PSOF Championships 2012

The Outlaw - 1st July

4,201 to 4,220 of 4,355 messages
03/07/2012 at 13:15

I so didn't recognise you in the hat, TST!!
I said nice hat the first time, thank you the second, but I may have just grimaced on the last...sorry

bburn plO.dder    pirate
03/07/2012 at 14:12

TST - I remember you and your hat on that roundabout, you were very encouraging with your arrggghhhh's. Massive thanks to you and all the other marshalls, it's a long day for you guys too.

I couldn't possibly high 5 anybody on my bike, I would fall off, but I did plenty of of aarrrggghhhh's and thumbs up's.

Golden Boots    pirate
03/07/2012 at 15:06

Two-Stroke Tart - I am not going to lie after a while I thought, what with a tiger hat on... that you were just giving me a sexy growl. I was the one who tried to give a sexy growl back. Probably wasnt that sexy!

Golden Boots    pirate
03/07/2012 at 15:11

Will post a full review tonight hopefully... what a weekend... full of excitement, banter, commiserations, smiles and more banter... can't really complain despite the result.

Well done guys

and a massive massive thank you to all the marshalls and the feed station crew... you guys were amazing!!!

03/07/2012 at 15:11

TST - you were brilliant and cheered me up when i passed your smilling face..thanks

cougie    pirate
03/07/2012 at 15:12

Pleased to see you then TST - I think it was easier cycling than staying on a roundabout all day. It really helped with the banter from the marshalls. Thanks for all your efforts ! And it was a very nice hat. Hope it kept you warm !

03/07/2012 at 15:21
Hey TST, I was the Pirate who said "Nice hat" every time I went past you!! It was great to see you out there! And great work and thanks or being there!
Edited: 03/07/2012 at 15:23
03/07/2012 at 15:31

Hey Little Sister

Was that your mum supporting out on the run course who kept on popping up left, right and centre and who I met for the last time at the top of the stairs at the centre after a marshal had very kindly carried my bike up?

If it was can you please say a huge thank you to her as she was phenomenal

M...eldy    pirate
03/07/2012 at 15:58

Pirates Rock    

Iron Muffin    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:02

and roll  

03/07/2012 at 16:04

Personally I'm waddling somewhat...

Iron Muffin    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:05

I have very self indulgently updated my forum name

meface    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:05

TST - top marshalling and loved the hat - it was a bear in my view.

Top pirating to the pirate supporters - you guys rock.

Short Race Report

Swim: Oh look a dead fish, oh the turn around, is this uphill?
Bike: Aaaaargghhhh - Awesome fun
Walk: Broke this up with some running from time to time
Pub: Awesome

M.eface

03/07/2012 at 16:16
IronPodds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

Hey Little Sister

Was that your mum supporting out on the run course who kept on popping up left, right and centre and who I met for the last time at the top of the stairs at the centre after a marshal had very kindly carried my bike up?

If it was can you please say a huge thank you to her as she was phenomenal

If she ws wearing a blue fleece and had a Frenchman with her then yes it was & will do! She claims to have forgotten her Pirate t-shirt this year, after seeing all the Mini Pirate supporters with "My Mum / Dad's a Pirate" on the back, Swiss Bobby & I got her one that says "My kids are Pirates" on it! 

Iron Muffin wrote (see)

I have very self indulgently updated my forum name

Me too!!  

Edited: 03/07/2012 at 16:17
Big Al The Outlaw    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:17
Ditto Iron Muffin
meface    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:22

sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/509622/gallery/pirate2.jpg?width=350

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/509622/gallery/pirate1.jpg?width=350

Now who did we give the mincing prize to? These two are definite contenders although the top one may actually be skipping. The bottom one just needs a handbag photo shopped in!.

03/07/2012 at 16:23

marshallini's race review;

Swim - I started in pen 1.  I'm not a sub 60 swimmer but I figured I'd get a smoother start and beat up less starting near the back there and it wasn't overcrowded. I didn't experience any real argy bargy until the turn point and I would've got that where ever I started. So that plan worked.

Target sub 1:10 - Actual 1:08:09

T1 - Had to go sockless on the bike because a sock went missing in T1, otherwise relatively smooth.

Target 4 mins - Actual 4:35

Bike - Essentially uneventful.  Northern Loop was nowhere near as bad as I remember from a recce ride I did at the end of last year. Sailed thru it to be honest.
I wasn't at all familiar with the Southern Loop so had no points of reference to how I was doing. Struggled a bit with the wind on lap 1, lap two wasn't any easier but I felt better.
With about 24 miles to go I tried work out how much time I had left to hit target and I thought I was going to be ok. Then the wind and the climbs back towards the finish had me doubting myself now, they were slowing me down too much and I was working really hard now to keep the pace up.  Once over them I tried to push on again and whilst everyone else was taking it gingerly thru the rough section by the Hall I was riding it like a BMX Bandit, my bike is rubbish so wasn't bothered.
The road back to HPP seemed to go on for ever, but I got there eventually and handed my bike off to someone.

Target sub 6 - Actual 5:51:27

T2 - No probs here did have to stop for a comfort break exiting transition tho.

Target 3 mins - Actual 3:26

Run - Although I'd taken time off both the first two disciplines which gave a massive buffer for my overall time target the run was what it was all about.
I left T2 feeling ok, stomach wasn't 100% but the legs were fine.  Took on just water for the first lap of the lake and down to the turn around by then my stomach was feeling ok so I started on the gels, I took a gel every other feed station with water and then Hi5 on the others.
I felt I was running well and based on the 5 mile markers my pace spot on. As the run went on my knees started to to ache a bit but nothing bad, my shoulders/traps were giving me more grief, then on the last lap my right quad started twingeing a bit, but I was too close to let anything stop me although the wind was trying it's best. The last mile or so to the finish was a real grueler and I did lose a fair bit of time here but I got there without walking.

Target sub 3:30 with no walking - Actual 3:29:19 with no walking*
(* two pee stops but they are permissible under my rules).

Overall - The final 3-4 weeks had been terrible for me, I felt like 5h1t and was really doubting myself. People kept telling me that's quite often how it is and when the race starts it'll be fine. 
And it was fine, more than fine it was AWESOME!.

Things could not have gone better really.

Target sub 11 - Actual 10:36:59

Edited: 03/07/2012 at 16:28
IronCat5    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:29

Thanks to all the Pirates for a fantastic weekend.It was great to meet you all.

The support on the course was great, and I couldn't have done it without you (in fact without the Pirates I'd have loads of money, my house wouldn't need so much attention and I'd remember what my family look like. But that's another story.... ).

The adrenalin high and the immodium are wearing off but the memories will be there for years. You never forget your first .

Race report one day....

03/07/2012 at 16:30
M.arshalliniO. wrote (see)

Awesome effort, M.arshalliniO. Loved tracking your training and seeing how it ought to be done. Congrats on "putting it out there" and getting the reward.
Loving the new name too!

bburn plO.dder    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:34
M.arshalliniO. wrote (see)

And it was fine, more than fine it was AWESOME!.

Things could not have gone better really.

M.arshalliniO, absolutely fantastic mate, massive well done

I need to think of a way of pimping my name to include Iron...., now that I've actually done it

4,201 to 4,220 of 4,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.