4th & 5th May 2013

781 to 800 of 934 messages
Razor51    pirate
07/05/2013 at 13:37

Paul,  that would be Andy Hennie I think

Edited: 07/05/2013 at 13:38
Tired Badger    pirate
07/05/2013 at 13:47

My race report will be completed tonight , lets just say since seeing Mats pictures a big thanks to SA for saving my bacon as far as the race photographer goes, a few seconds earlier in T2 and some pics would have needed a xx rating. 

07/05/2013 at 14:17

Jammy Dodger ..... i've heard our kit being called all sorts, but not banana yellow!  Tee Hee!!!

The Silent Assassin    pirate
07/05/2013 at 14:19
Britrisky wrote (see)

So it does stand for something - not just a random design that you liked?? Is it a secret symbol, perhaps - have I unknowingly been drafted into some kind of evil group of, well, assassins ...? Somehow this is all beginning to make sense - pirates, pseudonyms, triathlon 'cover story' ...

Well, if you are a fan of the video game "Hitman", the second version of the game is known as "Hitman 2 Silent Assassin", the symbol is the international highly secret agency that he works for and as the DIY half is run from our house Marshalini wanted to put something in that meant something. It also  in the middel of the tattoo that I done by the wonderful DK on Sunday

Edited: 07/05/2013 at 14:20
07/05/2013 at 14:21
Tired Badger wrote (see)

My race report will be completed tonight , lets just say since seeing Mats pictures a big thanks to SA for saving my bacon as far as the race photographer goes, a few seconds earlier in T2 and some pics would have needed a xx rating. 

A few of the ladies got upset because Andi Hennie decided against a full change

07/05/2013 at 14:25

Will post my report from Sunday later on.

I have had a very interesting email from Marshalini about the weekend and his thoughts on how we go froward, it is very constructive and is full of good stuff.

We will let the dust settle on this years event first and then we will start thinking about next year, but before anyone starts a list. I need to see the people from the Leisure Centre, I did pass our thanks on, on Sunday, but  I need to see if they had any comments / complaints etc, I notice that the Sunday version was a lot less busy than the Saturday if terms of other people using the pool, not just us

Edited: 07/05/2013 at 14:27
Razor51    pirate
07/05/2013 at 14:25

Tell me more

Lee the Pea    pirate
07/05/2013 at 14:33

Edit: can't type quick enough, this was re Flash not stripping, hahaha.  Yeah, that was a shame.  Obligatory full changes now required from next year on  Hehehe.

Loving the race reports everyone, great work!  Haven't checked out the photos yet, but will do that tonight.  Oh and i'll do a mini race report, even though I slacked off the majority of the hard graft in order to watch men stripping in Q's garage.  Must remember my camera next time.......

Edited: 07/05/2013 at 14:33
Razor51    pirate
07/05/2013 at 14:36

Lee, oh how I wonder how your mind works? ( I've got a good idea).

Lee the Pea    pirate
07/05/2013 at 14:43

What, me?

07/05/2013 at 16:00

List for next year 

Soupy

Razor51    pirate
07/05/2013 at 17:02

List for next year 

Soupy

Razor

Horse

07/05/2013 at 17:19

Great race reports peeps.   

07/05/2013 at 17:27

List for next year 

Soupy

Razor

Horse

SuperCaz (and I might even attempt one lap of the bike and run)

Nudity in T2 should be compulsary for all men.  I'm not worried about the lack of photos as it is permentently etched on my mind

seren nos    pirate
07/05/2013 at 17:38

Tired badger...the photographer might have been slow on the uptake but the ladies supporting weren't......

07/05/2013 at 17:56

Hey, I'm married too, Cake.  At least for another 2 months anyway.  And there's nothing against looking *looks all innocent*

Mr StOat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 17:58

List for next year

Soupy
Razor
Horse
SuperCaz (and I might even attempt one lap of the bike and run)
7755Matt (or whatever name he becomes)
Mrs Matt

07/05/2013 at 19:34

Sunday

Woke stupidly early, had to check work and wait for Doner (i'll be over by 6) Kebab, only find a message from him, hit alarm off, instead of snooze, anyway stumbled downstairs to put the kettle on, Seren's hubby milling about and signs of life the living room as Cake and BBT had slept there, bacon and sausages on the go.

Pirates starting to turn up again Colourin, Britrisky, BBurn Plodder, Mrs Matt, Slagiatt, Button Mushroom, Tired Badger, Paul Platt, Paul's dad and then this guy gets out of a car with a personal trainer hoodie on, at which point every other bloke there sucked their tummies in a little, cut isn't the word.

After much faffing from everyone is was back to pool, racking again, thanks Marshalini, the pool was much quieter and we had 3 lanes cordoned off for our personal use.

Their seemed to be a bit of confusion about who was going in what lane, but eventually they got started and the swim looked to have passed with out incident.

Off to the feed station and was astounded by the amount of people who turned up, mummy SA ran out of cups for the tea and coffee.

Moved to T2 to await the people coming in from the bikes, when DK asks if I want my tat doing, gulp, erm yeah.

By the time we had finished, most people had finished the event and everyone was chatting away, job done.

07/05/2013 at 19:37

A couple of comedy gold moments for me, the look on BBT face when it looked like Tired badger might beat his time from the Saturday, saying it doesn't matter when you tell it did, but far and away the best was my brother in arms Cake agreeing to run with Paul Platt, to show him the way, Paul runs at 7:15min mile Cake doesn't, the result just had to be seen.

07/05/2013 at 19:47

OK almost finished

We had just the best of times, on a par or better than last year, yes.

It was all YOU that made this way, not us.

Jordy had an absolute blast this weekend

massive thanks to ALL that helped, but Lea and Caz for coming so far just to help, amazing.

Marshalini, racking, videos, signs, you have completely bought into what we have been trying achieve, thanks

To my Mum and dad, thanks for everything.

2 people really stood out to me.

Soupy, for showing true pirating to complete so much of the course after a disaster at her last race.

Young Liam, he must take after his mum, because he can't get it from his dad showed so much enthusiasm for the whole weekend.

Thanks all again for great, brilliant, awesome weekend

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.