Pirate spotting

Post your latest here

1,061 to 1,080 of 1,579 messages
Dustboy    pirate
21/11/2012 at 12:39

Lady pirate spotted on the new allabouttriathlons website getting grubby on MTB. Flyaway?

01/01/2013 at 14:34

I spotted a Pirate on Box Hill today in the cafe. At least I assume he was a pirate from his two PSOF waterbottles.

Riding a Felt Tri Bike and wearing a black SIS top. I did call out but I dont think he heard me.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

06/01/2013 at 12:17

JC Digger spotted out in the wilds of Northamptonshire and Rutland this morning.

IronCat5    pirate
10/02/2013 at 14:10

CD spotted at the Wokingham Half-mara today. Romping home easily to a great finish.

I also saw someone in a Cofides Pirate t-shirt towards the BOP. I Arrghd but no reponse. Certainly didn't recognise him.

Cheerful Dave    pirate
10/02/2013 at 14:35

Dammit Cat, I was just about to post that I'd spotted you!  To be fair, you were easier to spot - it's morning like this that the Pirate bike jacket is made for!

I was getting very cold very quickly after the finish, or I'd have gone back down the line to say hi.  As it was, the baggage tents were across in a field which was getting muddier by the minute.

Edited: 10/02/2013 at 14:38
Bedders..    pirate
11/02/2013 at 21:21

Cat - T'was me. I did hear the arrrrgghh but was too late to arrgggh back! Got a few "Go Pirates" on the way round which always makes a huge difference. 

rain and mud made it an interesting half......still haven't really dried out and warmed yet.

Anyone doing the Reading Half in March? If so I am running the 1:55 pace team so feel free to come and join me at the party end of the pack. Can't wear the yellow and black as we are sponsored but even so should be fun. 

seren nos    pirate
17/02/2013 at 17:21

i thought i spotted a pirate buff today near abergavenny......they were going very fast and I believe it was  a female rider.......so probably IronPingu.i shouted pirtae but we had already passed each other........i had taken my buff off so my only pirate feature was my water bottle..........

Iron Pingu    pirate
17/02/2013 at 18:04

Oh! Apart from the very fast bit yes that was probably me.  If it was heading back to Aber then there was a fab tail wind .  Were you in a group?  There were so many cyclist out today, packs, singles, bikes everywhere!

seren nos    pirate
17/02/2013 at 18:07

yes i was near the back of a group.........the cardiff club had 5 groups out doing the 100 miler today.......

it was such a perfect day for cycling out so wasn't suprised that there were loads of people out

Iron Pingu    pirate
17/02/2013 at 18:19

Best day for cycling in a bloody long time!  I even washed the bike to celebrate...

Cheerful Dave    pirate
19/02/2013 at 09:18

Pirate who looked suspiciously like Hollywood passed heading the other way along Lodgbottom Lane on Sunday afternoon.  He had the old style pirate jacket with black arms.

19/02/2013 at 10:02

CD- that'd be me (if said Pirate was on a hybrid).  Low sun made riding that road an absolute squint-fest. 

Cheerful Dave    pirate
19/02/2013 at 11:47

Sorry FF - I didn't get a great look as you sped by and H was the first that popped into my head.  The sun was very low by then!

M...eldy    pirate
19/02/2013 at 18:28

I love this thread ... you cant go anywhere these days without being spotted 

Trogs    pirate
03/03/2013 at 21:58

Lovely to see the Funkins and Ferret - largely incognito - at Spitfire/Tempest today plus an unknown to me pirate in black and yellow who looked a bit bemused by the 'go pirate' shouts his monaco attracted

Tired Badger    pirate
04/03/2013 at 13:14

Spotted 2 pirates on bikes going through Oxshott yesterday. Was in car, not sure whom they were.

04/03/2013 at 16:06

TB, that was probably me and Flatfooted? I think we went through around lunchtime? 

The one at the back was me most likely, I was done by then. We'd done 50 mile loop covering a few too many upflats for someone who hasn't done enough outdoor biking recently. Slow Engineer was further still up the road, but unless you saw the Pirate/Outlaw Buff you might not have noticed. 

He was riding a triple, so probably just as well he wasn't in full pirate kit. 

Don't want the world thinking we are all granny gear riders! 

Dubai Dave    pirate
05/03/2013 at 08:14

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/45388/gallery/yas_1.jpg?width=350

From The National newspaper, Yas Tri

24/03/2013 at 14:08

Pirate spotted on the A25 heading towards Dorking at 12.30ish today...might have been Ferret?

25/03/2013 at 08:45
My friend got an "argh" from a pirate at Wilmslow yesterday, l was so sad that i didn't see one. Pirate spotting has added a whole new level of distraction therapy at events. Well down all who battled the winds training or racing this weekend.
1,061 to 1,080 of 1,579 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.