Outlaw swim

21 to 37 of 37 messages
10/05/2012 at 17:32

It's not the weeds you have to worry about its the sharks...honest.

10/05/2012 at 20:32

Right, I've signed up with Absolute Tri so I can give swimming at HPP a go. I'm tempted by the Big Speedo swim thing, but if there are sharks... well, the trout in Ullswater were bad enough!

10/05/2012 at 20:58

There Zombie sharks too.

10/05/2012 at 21:11
When are you coming along?? Tomorrow?
10/05/2012 at 23:41
Flat Foo.ted wrote (see)

There Zombie sharks too.

I think it'll be next week. I need to perfect a zombie shark brain destroying device

11/05/2012 at 08:01

The Silent Assassin    pirate
11/05/2012 at 09:29

because I'm on the feed station this year you get free entry into the swim events the day before, 3 different distances to do 1.5K, 3K or 5K

11/05/2012 at 11:25

Are you going to do one? I'm tempted by the 1.5K - sort of ease myself back into it after the whole Weil's disease episode... I'm assuming the water is top notch given what the place is used for

11/05/2012 at 12:00

Yep, will be doing the 5K hopefully

IronCat5    pirate
11/05/2012 at 19:37

Not a bad idea Cake.

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
11/05/2012 at 20:45
SA how do we get entry if we're volunteering? I nearly entered on Friday but glad I did't now if there is a chance of free entry instead

Note - Cat I will not be serving you pizza on Saturday as I plan to swim could u get me a pizza fit when I get out?

That's a good idea, have the pirates support the volunteers racing in the swim
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
11/05/2012 at 20:50
Eeeerrrrr that's ridiculous... Sorry of course, personally I will be not racing I'll be paddling my round doing best not to drown
IronCat5    pirate
11/05/2012 at 22:01
gastank wrote (see)
Note - Cat I will not be serving you pizza on Saturday as I plan to swim could u get me a pizza fit when I get out?

No problem. Wha'youwan?

11/05/2012 at 22:15
Ooh I forgot about the leaches!! No sign of them tonight! Water was probably too cold!
The water was a bit murky tonight, but really only where somebody had stood up. A little bit of weed, but only really at the sides of the lake! And at only 11C it was just a tad on the cold side.
I managed to stay in quite happily for about 35 mimutes. The biggest problem was my face getting used to being in cold water, threw my breathing out for a bit but things soon settled down. Not a bad little swim tonight! Oh and the new wetsuit was nice & comfortable!
12/05/2012 at 10:14
gastank wrote (see)
SA how do we get entry if we're volunteering? I nearly entered on Friday but glad I did't now if there is a chance of free entry instead 

If you contact the organisers 1 month before the event, tell them you want to marshal (pirate feed station) and can you claim your free entry to the swim the day before

12/05/2012 at 16:29

I bet its a wetsuit only swim though.

12/05/2012 at 18:51
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

because I'm on the feed station this year you get free entry into the swim events the day before, 3 different distances to do 1.5K, 3K or 5K

The Silent Assassin wrote (see)
gastank wrote (see)

If you contact the organisers 1 month before the event, tell them you want to marshal (pirate feed station) and can you claim your free entry to the swim the day before

I am currently talking to OSB about this to see if it is the same terms as last year, so please don't consider it a dead cert that we will get to do the free swim quite yet.  Thanks

Also, if you have put your name down on the Pirate Feed Station List and you still want to do it as part of the Pirates, please do not contact OSB to say you are marshalling as they will believe you are doing it independently of the Pirate Station and you won't get to be on our feed point.

That said, if you do want to do it independently, by all means contact OSB and also let me know.  Thanks

Edited: 12/05/2012 at 18:56

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 37 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.