Pirate outings in 2014

Is it to early to start the debate?

341 to 360 of 652 messages
09/02/2013 at 00:02

And also, if you don't like it, don't go!  We've had pirate splinter groups in previous years, and it didn't seem to be an issue then.

Symes    pirate
09/02/2013 at 00:20

What her said really

09/02/2013 at 06:53
M..o.use wrote (see)

And also, if you don't like it, don't go!  We've had pirate splinter groups in previous years, and it didn't seem to be an issue then.

Spliter!!

purpletrilady    pirate
09/02/2013 at 09:27
Doozer. wrote (see)
If you want beginner friendly do a sprint! An IM is a tough race that requires commitment and dedication, financially and training! No matter which long distance race you choose it will be expensive and tough!

htfu. It's not a knitting club after all

????

I disagree.

The one thing that inspired me about the Pirates was reading the stories of those who had no background in sport who went from zero to IM in 9 months. I was particularly inspired by those who were slow, those pirates for whom the cut off was always going to being an issue. Those were the people who inspired me to do my first IM. And guess what? I don't think doing an IM is that hard. If you've got the time and determination then its within the capability of lots of people.

However, IMWales and Lanza are hard and for those who are slow and beginners then it will be diffcult for for them to make the cut offs.

I am not saying that we shound  always have beginner friendly races as the PSOF champs  but it is a factor we should take into account. 

IronCat5    pirate
09/02/2013 at 09:32
Flat Foo..ted wrote (see)
M..o.use wrote (see)

Spliter!!

Are you the Judean People's front?

Challenge Barcelona is in Calella, which is closer to Girona airport. Calella is a nice part of the world.

Aywhere the pirates are en-masse is Noob friendly.

Rafiki    pirate
09/02/2013 at 09:56

F*cking Judean People's Front?? F*ck Off! We're the People's Front of Judea!! .....

iron fraggle    pirate
09/02/2013 at 10:01

M...eldy    pirate
09/02/2013 at 11:42
I'd quote if I could but Cat, that last line is so very true
cougie    pirate
09/02/2013 at 12:47
I'm voting for somewhere abroad. We've 2 years to save up for it.

Even if it rains - it'll be warm rain abroad.
09/02/2013 at 13:14
Is the rain warm in Sweden always looks feckin freezing on Wallander
Dubai Dave    pirate
09/02/2013 at 14:02
Have any of swum in the Baltic? It's f'ing freezing even in the summer.
09/02/2013 at 14:08
DD as in "its feckin Baltic"
As a kid every year we used to go on holiday to Norfolk play all day in the North sea in a pair of trunks we must have been blue i think i have grown up into a wetsuited wuss
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
09/02/2013 at 14:44

Nice...?

Its warm there and I fancy a hard bike

or Embrunman??  -  ok maybe not

Did I think / hear they were trying to get a second IM in spain?

Edited: 09/02/2013 at 14:46
seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:05
cougie wrote (see)
I'm voting for somewhere abroad. We've 2 years to save up for it.

Even if it rains - it'll be warm rain abroad.

weve agred for 2015 which is austria....

they are now arguing about 2014 which people will have to enter in the summer so only a few months to save up

09/02/2013 at 18:10
How about Florida? Apart from I don't know what date it's on.

Warm, flat, accommodation shouldn't be too expensive and we can all go to the Magic Kingdom afterwards.

;)
seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:19

Mouse.didn't it sell out in about 10 mins...........i was so pleased when mrs SA got her place.....and really looking forward to her race report

The Silent Assassin    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:20

Mouse, Florida sold out in under 60 seconds this year and its in November plus its some 300 miles away from Disney

09/02/2013 at 18:24
Not a clue. The thought just struck me that maybe we should all go to America but then again, places over there are like rocking horse poop. As you say.
M...eldy    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:25

As IM gets all the more popular then I suppose you run the risk each time that not everyone will get in .. unless we get block booking like we did  *errrr ...* Switzerland?

M...eldy    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:26

Apart from Sweden is there an IM we havent done (discounting the ones Stateside)?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.