PSOF Championships 2012

The Outlaw - 1st July

181 to 200 of 4,355 messages
Hope    pirate
15/06/2011 at 17:37
Sooopa! What about Bassy?? Can't we rope him in?
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
15/06/2011 at 17:41
Ive been thinking

As this will be the official pirate championship event we need to make it special.

We've all saved money on not travelling overseas so im going to suggest having a whip round to hire a marquee, we could use this for gatherings, eating, storage, post race party etc etc. 

Ive already asked OSB to reserve an area for us to camp at this year race but I think for 2012 we need to go one better.  Im thinking pirate village, large reserved area with pirate flags at the entrance etc etc.

Obvioulsly planning is in the early stages but its going to be fab
Edited: 15/06/2011 at 17:41
purpletrilady    pirate
15/06/2011 at 17:42
2012 I presume you mean??

Fab idea though
Lee the Pea    pirate
15/06/2011 at 17:45
Sounds good Barlos!
M.r Zuvai    pirate
15/06/2011 at 17:46
+1 for the Pirate Village Idea
Cona    pirate
15/06/2011 at 17:48
Great idea. As long as your not in charge of the fire!!!
M...eldy    pirate
15/06/2011 at 17:55

Barlos!   Fantastic idea   

I am not sure that the camp site would be on board with that?   Who would we have 'on the door'   ??? 

kittenkat    pirate
15/06/2011 at 18:00
PerriPerry wrote (see)
any suggestion for a mentor ..please

It's scary being new isn't it?!

As Lee and Meldy have said, there will be a mentors thread started after all the main events this year. Mentors aren't there to devise an intensive plan and sports coach you through it, not really although many do offer technical advice. It's more a sounding board and support from experienced people. When a mentor takes you on, they really will nurture and support, it's what the Pirates do best (after drinking).

Take a look around the tri threads, get a feel for the personalities. We are all different and in that offer an unique service in mentoring I think.

It's impossible to tell what those individual quirks are just by looking in but my vote, is when the thread IS started, that the mentors who are willing to mentor again, just actually offer a bit about themselves and how they go about it....

And you choose whether you want a carrot or a stick person.

(Disclaimer: A mentor is not a substitute for blood, sweat, tears and a huge commitment to do the training hours)

15/06/2011 at 18:05
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
Ive been thinking

As this will be the official pirate championship event we need to make it special.

We've all saved money on not travelling overseas so im going to suggest having a whip round to hire a marquee, we could use this for gatherings, eating, storage, post race party etc etc. 

Ive already asked OSB to reserve an area for us to camp at this year race but I think for 2012 we need to go one better.  Im thinking pirate village, large reserved area with pirate flags at the entrance etc etc.

We could even ask OSB for permission to camp on the course by the rowing lake, we could integrate a run feedstation through the centre of the pirate village, or at the least we would be on the course (side of the course).
kittenkat    pirate
15/06/2011 at 18:11
Ive been thinking

We could even ask OSB for permission to camp on the course by the rowing lake, we could integrate a run feedstation through the centre of the pirate village, or at the least we would be on the course (side of the course).
Could you get it moved to Milton Keynes?
15/06/2011 at 18:16

Moving a rowing lake would be a massive logistical operation. 

M...eldy    pirate
15/06/2011 at 18:21
Give your brain a rest Barlos    
15/06/2011 at 19:27
If his brain is working, it means his mouth is shut. 
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
15/06/2011 at 19:47
somebody mention a relay?
Hope    pirate
15/06/2011 at 19:54

Love the idea of the Pirate Village but keep in mind that many have opted for the stay at home race because we are a bit financially challenged, so please don't get too carried away!

Fantastic idea though. I'm sure the campsite will go for it if we are willing to cough up!

15/06/2011 at 19:57
Good point well made, Hope.  I was thinking exactly the same but as I may not be PSOF'ing I did not feel I could pipe up
Hope    pirate
15/06/2011 at 19:59
Big gob me Schmuks!! 
15/06/2011 at 20:20
Hope wrote (see)

Love the idea of the Pirate Village but keep in mind that many have opted for the stay at home race because we are a bit financially challenged, so please don't get too carried away!

Fantastic idea though. I'm sure the campsite will go for it if we are willing to cough up!

Totally agree Hope, I was thinking in the region of £20-£25 each or just asking people to contribute what theyre happy to.  I figure if there are 40 of us racing then we should easy get enough for a Marquee and other bits and bobs.

Im now wondering how much it would cost to hire a hot tub for a week
Hope    pirate
15/06/2011 at 20:28
Now ya talking!!!
Sounds great Barley and affordable. Thanks x
Cona    pirate
15/06/2011 at 20:28
I know someone who could provide a couple of stripper poles!!!
181 to 200 of 4,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.