OW swimming in South Wales

Need somewhere to practice as often as possible!!

181 to 200 of 258 messages
MTri    pirate
14/10/2011 at 09:31
I'm in. Long run first thing, but I'll plan it so I'll be back at the river for 10:15'ish. Nice cooling swim then to let the legs recover. Can life get any better?

Ran past it Tuesday night, and it looked very inviting.
seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/10/2011 at 15:26
brilliant ............if you run long enough.maybe you will get tired enough for me to keep you in sight
Alan W    pirate
14/10/2011 at 15:40
You're both insane
IronCat5    pirate
14/10/2011 at 15:58
M..TRIumphant wrote (see)
Ran past it Tuesday night, and it looked very inviting.

I'm not so sure....I've cycled past it once unknown, then visited to view your hidden gem. The shopping trolleys under the bridge didn't entice me in.....

Does anyone have garmin files of ~10k runs near Newport and Cardiff?

14/10/2011 at 16:01
only one shopping trolley in there cat and the rest of it is pretty clear.you can see your feet..........can't wait
MTri    pirate
14/10/2011 at 17:06
Wetsuit packed, with neoprene hat, just in case.

Probabky running up to The Mountain Snack on Caerphilly Common, and back through Taff Trail and Castell Coch, so about 20km, nice and hilly.

Nice chilly swim then, and the legs should be good
MTri    pirate
15/10/2011 at 12:49
Well, we made it to the bridge and back, about 1.5km, really quite pleasant, not too much flow on the river, and very clear and clean. Only felt the cold after I got changed, but quick coffee and a warm shower, and normality restored.

Good way to finish a long run.
15/10/2011 at 12:49

loved the swim again...................need to think about hat and boottees for when it starts getting cold.

don't think I can do next saturday but up for a swim on sunday next week if anyone is free

15/10/2011 at 13:18
No. Way. Wish I was motivated enough to be up for it. Maybe next year.

Massive respect and envy!
23/10/2011 at 13:46

Did a lap this morning........I have to admit that it felt colder than last week........must look for booties and gloves...........but another session done..........

anyone up for next week...........i think that saturday morning is free for me next week

29/10/2011 at 08:31

this weeks session will be early sunday morning now..........

any takers

MTri    pirate
29/10/2011 at 11:09
I actually went down yesterday lunch time for a swim. However, due to recent weather with storm water run off, river was looking murky and not too clean, so I took the safe option and ditched it. Still looking inviting this morning when I ran past.
Alan W    pirate
29/10/2011 at 13:50
I was in the river ely this morning for a kayak. Not as cold as I expected but murky. I may be up for tomorrow but don't count on me as I'm at a party tonight. Depends on how late I'm out and how early you go
29/10/2011 at 17:08
need to leave the home by 10 for swansea so would have to be out very early before 7 ....got to cook cooked breakfast as well for my sons 18th birthday........looking more and more like a tight squeeze
Alan W    pirate
29/10/2011 at 17:44
Yeah, no chance of me being in any state for 7! Maybe next time
01/11/2011 at 20:50

Right got my swim socks and gloves................so am going to try saturday or sunday morning..............I went past the river today and its looking rather swollen..not sure how far upstream I will be able to get.........

anyone else up for it

Alan W    pirate
01/11/2011 at 23:11

What time where you thinking Seren? I'll go for it this one last time this year if I put on about 4 caps, wear my Vibrams and think of something for my hands - marigolds?

02/11/2011 at 07:48

earlier suits me as there is hockey on again later on the saturday and sunday..not sure of the times for both yet..................sunday would have to be earlier than saturdays............

I have the feeling it will be a bit like swimming in an endless pool

Alan W    pirate
02/11/2011 at 08:09
Excellent, I can do early early Saturday. Endless pool might work the best, so I can get out before freezing! 7:30 too early?
02/11/2011 at 08:17

7:30 saturday would be great.........if we have a couple of dry days the flooding might go down......

anyone else joining us

181 to 200 of 258 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.