Pirate DIY Half IM, The second coming!

4th & 5th May 2013

641 to 660 of 934 messages
The Silent Assassin    pirate
02/05/2013 at 16:07

Weather looking good for weekend if a tad windy, at least it'll be dry and getting hotter

Doner Kebab    pirate
02/05/2013 at 16:09

room for a fat one? 

Ill be coming down but not for the swim, im planning getting there very early sunday morning and just doing laps of the bike course until the last person finishes the bike or i cant take no more, which ever comes first then i'll do a few miles on the run

what time are you starting the swim?

02/05/2013 at 16:32

The swim starts at 10 o'clock when the leisure centre opens, are you dropping your car at ours? what time are you thinking about getting there, I'm up around 6 in the morning on Sunday

seren nos    pirate
02/05/2013 at 18:35

just trying to get some packing done

02/05/2013 at 18:46

SA,

how are you for parking?  I'm looking at dropping my car at yours as I'm sure other people are

Lee the Pea    pirate
02/05/2013 at 18:48
Slagiatt wrote (see)
Razor51 wrote (see)

Slag, everyone is better on the run than you  

would argue that i was a slightly better runner than you last year Razor  ... i accept that now you are off the sticks you might have the edge.  

You've not seen me run yet! I'm hoping it won't be tooo late when i finish the run on Sunday, i've got to drive home after, hahaha. That said, i'm only doing the run..... I could  run on Sat if that helps with the supporting side? Can see what suits best once i'm down. Or rather up. Can't wait to see everyone

Edited: 02/05/2013 at 18:49
02/05/2013 at 19:05

I wouldn't normally do a full change in transition but seeing as it more of a training weekend I think ill make myself a bit more comfortable for the bike and put a pair of cycling shorts on.  And no one laugh when in struggling to put on my Jersey!

02/05/2013 at 19:34

Last year I did a full change (in the changing rooms, not T1)(needed a 20p for the locker)

Swam in my normal swim shorts and changed in to my tri shorts and tri top for the bike/run. Total faff trying to get in to my tri top, even after towelling down.

seren nos    pirate
02/05/2013 at 20:56

I think I have just abouit packed everything into one car.......(obviously haven't packed the kids yet.).....

so as long as the cycle carriers fits on right tomorrow and the bikes fit on it then we will be up in one car...makes it a bit more awkward and less storage room......but still says a fortune in petrol and will be nice to travel together

02/05/2013 at 21:11

i'm all packed too, just the bike and a few bits to chuck in car tomorrow morning.

Wife's just bought be back some cycling goodies from Aldi as well as a load of bannanas and jaffa cakes to help stock the feed station.

02/05/2013 at 21:34

The feed station is going to be overstocked, we have 2 people bring 60 gels each, there are a load of mini malt loafs on the way and some mix for High 5, plus sausage and bacon for afters.

parking shouldn't be a problem

Doner Kebab    pirate
02/05/2013 at 21:43

ill be down about 6am Q and park outside yours. fancy a quick 50 miler before they start? Buxton looks like a nice little ride to do before everyone gets on the bike course

Edited: 02/05/2013 at 21:44
02/05/2013 at 21:51

I can't find my tri shorts so I'll be getting changed after the swim.  

With Friday night traffic I think I might be quite late but I'll find my way to the pub I'm sure.  

02/05/2013 at 22:03
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

ill be down about 6am Q and park outside yours. fancy a quick 50 miler before they start? Buxton looks like a nice little ride to do before everyone gets on the bike course

I'll be up, checking work,, fancy a brew before your set off?

Macc to Buxton is a great ride, lost count the amount of times I did it training for IM wales

02/05/2013 at 22:45

I might stick the feed station with fig rolls!  I love them and they boost morale.  It's been scientifically proven.  Was panicking about food but it sounds like its going to be like a BBQ where everyone brings too much!

02/05/2013 at 23:58

Just got back from working away for the week, haven't unpacked the car to even think about packing it back up yet, that can wait til the morning. Looking forward to it, weather looks great 

Doner Kebab    pirate
03/05/2013 at 08:26

Q- ill knock quietly if im early, ill have a break around 8.30ish to meet people anyway. im not rushed to get back so can bring a machine down with me if your up for it and im not to knackered, can do the outline so at least you'll be half way there 

03/05/2013 at 09:07

Morning. I'm going to be arriving very late - maybe 10pm as Mr Soup needs the car until at least 5 or 6pm.

But I'm really looking forward to the weekend.

seren nos    pirate
03/05/2013 at 10:09

right...finally managed to get the two bikes on the bike carrier.minus 1 wheel.......they didn't want to go on.they have been spoit by always travelling first class inside the car.........but in the end they gave in and are on the back........hopefully will still be on the back when we arrive this afternoon........

see you all soon

03/05/2013 at 10:42

SA, I am now planning to take Sofia with me early on Sunday to join the show on the sides. Will take an early train.

Hope you do not mind your most obnoxious spaniard around

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.