be major panic stations in MovingAlong Towers tonight as I attempt to get all the stuff together and start packing. Is there room in the transistion bags for the kitchin sink?

cougie    pirate
27/06/2012 at 13:14

Anyone worked out at what mileages the feed stations are on the bike ? 

27/06/2012 at 13:25
cougie wrote (see)

Anyone worked out at what mileages the feed stations are on the bike ? 

Yes.... the organisers, It's in the information pack on the website  (teehee)

81 to 100 of 211 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.