21/04/2006 at 12:13
more Barley comedy...

After the wheel epsiode...

Could it be possible?
21/04/2006 at 12:19
Anyone for more sausage?
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
21/04/2006 at 12:30
Yep id like another go next year but no sure of my plans just yet?
Calf    pirate
21/04/2006 at 12:34
I'd be up for it!!!
21/04/2006 at 12:45
Hold on didnt we mention there was a nice Youth Hostel in Lincolnshire, some nice hills near Spalding!
WildWill    pirate
21/04/2006 at 13:17
i think we should stop at Boggle Hole YH

cos i like the name
21/04/2006 at 15:59
The advantage of Windermere is having the pool so close, and now we know the bike route!

By the way, I spoke to Mark's girlfriend today - he's been back in hospital having chemo but coming home today. He's still going to run a swim clinic for us so I'll start another thread for it.... see you there :-)
25/04/2006 at 08:25
Windermere was great and the pool being close was good. I may not be so lazy if it is there next year/I go/am allowed to go andrun there and back.

The Guernsey Easterruns are great fun as well. I did these a few years ago. A Pirate Team would do well and we could er surf or do 65 laps of the island by bike. http://www.guernseyathletics.org.gg/easter/index.html
Iron Mike    pirate
25/04/2006 at 14:52
I would be up for it next year i should imagine, but would prefer a change of venue. There was nothing wrong with where we were-far from it, but its always good to explore new places. It was also a long way up north (for us londoners anyway). Think perhaps the peak district could be an idea? Not quite so far oop north, and i'm sure there are hills there. Weather might be a bit nicer too :-)

In terms of dates, i can't plan a week ahead let alone a year. I think its going to be better sorted nearer the time.
25/04/2006 at 15:27
I vote for Norfolk. Lovely part of the country :-)
SluMdot    pirate
26/04/2006 at 09:49
I think the peak district works for a lot of peeps , but I will go anywhere ... I am a training whoore

see you all soon and definately for next year
WildWill    pirate
26/04/2006 at 09:50
the lakes again would be good
26/04/2006 at 09:56
but the southern pansies obviously had problems fighting their way to the glacial North WW.
25/05/2006 at 21:06
Update..

Lindi has been 'given' her thank you present for organising the training weekend.

I was totally stumped what to get her so asked.

You will be please to know we are buying some of Lindi's GB kit

Since Lindi's not here at the mo I must pass on her heartfelt thanks on her behalf.

Cheers everyone.

The Trickster    pirate
25/05/2006 at 21:24
Gumps - great call for the Easteruns - I've always fancied giving them a bash. Having spent many a childhood summer holiday on the island only adds to the attraction of returning.
30/05/2006 at 11:29
Although Carl has already said it I'll say it again.....

Many many thanks guys for the pressie - my GB kit is fab and I had a great race. Hopefully I'll have somme photos of me in it to show off soon.

And thanks for coming to the weekend, it was great fun :-)

And more good news..... I was wearing my GB jacket to work this morning and my boss is now talking about trying to find some money to help me get to some more races :-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,201 to 1,216 of 1,216 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.