OW swimming in South Wales

Need somewhere to practice as often as possible!!

201 to 220 of 258 messages
seren nos yn canu    pirate
02/11/2011 at 08:18
I'm thinking of going on Christmas morning as well as its a Sunday
02/11/2011 at 10:32

Only just came across this site/thread

Seren

Where exactly you been swimming in the Taff? I have been a few times just above Radyr weir, it was really nice. I have always swam alone with the missis spotting from the bank, always nicer to actually swim with someone.

I would be up for it but I feel it may be a bit cold now, tempting though.

02/11/2011 at 12:59
Thats the spot taffy......we park on the forest farm site and walk across the path to the steps just above the weir
I sometimes go with a spotter but much better swimming with someone
you are welcome to join us any time.......'m hoping to swim at least once a week all winter.............
we will see
02/11/2011 at 13:08

Cheers Seren.

Since i come from the north i normally park here http://tinyurl.com/5wgc2sw its only a 30s walk from the car to the entry point.

I am pretty sure i cant make it this Satuday as you are planning but perhaps next week i will check in and see if your going. Must be mental even considering it!

02/11/2011 at 13:10
thats the spot .my car has a pirate sticker on the back window
Alan W    pirate
02/11/2011 at 16:58
Ha ha, well done on dragging another crazy person into the river!

Fantastic, see you bright and early on Saturday then
Alan W    pirate
05/11/2011 at 08:40
Thanks Seren, a lovely swim!
05/11/2011 at 09:08

the water was deepr than normal and it looked quite still........almost millpond...............but  that was deceptive...

it was hard work....managed a few 100m......instead of swimming in one go we were swimming from tree to tree...............

loved it though...........didn't find it as cold as the lasdt couple of times.the car told me it was 6 degrees........

maybe it felt warmer as I had my new gloves and bootees and hat on............

right who is on for next week

05/11/2011 at 09:22
Arg! Gloves hat and booties! Where from? If I do this, I would probably have to do squares to get used to it again. I have been super lazy since September holiday. Hmm... Will think about it. I had put my wetsuit away for winter but it would be good to keep training interesting...
05/11/2011 at 09:36

I got the blue seventy ones.normally £22 each but I got the three from a shop on ebay for £41 for the three including delivery........it was a dive centre and they definitely helped especially the gloves

they are my christmas present from my mother........just delivered early

05/11/2011 at 12:07

I could be tempted next week. I will try to keep it free.

I have gloves but my boots are crap so may have to invest. Will post later in the week.

Alan W    pirate
06/11/2011 at 10:00
Oh dear, I could be tempted back again! Can't do Saturday, but if anyone wants to go on Sunday I'm up for it
Alan W    pirate
06/11/2011 at 16:35
Got the days mixed up! I can do Saturday not Sunday, although early again would be good so I can get to Park Run!
06/11/2011 at 16:53

that fits in best for me as well ........

just to remind everyone that I am free for mornings in the week as well if anyone finds then at a loose end on a work day

06/11/2011 at 17:04
That's interesting on the gloves, I'd always assumed that swimming gloves were different from dive gloves although I'm not sure why.  I've got a hood and gloves for diving so technically I have no excuse for not swimming even now, apart from being a wuss and I don't know of a suitable river round here.
06/11/2011 at 17:42
gloves definitely make a difference.feels weird for the first minute then fine.........Alan's hands looked like they had a tan line yesterday from where they were so much colder than his hands
10/11/2011 at 16:14
anyone else up for saturday morning....should be less current this week
Alan W    pirate
10/11/2011 at 23:20
I'll be there. 7:30 ok again? Gives me time to get to park run.
11/11/2011 at 07:11
I'll be there Alan
12/11/2011 at 06:34
Its looking dry but dark out there..........don't think my headtorch would work in the river
201 to 220 of 258 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.