Pirate spotting

Post your latest here

801 to 820 of 1,600 messages
23/10/2011 at 21:17

Anyone and everyone....we had three members of my running club running ...plus Pirates...plus about 100 other people i knew...i was getting stick and abuse all day long for supporting and not running.

I try to encourage all. Good job i have a big mouth and i am loud

debbo    pirate
23/10/2011 at 22:43
I was with Meldy and I can confirm that she wasn't in a rhino suit, but nor was she in pirate kit, but I was

pfffft

it was great to see you popping up everywhere TB
23/10/2011 at 22:54

TB was excellent.  Top supportist.  We even got beeped from the car.

Thank you for the hug & kiss, that can't have been pleasant at 22 miles in.

23/10/2011 at 23:09
You are all welcome ...i am obviously a better supporter than competitor
Tommygun2    pirate
23/10/2011 at 23:27

Hey Cat5 in the Hat

I was wearing the Pirate buff i think you said go Pirate as you overtook me at about mile 2

I over took two Pirate who were ambling down a hill as though they were out on a ramble, I did allow them to catch up with me on the next up hill section. Didn't see them again untill the finish where they were lying on the grass at the finish bit. I guess they must have given up.  FF & Plum good effort boys, I guess the effect of being passed spurred you on to good times.

I can also claim to have spotted PiT, actually she caught up with me,bit of a theme going on here, well I couldn't shake her off or she couldn't shake me off for about 2.5 hours actually, thanks for the knagging(encouragement) especially on the last couple of miles PiT

MovingAlong    pirate
30/10/2011 at 19:55
Did I spot The Drainman at the Great South Run this morning?
thedrainman    pirate
04/11/2011 at 20:30
Yes I was there, 24,000 and never spotted any other pirates.
MovingAlong    pirate
05/11/2011 at 11:48
Markthedrainman (Still) wrote (see)
Yes I was there, 24,000 and never spotted any other pirates.

I wasn't in pirate kit hence you wouldn't have spotted me. Was supporting at the end and saw you coming towards me (just at the double bend, about 200-300m to go). Gave you a shout, but only once you'd gone past did I see 'Drainman' on your top.

thedrainman    pirate
06/11/2011 at 17:02
Yes on the front, yes I herd the shout at that poing, Thanks
JD.    pirate
13/11/2011 at 16:52
pirate spotted with buff on mtb on the ridgeway between goring and east illsley? was out there with izzy oerched on the bike. lovely day.
JD.
Cheerful Dave    pirate
08/01/2012 at 15:21
Boinged as there are bound to be a few in their brand new kit. I'll kick off with a pirate spotted going the easy way up Box Hill this afternoon.
08/01/2012 at 17:00
Is that the same way up Box Hill I saw you going yesterday CD?!

I was out in noo kit this am round Box Hill, but going the proper way!
Cheerful Dave    pirate
08/01/2012 at 17:38

I wasn't going up the hill yesterday, I was avoiding it altogether by running round it

I also christened my new jacket this morning, but I was in a car and stuffed full of lunch by the time I saw A.N. Other pirate coming the other way...

IronCat5    pirate
08/01/2012 at 20:38

I was spotted by Iron Tractor Boy today at the TVXC Tadley race.

I'd had a poor race and was tired so wasn't much for conversation. Hello ITB! Which club do you run for?

09/01/2012 at 14:46
Now who was that Dave.  I believe Toucs may have been in the vicinity?
Cheerful Dave    pirate
09/01/2012 at 15:23

It could well have been, HC.  Right gender & build, anyway.  I didn't get much of a look as we drove past!

Iron Pingu    pirate
09/01/2012 at 16:13

Was anyone out cycling near Abergavenny yesterday, by daugher swears she drove passed some pirates..

09/01/2012 at 16:25
Thought I saw Toucs jogging up from Langley Vale towards Epsom Downs in a bright orange shirt about 4/5 days ago, but no Pirate gear, no shout out!
09/01/2012 at 16:51
Gladys I deny all knowledge.... Wasn't me.  Besides I hear it's really dangerous to loiter around Langley Vale and Epsom Downs...
Iron Tractor Boy    pirate
09/01/2012 at 21:52

Normally I don't see any other pirates while training, then I see two in two days followed by another Ipswich Town supporter at the gym (200 miles away from Ipswich).

Saturday at local Parkrun saw thedrainman then Sunday saw Cat5.

Cat5, I run for Tadley Runners, I was marshalling at the bottom of the field just after the muddy narrow path before you got to the streams. I was glad there was food left for the marshals as well.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.