Pirate Race Team

Discuss

201 to 220 of 478 messages
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
07/11/2013 at 17:51

Only if theyre around to prove 'creative' input, ive never seen any colour photo's from the 16th century so they'd stuggle on the colour pantone.

07/11/2013 at 17:51

Depends, when Plums wears the kit it rarely floats

07/11/2013 at 17:57
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
EU law protects unregistered design rights.

but that's on the assumption that someone owns the design in the 1st place - nobody "owns" the pirate design although Melik could claim to do so as he was the one who designed the kit based on input from others.   

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
07/11/2013 at 18:12
I maybe wrong but there can be degrees of ownership, partial and shared owners, first owner and subsequent owners depending on their input to design.

It'd be a brave soul who'd try to defend a class action with the risk of paying costs if they lost.
07/11/2013 at 18:14

That was my point fb, nobody actually owns it but the strongest claim would be a collective of me, you (I think), melik and maybe smithy, who came up with it.  And whoever designed that skull image, which was nicked off the internet anyway.  And then given the pirates never had a committee to assume control, it's still with those original people, more than anybody else. Who weren't the people hypothetically trying to sell It.  

that's all boring though.  Who wants to buy a Tower Bridge?  I can do you a good price for one.  I can throw in a Chelsea Bridge and a Hammersmith Bridge too.  Those two are the most christmassy.

TR
07/11/2013 at 18:19

I can see what Mr Fegan was trying to do, I'm kind of with FB on that.

Re the sub 3 thread thing, it was set up by numpties trying to go sub3 and is still a very popular thread now with lots of sub 2:30 folks now. Lots of lurkers say they like reading the thread even if they dont apsire to run sub3, I'd be the same with a sub11 or sub10 type IM thread. I'm interested in what the fast folks do, even if I dont want to join in (or arnt good enough to)..

Re the marketing stuff, promotional codes for kit, equipment on line would be one matter, but I bet folks would be more interested if Mr Fegan could secure 20% off the entry fee for everyone at something like the Outlaw. Might be wrong, but I think Pirates have tried to secure preferential entry fees before. Is that much different from gear discounts ?

Doner Kebab    pirate
07/11/2013 at 18:59

shit - that was a long read - its all appenin on 'ere innit. now, dare i go on facebook

07/11/2013 at 19:04
Lee the Pea wrote (see)

If a sub-10 thread on here gets too many bullshitty comments, just set up a cheap website to store info about racing/training etc., and you can have a forum on it for discussion. I'm sure it can't be that hard or costly to do, then everything is in one place?

I think that was the initial point. and it got pretty much jumped on and a number of 'go to tripetalk' comments already.

07/11/2013 at 19:06
fat buddha wrote (see)
joddly wrote (see)

Funkin's also already a sub-10

did he sub-10 at Roth?? if so, I forgot that

IMUK - by 5 secs

M...eldy    pirate
07/11/2013 at 19:15

I think there would be a fair few people interested in a sub 10 thread for training tips and ideas rather than the time itself if that makes sense ...we have a fair few who are tweaking the nose of the lower numbers and I am sure there are people in the sub 3 thread who are there or thereabouts

Would the speedier pirates frequent the thread ??

07/11/2013 at 20:11

Good question meldy. Care to start a list?

BTW just to clarify this for me....so there's zero rules and that's a huge part of the appeal of something which actually doesn't exist cos otherwise there would be some sort of rules but as soon as someone wants to do something that's kind of against something but we'd best not call it rules cos there aren't any (and that's the appeal remember) then that's just not cricket...but it's okay to have an Elitist Shield (which is an annual club of one per gender which kind of sounds a little more Elitist than the proposed Race for Life Team) and all the other awards and developments that weren't there at the outset?  I presume the annual outing idea came free with the Pringle tube. Okay got it.

As you were.

M...eldy    pirate
07/11/2013 at 20:18

Its about time you were on a list  

TR
07/11/2013 at 20:46

Padams (of the sub3 thread) went sub 9:30 at Kona this year, MTriton (of the sub3 thread) did ~9:30 at Barcelona recently. It would be good to get folks like those to join in.

seren nos    pirate
07/11/2013 at 20:51

TR...they are on tritalk aren't they..but i think there is a lot more cross over nowadays between the two forums.........i have seen a number of pirtaes on that site.....and some tritalkers post on here.

i think in the past there might have been some stupid comments on a fast thread.,but nowadays I think we love the fact that there are some fast pirates that kick arse.........and most people would love to follow discussions about their training even if we couldn't understand it all.

M...eldy    pirate
07/11/2013 at 20:53

I'd read it and I think would likely get some inspiration from it too

Its got to be worth a try  

No, I'm not starting it !

TR
07/11/2013 at 20:55

Seren - Padams posted on the TT Kona thread (as he was going there too), MTriton posts on TT more now as he runs stand alone marathons less, I think that he won a DIM somewhere this year (he's a nutter like TC).

seren nos    pirate
07/11/2013 at 20:57

i have seen MTriton post on TT on a few threads i am on....I love following fast peoples reports.,,,

Doner Kebab    pirate
07/11/2013 at 22:12

Mtriton won this years double at enduroman, looked amazing all the way

Doner Kebab    pirate
07/11/2013 at 22:14

i would be quite interested for a sub 10 thread, for a half that is 

Iron Pingu    pirate
07/11/2013 at 22:18
Ooh, me too!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.