Pirates??

18 messages
16/09/2013 at 18:00

reading Andy Holgate's 1st book, which is a good read, but what are the Pirates? Is it just a virtual club etc? Is there any training plans if you join etc? Website? cheers Dazza!

Trogs    pirate
16/09/2013 at 18:08

Not really a club, just a group of like minded nutters who don't take themselves too seriously and are ace at giving advice, support and extracting the michael. Website at www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk

16/09/2013 at 18:23

Cheers, just checking out website now thx! I do Olympic distance at mo, but have just entered The Slateman in Wales for next year..which I no is not a 70.3 or the full but is a challenge for a bald chocolate cake loving fen dweller!

cougie    pirate
16/09/2013 at 18:28
Welcome on board. You'd best search out the kit order thread and get some new togs. Slateman looks cool. They keep repeating it on one of the fitness channels on Sky.
16/09/2013 at 18:56

you know what I'm after a new tri suit, so why not a Pirate one? I need something other than black! Slateman is brutal but a challenge for me, hoping to do Vitruvian next year to, as it's on my door step! 

16/09/2013 at 19:21

how do I purchase a tri suit? can only see casual wear?

M...eldy    pirate
16/09/2013 at 19:25

Darren you need to keep an eye out for Kit Threads , you have just missed the most recent one so need to keep a look out for anyone who has ordered wrong size and is looking to offload

Welcome to the darkside

16/09/2013 at 19:26
16/09/2013 at 20:11

Thank you, just posted on the link you gave me. Desperate for a me  tri suit! 

M...eldy    pirate
16/09/2013 at 20:41

I very much doubt that the Tri suits will reach minimum order and I would certainly not reccommend one for long distance stuff

16/09/2013 at 21:46

Trisuits didnt maje the cut fir the order you may just make it in time for a tritop (monaco) 

The slateman is a great race

17/09/2013 at 05:41
Shame about tri suits, just been to 'order' thread and asked for tri top, hope to get somethings for Slateman if poss hopefully I will get some..
Magna Carter    pirate
17/09/2013 at 06:36
Darren Kelly 7 wrote (see)

you know what I'm after a new tri suit, so why not a Pirate one? I need something other than black! Slateman is brutal but a challenge for me, hoping to do Vitruvian next year to, as it's on my door step! 

There are several people in your area then... me included.... i'm on the Stamford side of P'boro, so a regular ride out to Rutland etc... keep an eye out for yellow and black!

17/09/2013 at 06:58
Ah cool, im in Deeping St James, keep an eye out for me, usually train in week. Slow and eat cake!
Magna Carter    pirate
17/09/2013 at 07:04

close.... very close!.... i'm in MD

17/09/2013 at 10:08
Ha ha really!? You must of seen me either splashing about in Deeping pool or plodding around the streets! If I could upload pic on here you may have noticed me! How did you go about ordering your top etc, thru thread on here??
Magna Carter    pirate
17/09/2013 at 10:30
Darren Kelly 7 wrote (see)
Ha ha really!? You must of seen me either splashing about in Deeping pool or plodding around the streets! If I could upload pic on here you may have noticed me! How did you go about ordering your top etc, thru thread on here??

yep.... just wait for the appropriate kit order.

Will keep an eye out.... i'm usually out on a silver Specialized, or running out through Frognall and the back way into DSJ.... dont often run or ride in Pirate gear though, as i've only got a tri top and its rarely warm enough... but do always carry a pirate bottle on the bike!

We'll have to organise a ride out and round the Vit course at some point... its about a 50 mile round trip if you only do one lap

17/09/2013 at 20:33

Hi, sounds good to me, i work shifts, so can do week days if that suits, I've been round the Vit route a few times, was out there Sunday, been for a run tonight to, usually run in a red or blue cap, DSJ/Frognall/MD/Northboro. Bike I ride in winter is a Black Scott...let me know if you fancy a run, depending on how quick you are! Im on twitter @Dazlar72

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
18 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.