Outlaw last minute questions ??

121 to 140 of 211 messages
Doner Kebab    pirate
27/06/2012 at 21:16
Same here melds . Biscuits n coffee for near instant energy release an hour or so before the off
M...eldy    pirate
27/06/2012 at 21:22

Indeed ... too much food followed by swimming is never a good idea 

Stuff yerself on the bike I say

Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
27/06/2012 at 21:30
Ok cheers , I thought it sounded a bit much and also I'm terrible swimming even after a drink nevermind loads of food !
Running Postie    pirate
27/06/2012 at 21:32

just had my wibble!  I thought i'd better check that my mini bike pump works. Bl**dy hell, they are sh*t, it took me ages to get the tyre inflated. I suppose it's too late to learn how to use co2 canisters?!

M...eldy    pirate
27/06/2012 at 21:35

Jack be confident in what you have tried up until now, no sudden changes and that especially relates to food
Try something new on race day is a good old pirate tradition but dont try it with food 

IronCat5    pirate
27/06/2012 at 21:50

I'll be having porridge and bannanas. Whatever my manservant prepares for me.

Silverstone PS? Surely Dorney is the only place to have a lake that big?

Big Al The Outlaw    pirate
27/06/2012 at 22:10
Strong coffee, really really strong and some bread and jam at 4am Race Day. Time enough for it to settle in stomach and then enough time to get all my stuff together and panic!!
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
27/06/2012 at 23:17
Running postie
C02 is easy, if you buy a inflator that protects your fingers...
Otherwise they will stick to the cannister when it goes to -15 when the tyre goes whoosh

Buy some extra cash and practise the night before

As meldy says its good to try something new on race day
meface    pirate
27/06/2012 at 23:24
Yep CO2 a doddle.
28/06/2012 at 05:17
Tinned rice is a good unbfor race morning all you got to do is open the can and scoff wash down with a double expresso and 2 imodium and jobs a good one
Big Al The Outlaw    pirate
28/06/2012 at 06:28
Why the immodium?
28/06/2012 at 06:48
Cos it makes the rice tastevnice non cos it bungs me up for 12 hours and i have medical probs down that region which may otherwise nessitate many loo stops
28/06/2012 at 08:17

And it stops me being ill from  the pond water i always drink.

28/06/2012 at 08:30

*Adds immodium to the kit/ drug list*   

Doner Kebab    pirate
28/06/2012 at 08:37
It's a must for anything longer than oly distance for me too and take some pain killers in a zip lock bag for the run
28/06/2012 at 08:47

It's OK, I've already sorted my painkiller strategy!! I need them for the bike once the distances get above about 75 miles (depending on the hills)!  

I have 2 ibuprofen and 1 paracetamol for the bike in my bento box, and I will probably take the same in my belt for the run!!  

seren nos    pirate
28/06/2012 at 08:55

all this talk of immodium and tablets..................just a reminder it probably not the best time to start experimenting with new drugs..............

if you have raced shorter distances and trained without the need for immodium i wouldn't start now................

for those who have discovered in the past that they have problems then fine................its a sensible addition.........

also painkillers........take what you would normally take on your long rides...........and if you never need them in the past them just maybe take a few mild ones just incase...........

use of drugs when you don't need them isn't recommended...............but for some of us they are sadly needed for the long races

28/06/2012 at 09:00

No thanks! Ibuprofen and paracetamol taken at the same time supposedly have better painkilling properties than many of the stronger painkillers. I know I'm OK with this combination.

I don't know what the side effects of using diclofenac are likely to be, even though I was prescribed it when I had my knee "fixed".

28/06/2012 at 09:02

I'm going straight for the EPO option.

28/06/2012 at 09:05

The immodium is purely for security. Hoping I won't need it. A couple of years ago I finished Bala not knowing which way my stomach wanted to explode first!! I'd rather not go through that again!

kittenkat wrote (see)

Does taping help with anyone's injuries?

Not with mine, my problem is with impact on the joint not stability!

121 to 140 of 211 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.