Pirate spotting

Post your latest here

1,841 to 1,860 of 1,860 messages
Magna Carter    pirate
26/10/2016 at 16:53

gosh!

clearly not very 'engaged' with the PSOF community!!!

The Silent Assassin    pirate
26/10/2016 at 16:59

Hang on, wasn't there a guy racing Lanza this year in kit, that never made himself known to us and I think he was a bit on the quick side, I seem to think someone said they know who he was and I think they said he qualified for Kona but I did drink an awful lot in Lanza and I may have dreamt it 

Magna Carter    pirate
26/10/2016 at 19:01

I don't remember that.... and I was stone cold sober for the whole week...

Crooky-IronKnee    pirate
26/10/2016 at 19:05

i thought it was me when SA said a bit on the quick side
then i actually remembered what happened 

seren nos    pirate
26/10/2016 at 20:08

i seem to remember one of the pit=rates getting a place for Kona through the ballot / lottery system...cant remember his name but he did post about it...

27/10/2016 at 11:07

wasn't that Iron Banksy who got a place in 2015?

Can I join the "pit=rates" sounds so much better that pirates

Rafiki    pirate
27/10/2016 at 13:28
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

....I did drink an awful lot in Lanza and I may have dreamt it 

I had a horrible dream that I was dancing with one of the Backstreet Boys in Lanza ..... oh no, wait a minute, it was ......

27/10/2016 at 15:14
Rafiki wrote (see)
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

....I did drink an awful lot in Lanza and I may have dreamt it 

I had a horrible dream that I was dancing with one of the Backstreet Boys in Lanza ..... oh no, wait a minute, it was ......

oh you wish !!!!!!!!!!   I am so far out of your league its untrue

Rafiki    pirate
27/10/2016 at 15:32

SA - don't put yourself down like that!!!

M...eldy    pirate
28/10/2016 at 05:54

all depends which way out of your league he was heading ....

Cheerful Dave    pirate
28/10/2016 at 07:50

He was looking to get promoted out of his league, but lost on penalties in the play-offs.

28/10/2016 at 13:43
M...eldy wrote (see)

all depends which way out of your league he was heading ....

I think we all know the answer to that 

28/10/2016 at 19:08

SA - I know the chap you're referring to as he is part of my swim club, but i cannot see from the video whether or not it is him

20/11/2016 at 18:16

Apologies for being an interloper on here!

I've been aware of this thread for quite a while since I've spotted a few Pirates out and about - but never had the courage to post.

Today, though, I managed to "aaaarrrg" a Pirate as we were running down into Llandudno before heading up onto the Great Orme in the Conwy Half Marathon - and I was wondering who it was?

He gave a friendly "Alright!" greeting - which was nice, since he'd have no clue who I was. (Small woman in purple top, black leggings, luminous yellow gloves... in case more than one random woman "aaaarrrg'ed" on the course today!)

seren nos    pirate
20/11/2016 at 18:34

so male... and in pirate kit... in north wales... I will have a think  

Hi Little nell

20/11/2016 at 18:54

Hi seren nos... thanks for the thinks 

Very curious who it was!

20/11/2016 at 20:55
I saw him too i was watching about 200 yards from the finish he looked in good shape.
23/11/2016 at 14:43

Now I really want to know who it was.........just because we don't seem to know and I hate not knowing stuff!!

Zakalwe-Outlaw    pirate
23/11/2016 at 23:48

Hey that was me on the Conwy Half in Pirate top.  The aarrggghhh was really appreciated, I tore by quad about 3 miles into that and was in the hurt locker for anything that was flat or down hill over the next 10 miles.  Hope that you did well, you looked strong when you came past mate.  

That was an awesome race though, very scenic and fairly friendly as well.

24/11/2016 at 11:53

Hey, Zakalwe-Outlaw - thanks for "outing" yourself  You are the recipient of my first ever Pirate "aaarrrgggh"!

Man - sorry to hear about your quad! That really wasn't the course to have any muscle injuries on... hope you didn't do yourself too much damage - that (bloody)Great Orme must have been a killer for you. I did 1:49, which was OK as it was my last HM for the year and I just wanted to chug round and enjoy the scenery... which I did.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,841 to 1,860 of 1,860 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.