Pirates at VLM

261 to 280 of 301 messages
Iron Pingu    pirate
23/04/2012 at 08:26
PRW, if somebody told me I was running a marathon this Sunday I would use words that I don't normally type on hear.  Well done, the thought of running 2 in a week makes me a feel a bit sick!
23/04/2012 at 14:08

It was me in the red visor - going for the proper tri ponce look

Great pirate support as usual - at Mudchute and other places - thank you, it helps

Finished in 3.39, which I'm pleased with as it's been a busy 3 weeks - I'm just disappointed that it took me 17 miles to drop Jaffa

Great to meet pirates I haven't met before
IP - how long did you hide in the toilet for?

Holly_Golightly    pirate
23/04/2012 at 14:22

Tall blonde pirate might have been Gyraffe.

Thanks for the soaking, hairy. I only got the tail end of it, but that was bad enough!  I hope you received adequate payback from your lovely lady.

23/04/2012 at 14:32
Iron Pingu    pirate
23/04/2012 at 14:45
hairier half wrote (see)

IP - how long did you hide in the toilet for?

.. quite a long time, had a rather bad tum, was lucky that loo was free!
M.r Zuvai    pirate
23/04/2012 at 15:05

cracking effort all!

great inspiration for next week!

Slagiatt    pirate
23/04/2012 at 15:21

Well done all .. seeing you all yesterday has given me the kick up the arse i needed to get training properly again. 

Sorry to bring the tone down .. But for anyone that didnt already sponsor someone .. and that enjoyed watching the marathon then you might want to throw a few quid at the just giving page of Claire Squires , the young lady that tragically died on the final part of the course  .  https://www.justgiving.com/Claire-Squires2  she was running to raise money for the samaritans.

Golden Boots    pirate
23/04/2012 at 16:11
Such a tragedy! Have just donated a small amount of money... and in the time it took me to make the payment her sponsorship went from £38k - £44k. It seems it has gone a bit viral in the last couple of hours or so... at least it is a viral for a good cause, but at such a cost
23/04/2012 at 16:23
Hi Slagiatt - good to see you.  Nice tatt by the way.
Slagiatt    pirate
23/04/2012 at 16:33
Thanks Holly   lovely seeing you again .   I think your Tatt still has the edge though, thats dead smart.
M.r Zuvai    pirate
23/04/2012 at 17:08
Holly_Golightly wrote (see)
Hi Slagiatt - good to see you. Nice tatt by the way.

+1 seriously impressed Slag

Iron Pingu    pirate
23/04/2012 at 17:16
Hey Mr Zuvai, cheers for the hug, hope I wasn't too sweaty, was seriously regretting the extra T shirt, it was supposed to rain and be bloody cold!
M.r Zuvai    pirate
23/04/2012 at 17:19

Hey Pingu - was great to see you! you were looking quite comfortable considering you'd run 17 miles!

well done on your time

23/04/2012 at 17:40
Oh yes! The soaking! [levels a Very Flat Stare Indeed at HH]

Direct hit. Still, it refreshed my curl cream so I used it as an impromptu hair-fluffing session.
23/04/2012 at 22:04
Fantastic support yesterday,  thanks to all who were out there & lovely to meet more pirates both on the course and in the pub afterwards (am looking forward to Post Outlaw party already)

Delighted to be dropped by HH at mile 17......... as it was seriously damaging my street cred to be seen with someone wearing the tri-ponce visor & calf guards   
Much more in keeping was Seren's comment to BBC radio London that the skull & crossbones was about people who "sort of do triathlon"
23/04/2012 at 22:43
In case anyone's interested, the Radio London interview is here - click on London Marathon x days left to listen, it starts around 35.17 with my (non Pirate) Just Tom (as he's now been christened), followed by the rest of us (Jaffa was shy though).....
23/04/2012 at 23:06

Nice linky, you must be famous innit!

It's the linky to the 8 o clock marathon show, not the 10 o clock. If anyone wants to hear the posse...

24/04/2012 at 07:03

Oooohhhh!!! Seren  & hairy are famous! Big up the Pirates!!  Hairy, you are not very nice, are you?!

So, has Just Tom done an IM, is he going to come and visit us here? 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
24/04/2012 at 07:18
morning all
i am in a good mood so will not go on the link to hear my usual drivel...

so great to meet so many pirate asgain .before during and after......

highlight

running along quietly and a strange man suddenly comes up and asks if i am in a triathlon club....i say yes and then he tells me that Kanga said to say hello.........it made my day that a tall australian came and gave me that message......

Jaffa..i wasn't thinking straight at that interview as i had just seen you mincing your way across the field seconds before........

great work at mudchute again...........especially to Mr Z who has amazing hugs.......and I got 2 of my 3 requests.........no bacon butty but the sausage rolls, smoked cheese and chocolate made up for no bacon

I apologise to amyone in the pub I upset as I get even louder and less tactful when i drink and a few pints without food isn't good for this old girl.....

so thank you all for helping to make a great day despite my PW time...50 mins slower than my first ever marathon.....finishing time 5:25

24/04/2012 at 07:47
Sausage rolls.  Food of champions.
261 to 280 of 301 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.