Pirate DIY Half IM, The second coming!

4th & 5th May 2013

801 to 820 of 934 messages
Lee the Pea    pirate
07/05/2013 at 20:16

Aye great report SA! So when can we see a pic of the tat?! arggggg i knew i shouldn't have left early!!!!!!!

The Silent Assassin    pirate
07/05/2013 at 20:18

Lee, I understand there is great, fantastic news!!!!!!!

07/05/2013 at 20:23

Great race report SA! Photo of the tatt please! 

07/05/2013 at 20:28
SuperCaz wrote (see)

Hey, I'm married too, Cake.  At least for another 2 months anyway.  And there's nothing against looking *looks all innocent*

looking is ok, but looking with your tongue hanging out is a bit much

07/05/2013 at 20:45

OK Then just for the ladies

its quite finished yet, still have a bit of colour to add and the outlaw symbol and a bit of blackening in but

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/281972/gallery/imag0019.jpg?width=350

07/05/2013 at 20:50

Brilliant SA!

Lee the Pea    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:00

That is FAB!!!!!!!   Handy having a tattoo artist for a mate, isn't it?!  Hehehe.  How long did that take then?  Did it hurt?!

Oh yeah, and Florida, here I come, woo hoo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 

07/05/2013 at 21:03

only took just over an hour and no not as much I thought it would

Lee the Pea    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:14

Gosh that's not long, looks like it would have taken a lot longer!!!  Now you've got a taste for it, I bet you'll have a full sleeve by the time i see you next, hahahaha

Doner Kebab    pirate
07/05/2013 at 22:33

it should have taken longer Pea but i rushed it as i wanted to get home quick 

Lee the Pea    pirate
07/05/2013 at 22:53

Hahahaha!

07/05/2013 at 23:44

Apologies for the late post - I’ve only just got back online.

Firstly, a HUGE thanks to SA, Mrs SA, Jordy, SA Snr and Mrs SA Snr for hosting an absolutely fantastic weekend. As much as we may have got in the car (with or without caravans) and trundled up/down/left/right to get over to Macc, SA & family let a bunch of mostly strangers into their homes and hosted what was a cracking event. Thanks also to everyone else who contributed, including and especially the kids, who for the most part must have thought that Mum and/or Dad and their friends were out of their minds but supported everyone anyway.

Short and sweet (unlike my race) Race Report;

Swim = 46 mins. Longest ever swim in one go, still feeling strong at the end. Considering I only planned to come along to help on both days I wasn’t really expecting to complete the full HIM, so thought I’d take things slow and steady. Exiting into a wet and cold T1 I went for comfort over speed and put on plenty of layers. At least I wasn’t the only bike in the rack.

Bike = 4hrs. Started off OK, excellent directions and marshalling. Felt good for first few laps, but the bit of a headwind and monotonous hills started to take their toll. The feed station cheers kept the motivation up, although after Button Mushroom’s “It’s relentless” comment that was all I could think of for the last 6 laps. That and how the hell is BBT moving so damn fast. I often found myself taking in the spectacular scenery and forgetting I wasn’t supposed to be on a Sunday ride. I regretted not bringing the TT bike as there was plenty of opportunity (and benefit) for getting on the bars. Sadly I came off the bike feeling OK in the legs but neck/back killing me. Cue a 24 hour T2…

Run = 2.02. Not bad run for me (1.50ish PB) given the undulating course and legs feeling a bit heavy from day before. Started off with Disoriented & Tired Badger, who quickly disappeared into the distance. Most noticeable was the number of locals who were now taking an interest in what the hell was going on and by the end actually shouting cheers of encouragement. The final run up to Chez SA was a great way to close it out; no chance of stopping, but a bit of uphill to rack up the pain. Pure SA logic.

Given I hadn’t expected to do much I was quite chuffed to actually complete the course in the end, albeit in 30:48

SA had clearly lied about the hills on the bike, and I had stupidly believed him again when he said that the run was flat. I only hope he doesn’t find a way to tilt the swimming pool or find a fast flowing river to swim against for next year. At least forewarned is forearmed so I now know the terrain to train in for DIY HIM 2014.

I arrived knowing no-one and with a fair degree of trepidation. I left knowing a great bunch of people and what it means to be a Pirate.

MrM

PS I think the pirate baseball hat is mine (left it in the garage?). Doh! Will send address. Soz

08/05/2013 at 07:41

List for next year 

Soupy

Razor

Horse

SuperCaz (and I might even attempt one lap of the bike and run)

7755Matt (or whatever name he becomes)

Mrs Matt

MrMonic

Pudge    pirate
08/05/2013 at 07:55
Mr Monic wrote (see)

List for next year 

Soupy

Razor

Horse

Mrs Matt

MrMonic

Pudge

Can I play?

Edited: 08/05/2013 at 07:56
08/05/2013 at 08:16

List for next year 

Soupy

Razor

Horse

Mrs Matt

MrMonic

Pudge

Colourin

Stoatally Different    pirate
08/05/2013 at 08:41

Looks like its on again then

Razor51    pirate
08/05/2013 at 09:12

How many who were there on Saturday and Sunday will be doing Outlaw this year?

08/05/2013 at 10:05

Me

08/05/2013 at 10:05

Well, a bit of it anyhow.

Razor51    pirate
08/05/2013 at 10:08

Me and Horse

801 to 820 of 934 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.