Protein powder

Does anybody use them?

41 to 41 of 41 messages
07/08/2007 at 15:00
I can never understand why people mix their carb powder with milk. You may as well just drink the milk because 500ml of semi-s will carry around 20g protein anyway - about the amount you need for muscle synthesis post hard sessions, am, before bed (if you like).

Id recommend supplementing with protein powder if you do a lot of training - either weekly duration or many intense sessions. You can probably 'just' about get the right amount on board from an apllied diet if you're careful, but powder is useful as a back-up and you can carry the stuff around with you should you need it.

I have 20g protein (whey powder) mixed with a pint of water most mornings, when I'm not eating egg whites (x3 - scrap the yokes, thats where the fat comes from) or beans on toast. Get powder thats flavoured as the plain stuff IS disgusting! Its fine in water.

Then concentrate on including some protein in your general diet, especially from white meat and fish.

I usually keep to 140-200g/day for my 12-18hr training weeks ie 2xbodyweight(kg)+. It depends what you are trying to achieve, but because I do weights and swimming (for ironman) I like to keep the upper body muscles well fed.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 41 of 41 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.