Over to you: I'm failing in my quest...

21 to 25 of 25 messages
kittenkat    pirate
06/10/2012 at 20:26

Red_dog_chris    pirate
07/10/2012 at 13:28
kittenkat wrote (see)
Red_dog_chris wrote (see)

I've done all distances now- they all need training- just different intesities, time etc. I think it is the course that is more difficult from race to race than the distance- I did two half IM and I found them harder than Outlaw- prob because they were hilly. Each individual race and distance poses its own challenge so why worry??

Because I can't sleep at night due to this.... Surely other people must be as concerned about the distance conundrum? It can't just be me?

KK I have searched and found the answer- long distances are tougher and you are a better athlete if you can do them- sleep tight

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
07/10/2012 at 21:15

so a 15 or 16 hour IM is not worth doing? Well, let me tell you, some of us just are not capable of going any faster, so completing the damn thing is enough in itself as far as I'm concerned. I can't manage a sub-3hr Olympic either - does that mean I shouldn't race at all? I suppose I should sit on the sofa before the box and munch on junk food instead then? No way, you may as well shove in me in a box and bury me 6 feet under.

Edited: 07/10/2012 at 21:17
07/10/2012 at 22:14

I'm eating a Terry's chocolate orange whilst I read this

I'm a sprint tri kinda gal. I'd like to go longer, but it would be just to tick it off my to-do list. There'd be no point in 'racing' anything longer, because I simply don't have it in me to be remotely competitive, and to me that's what racing is about. Either competing against others, or yourself. I don't think there's anything superior about a longer event. Each has it's own challenges and requires a different approach, and as someone has already said, as long as you're active and (hopefully) enjoying it, who cares?!

07/10/2012 at 22:18
15 hour or 10 hour ironman or a Oly or sprint who gives a monkeys as long as you aretrying your damndest and giving it your all you are living the dream i am off gor a good kip now i have worked that one out

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.