Pirate outings in 2014

Is it to early to start the debate?

241 to 260 of 700 messages
seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 13:45
Ridgebackmax wrote (see)
For me the mental pressure was feeling the caravan rocking with the wind and rain lashing against it and listening to the roar of the surf at Pendean Sands, thinking we are all going to die
On the day the swim was great

think your self lucky that you weren't in a tent getting flooded and blown to pieces.........

02/02/2013 at 14:53
Hardcore
seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 16:45

I'm going back to IMW this year but there is no way i am staying in a tent there again

02/02/2013 at 17:10
We were in a caravan at Pendeen Sands it was a bit out but a great place to chill away from the pre race hype
seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 17:56

going to be staying an apartment in the town this year. and some decent sherpas.........I'm going to need everything to be going for me if i'm going to slay that dragon

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 18:36

I hope I can see the swim from my bedroom window 

02/02/2013 at 18:53
I was able to see the swim from my bedroom window. Then me and a few others decamped to my bedroom to watch the run as they came in front of our hotel four times each lap
M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 19:01

I might not be in your bedroom 

kittenkat    pirate
02/02/2013 at 19:56
AndrewSmith wrote (see)

Oh my word what a lot has changed in the last eight years!

If there is a pirate anniversary race in 2015 then I think maybe the remaining 'original' pirates should be the ones who choose where to go. There are probably four or five of us left including Jj who is and will always be as much pirate as any of us without having to don rubber.

The rest of you can just follow as you have all been doing since then

Well get them to fucking speak up then! Not that I'm interested, I won't be there, but the old pot needs stirring just so we can say hi. Or not. (Ok the disclaimer is that I'm not talking on behalf of anyone else and just amusing myself, as you well know)

kittenkat    pirate
02/02/2013 at 20:02

And Smiffy, after all the conversations we've had over the years about you 'not' being a Pirate, you've now feel differently?

kittenkat    pirate
02/02/2013 at 20:03

I'm not changing my status to non pirate pirate, just because of you.

kittenkat    pirate
02/02/2013 at 20:06

"you, now feel differently"

My bad, and busy day tomorrow. Over and out.

IronCat5    pirate
02/02/2013 at 20:51
M...eldy wrote (see)

A year off??  What will you do with your willy??

Play with it?!

Seren - you left off EtonMan. The new VoTwo run IronDistance race at Dorney lake. I imagine the swim would be similar to Outlaw, but the 36 bike laps of the lake, and 9 laps on foot may take the piss.

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 20:53

Is that a full one ??

Dorney, not the willy 

IronCat5    pirate
02/02/2013 at 20:59
M...eldy wrote (see)

Is that a full one ??

Dorney, not the willy 

According to the flyer I got today, yes!

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 21:01

Blimey .... spoilt for choice !

I am not sure it will get that many takers?  Hasnt actually got much of a wow factor?

seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 21:23
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
M...eldy wrote (see)

A year off??  What will you do with your willy??

Play with it?!

Seren - you left off EtonMan. The new VoTwo run IronDistance race at Dorney lake. I imagine the swim would be similar to Outlaw, but the 36 bike laps of the lake, and 9 laps on foot may take the piss.

i used to think i would never do a lap race but after enduroman i'm not so sure.....i enjoyed the laps there...but then it was a varying scenery and elevation......not sure going a round a lake would be the same

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 21:25

Now I think I could cope with monotony .... rather like swimming up and down doesnt bother me much either, I like not having to think too much !   Not sure how that would translate to 36 laps of a lake tho

iron fraggle    pirate
02/02/2013 at 21:28

jesus, 8 laps of Dorney for an Oly was enough for me to loose the will to live, but 36    so so boring, but at least you'd get to see your supporters a lot

seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 21:29

can't find anything on their website for that cat.same as with the bath one

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.