PSOF 10th Anniversary Champs

IM Austria

821 to 833 of 833 messages
Yesterday at 14:16

Given how amazingly well everyone's training appears to be going , is anyone going to put a target on their back by naming the estimated (hoped for) finish time?

Cougie, the only time I've met you, you were flying up Pen Y Pass like a mountain goat.  I presume you've had a few impressive IM finish times in the past, with another planned for Austria?

I was aiming for sub-11 last year but failed due to crappy guts on the run.  So it's do or die this year.

cougie    pirate
Yesterday at 14:41
Hi Robbie - My IM times are pants - possibly due to me not ever bothering to learn to swim, or possibly due to thinking I'm Bradley Wiggins on the bike and overstretching myself. Or both.

I'm still the wrong side of 12 hours - I would like to do better this time.

I've done a fair bit of Turbo this year (just as well cos the weekend ride conditions have been pants) and I did a 10K pb last weekend too. Dambuster duathlon this Saturday - so I'll see if the hours in a dark garage have been worth it.

Still not swam though...

I'm sure your sub 11 is likely in Austria - it looks fast.
Yesterday at 14:54

Ah the old "can't swim" chestnut.  That's usually compensated for with some ridiculous bike and / run times.

I've also been trying to show the turbo some love.  Have ignored your and others great suggestion of Sufferfest + Trainer Road in favour of crap TV on iPad and some Z2 action.

The annoyance of having to spend money on various electrical adapters, the rigmarole of setting it all up & the fact that it might reduce how much I could whinge about having to use the turbo were all contributing factors.

It remains to be seen whether agro pays off.

My main focus at the moment is taking off some spare lbs before the real training kicks in.

Yesterday at 14:54

cougs - you looking to use that GB kit again this year???  good luck at DB if so.

and yes, you should be the other side of 12 - if I can do it, then you surely can.  I think this should be your year.  

Yesterday at 15:04

Because it's more interesting that the work spreadheet I have open at the moment, I've cut & paste from one of my many IM orientated speadsheets (they comprise 50% of my training) a list of the events I'm entered to take part in as build-up to IMA.

If other Pirates are appearing at any of these events, let me know.

March

8 SUN CAMBRIDGE HALF MARATHON

21 SAT COPDOCK 100KM CYCLE (AUDAX)

22 SUN STOWMARKET HALF MARATHON

29 SUN COLCHESTER HALF MARATHON

April

12 SUN HERTS EASTER HUNT 98 MILER

19 SUN WIGGLE SPRING SADDLE 100 MILER

May

17 SUN BIG EAST TRIATHLON (70.3 ISH)

June

7 SUN WIGGLE DRAGON RIDE - GRAN FONDO (223KM)

20 SAT GREAT EAST SWIM - 2 MILER

cougie    pirate
Yesterday at 15:21
Oh yes - you could definitely say I've posted some ridiculous run times. But never in a good way.

I'm hoping to FB - hard to mix Duathlon training with Marathon training and IM training - but its all good fun.

Not doing any of those races Robbie - I'm down for :

Dambuster Duathlon
Oulton Park Duathlon
Liverpool Half
London Marathon
Abersoch 10k
Cheshire Cobbled Classic Sportif.

So far...
Yesterday at 16:07

I'm flying to sunny Yorkshire to the mega exciting keighley 10k on March 15th if anyone's going? 

My target in Austria? As it's my first - 16h40 - just finish and feel fine. It's going to be a long day for Mr & Mini Molly......

M...eldy    pirate
Yesterday at 16:11
1. Beat my last Austria time (8 years ago?)
2. Beat my Outlaw/current pb. 14.26
3. Get home before the DJ finds ymca
cougie    pirate
Yesterday at 16:13
I'm sire you'll beat 8 years Meldy. Thats a soft target surely ?
M...eldy    pirate
Yesterday at 16:16
Tee hee
Symes    pirate
Yesterday at 16:17

Easy start to this training lark - a 1 mile run this morning dumping car and jogette to work to be reversed this evening.

Training God! 

Major Disaster    pirate
Yesterday at 17:21

New work has Wattbikes in the gym. Off to see if I can beat one into submission...

M...eldy    pirate
Yesterday at 17:50

Look out, top brass is in

my gym has watt bikes .... apparently

symes, errrrr be careful?! !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
821 to 833 of 833 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.