Pre-Lanza Chiltern training ride

Who's up for it?

81 to 100 of 107 messages
Dustboy    pirate
16/02/2013 at 12:41

You're safe Raf, if I get the OK from medic, I am racing XC morning of the 2nd. But you just added another 20% lump to our next ride

Rafiki    pirate
16/02/2013 at 12:46

so it'll up Whitedown on the big ring then??

Dustboy    pirate
16/02/2013 at 16:34

Whitedown is soooo last year, I've got a new friend in mind.

O.rangeCannon (kona-7)    pirate
16/02/2013 at 17:45

hokori

I didn't realise you were local to me - I am just north of Stratford, so you can get to mine in about 20 mins....

I am riding every saturday - from 9ish for 4-6 hours dependant on the weather.  Give me a shout if you can ride.  We can always split after a couple of hours if we ride at massively different speeds.

I can do the occaisional sunday.  However theres also a good group ride from Woodford at 8 on a Sunday, (castle@8) - well worth hitting if possible.  Its at a reasonable pace so you are on your own if dropped -

I ride out ne - epping and beyond into the alps d'essex..

Dustboy    pirate
16/02/2013 at 19:28

I used to bunk out of school in Woodford on a Saturday night and drink at The Castle. Got spotted once by a teacher but I think he was pissed coz he stuck two fingers up at me from the back seat of the bus. It was never mentioned.

18/02/2013 at 10:53
O.rangeCannon - 7 hr marathons are cool..... wrote (see)

hokori

I didn't realise you were local to me - I am just north of Stratford, so you can get to mine in about 20 mins....

I am riding every saturday - from 9ish for 4-6 hours dependant on the weather.  Give me a shout if you can ride.  We can always split after a couple of hours if we ride at massively different speeds.

I can do the occaisional sunday.  However theres also a good group ride from Woodford at 8 on a Sunday, (castle@8) - well worth hitting if possible.  Its at a reasonable pace so you are on your own if dropped -

I ride out ne - epping and beyond into the alps d'essex..

I did not know either OC!. I used to ride to Epping and back too but stopped doing it due to cars scaring the shit outta me and the constant unclipping before getting to the woods. I am happy to try it with experienced company again though.

I am at your mercy. We can tag and then you gauge me and we can figure out how long we can go before we split.

I will email you to discuss as I am currently not in full control of my weekend schedule.

19/02/2013 at 21:22

As an update, looks like the Evans Rideit is on both days, SlowEngineer and Myself will be doing the sunday ride if anyone want to join us.

Think gladys has come up with some lame excuse to miss me given him a smack down again

M...eldy    pirate
19/02/2013 at 21:31

Is it a mincing bank holiday in Surrey ??

M...eldy    pirate
25/02/2013 at 22:54

Right, me and the Barlos are still up for the 2nd

5hrs planned and a steady pace (about 15mph)

Symes, are you still playing?   Aiming to leave mine at 11am

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
26/02/2013 at 22:00
Im a def, have work on Sunday but clear for 2nd.

Any more for any more?
M...eldy    pirate
26/02/2013 at 22:19

Likewise .. work early Sunday

I have a cunning little route planned 

27/02/2013 at 08:02
How cunning is it?
M...eldy    pirate
27/02/2013 at 11:45
It's so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a sportive
27/02/2013 at 12:16

Is it as cunning as a cunning thing, dressed from head to foot in cunning and preceeded by a vehicle and loud speaker warning of that exceptional cunning approaching?  or even more cunning than that?

Symes    pirate
27/02/2013 at 13:22

Can't imagine anything that cunning, but knowing Meldy it may be close. In other news I'm hopngi to join in the fun, waiting on what work have lined up between now and next Monday before I'll know for certain though unfortunately 

M...eldy    pirate
27/02/2013 at 17:03

It is even more cunning than a full page advert of cunning in the Cunning Times being delivered by a exceptionally cunning paperboy

Symes you do realise its this Saturday?

Symes    pirate
27/02/2013 at 19:46

Sadly, yes, last week was 53hrs of work with about 1hr total lunch time, needless to say it ain't fun!

M...eldy    pirate
27/02/2013 at 19:48

I see . your previous post confused me 

At least you know it will be a leisurely pace!!!

Symes    pirate
27/02/2013 at 21:37

Apologies, tbh I confuse myself quite often

Pace good, distance bad! Will there be short cuts? 

M...eldy    pirate
27/02/2013 at 21:40

Only if you like off roading 

81 to 100 of 107 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.