PSOF Championships 2012

The Outlaw - 1st July

21 to 40 of 4,251 messages
M...eldy    pirate
13/06/2011 at 19:52
LB .. the overriding message over the years on these threads would suggest that it would be extremely difficult without the support of the significant other
13/06/2011 at 19:53
No such word as 'Can't'. It just means you haven't thought of a way of doing it yet!
LIVERBIRD    pirate
13/06/2011 at 20:02
*Frodo* wrote (see)
Is he saying you can't because he thinks you are physically incapable or is it because of the time commitment to training, LB?

Both I think Frodo. He's terrified of the time commitment and I think he worries I would kill myself trying. I'm not the best marathonner in the world and he knows I wouldn't stop until they cart me off in an ambulance and I think it scares him.

I must say I'm disappointed he thinks this way. I really AM scared of water. If it were a pool swim I'd be happy but I'm a survivor of a drowning incident and I panic a lot. I really wish I learned properly when I had the chance. Maybe that's the first thing I need to put right.

13/06/2011 at 20:08
If it helps, I'm not that far from you and Farnie too?

Seriously, I have a big job interview on Friday *wibble* and if that leads to something, then there's no way I'm going to be doing an IM next year. But if it doesn't, then I cannot bear the thought of not doing something completely new and challenging in the next 12 months

If I don't get the job, and commit to trying for IM, then my whole focus will be on sorting out this swim malarky. Cake and Sarah are coming over to Salford for OW swimming every week, Dave TS is there too - somehow we can master it with our friends' support?

Would Mr LB be comforted by that too?

And I fully accept that even if I decide to try - I might not make it. I might not master swimming. I might not fall in love with my new road bike. But at least I tried
LIVERBIRD    pirate
13/06/2011 at 20:11

If Mr LB comes back to live in the North it would make it much more likely. Right now I'm trying to be mum AND dad and I'm chasing my tail!

But its not a no.

13/06/2011 at 20:13
There's always the relay teams, too
13/06/2011 at 20:14

LB - I was just going to ask you if Mr LB would be back up North. If he isn't, then maybe you'd be better off considering a half next year and then part of the relay at Outlaw. Then Lanza in 2013 if all goes well    There's also a difference between not having the support and having someone against you doing something and if he's going to resent all the cost outlay/the times you'll be tired on weekends etc, it may not be the best year for you to go long.

Take a few smaller steps first, get the kids cooking and cleaning more and 2013 will be easier for all of you  

Edited: 13/06/2011 at 20:24
13/06/2011 at 20:17

LB -

I'm also a bit confused by 'can't' and was trying to work out if it means

'but Darling, you can't swim'

or

'no, Darling, you can't do it.  Not until the children are older, we've paid off more of the mortgage, I get a job closer to home' etc etc

The first one we can definitely work on, the second is more of an issue.

I learnt to swim as part of tri training and it is a real confidence boost. Finding a very shallow lake that you can learn in is quite useful, if you get panicked you just stand up. 

13/06/2011 at 20:18
Prince Siegfried wrote (see)
No such word as 'Can't'. It just means you haven't thought of a way of doing it yet!

I'm guessing you being on here means you've thought of how you are going to do Outlaw  

13/06/2011 at 20:27
Just curious LN!! Just curious!!
13/06/2011 at 20:35
I am waiting to see how I get on at The Vit and also think about how time taken out to train affects work/rest/play/Jr balance
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
13/06/2011 at 20:37

'cough'

The list:

Barley
Meldy

13/06/2011 at 20:38
Sorry, I can't beleive my post took almost an hour to write, but I got waylaid by two phone calls, hence cross-posts linked to LB's comment
M...eldy    pirate
13/06/2011 at 20:38
Good work Coach !
13/06/2011 at 20:39
Who gave you permission to start a list
M...eldy    pirate
13/06/2011 at 20:40
Since when was that needed !!!
13/06/2011 at 20:40

Can I hearby stake my 2013 vote for extravaLanza

Hope    pirate
13/06/2011 at 20:41
'cough'

The list:

Barley
Meldy
Hope
13/06/2011 at 20:41
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
Who gave you permission to start a list

M...eldy wrote (see)
Since when was that needed !!!

Yea, since when was that needed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M...eldy    pirate
13/06/2011 at 20:42
Ooh we have 3 already  
21 to 40 of 4,251 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.