Pirate Spotting

Dunmow Duathlon

16 messages
05/03/2011 at 20:44

Hi

If you are reading this then I'm guessing you are the Pirate from Ware that I met today. I'm the one with the four little girls!

My hubby took two photos of you as you came in from the first run. If you would like them then please message me with your e-mail address and i'd be very happy to send them to you.

Lovely to meet a Pirate at last!

Chilibean

M...eldy    pirate
05/03/2011 at 20:54
That would have been Trickster I would think

process of elimination and the fact that he started the Dunmow thread the other week ...
05/03/2011 at 21:31
I am reading this, but it wasn't me
OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
05/03/2011 at 21:49
i was entered but did a ride with a friend instead....

Could not be arsed to get up there in the end, (no car and a 90 min ride up there for 1 9.00 start, and a hangover, all conspired against it!!!
M...eldy    pirate
06/03/2011 at 07:13
Gaylord  !!!
06/03/2011 at 08:49

OC - we saw that there was another pirate listed on the race entry and we were looking out for you. Sorry you didn't make it.

Oops! missed the Dunmow thread

The Trickster    pirate
08/03/2011 at 21:38

Yes - 'twas me. I was wondering where the other two Pirates had got to - that explains it OC.

Nearly had an Easyjet plane land on me in the bike leg which was a first (bike leg went past the end of the Stanstead runway). Transition very muddy - don't know why they couldn't have set it up on the concrete rather than the muddy field, otherwise a well organised and run event - I'll probably return next year. Dull fact - race announcer shared my surname.

Chili - coming out of T2 in a Duathlon is worse than in a Triathlon so that will stand you in good stead. Good luck at Dorney.

TheEngineer    pirate
12/03/2011 at 16:46
Believe I was spotted today at Jodrell Bank Sportive. Don't know if whoever it was posts here but felt I should apologise for offering little more than a grunt! Was a little tired, to say the least!!
M...eldy    pirate
12/03/2011 at 16:54
Holgs & Cougs would quite possibly have been at Jodrell?

If he didnt run up to you brandishing a book and a camera then it must have been Cougs  
TheEngineer    pirate
12/03/2011 at 17:57
Lookin at the points thread I think it might have been Holgs. Which is funny cause I only went and ordered his book on Friday!
The Silent Assassin    pirate
13/03/2011 at 09:54

There was Cougie (80 miles on a fixie!) Iron Holgs(only the 50 mile ride (gaylord)) me and Mrs SA

TheEngineer    pirate
13/03/2011 at 11:07
That confirms it then, I'm a gaylord.
13/03/2011 at 22:52

I passed my first pirate today!!!

At the Fradley 10k (Staffs) he was cycling the opposite way to the runners. I shouted what I believe is the customary "Go on pirate!" to be greeted by a very pleasant "Aaaarrrrggggghhh"

Thank you whoever you are, made my second loop all the more enjoyable!

14/03/2011 at 08:05
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

Iron Holgs(only the 50 mile ride (gaylord))

But he did make it on to the TV last night !
TheEngineer    pirate
14/03/2011 at 09:01
Did he? Where?!
14/03/2011 at 09:02
Look North West  last night

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
16 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.