PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

221 to 240 of 2,394 messages
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
24/05/2012 at 15:59

I trust all those arguing for the events to be UK based will be signing up

24/05/2012 at 16:04

Anyway, we should get back to 2013.

Who's going to nail their colours to the mast?

I'll start a list, you can add events & your names if youre 'interested' (not committed) to any?

I'll start the ball rolling:

2013 B Movie Event (Extravalanza's obviously next years blockbuster )

Challenge Henley
?
?

Doozer.    pirate
24/05/2012 at 16:07
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Is that not move forward to 2013??? I know you have many talents, have you added timetravel

24/05/2012 at 17:30
Doozer. wrote (see)
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Is that not move forward to 2013??? I know you have many talents, have you added timetravel

I was in 2014

M...eldy    pirate
24/05/2012 at 18:46

My colours may be on two masts in 2013

Thats if I survive 2012  

(i have asked for the thread name to reflect <<cough>> our decision by the way)

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
24/05/2012 at 19:10

My colours may be on two masts but not the same two.... i'm seeking support in starting a newbie splinter group wannbe attack on the "go wash your mouth out" IM UK... and the really "hard" newbies (i.e. the remaining stoopid ones who didn't die after episode one) can then attend the very posh Henley gathering afterwards

24/05/2012 at 20:19

I thought we'd sorted this AGES ago..... Lanza for the "Pirate Worlds" and Henley for the National Champs? It will be awesome to participate in a Marquee event like Lanza as part of a big crew, and there has been a swell of enthusiasm from a lot of folks to do Lanza for a while. The fact that I can't make it there myself because it's not in school hoildays... my loss. Just means that somebody else can win .

Henley inspires me about as much as the three stooges who currently run the main UK political parties! But it's cheap and easy for the southern mob and... erm... other things that I haven't yet sussed.

The Pirate thing has become too popular to please all of the people all of the time. Worthy of a celebration in itself.

So I think I'll do Vichy next year, or possibly Sweden.

M...eldy    pirate
24/05/2012 at 20:23

STIL ... absolutely, and there wil always be a pirate presence at IMUK and IMW and all the other places that we would like to go & see

Henley is quite nice .. well, its not Bolton  

24/05/2012 at 20:33

.... i'm hoping Bolton is better than it looks/sounds but i plan to rise from the dead in time to join in the Henley festivties as a full fledged pirate

Blisters    pirate
24/05/2012 at 22:18

I've been to Bolton, in fact my family come from there. Gastank, I'd say that you shouldn't hold up your hopes. It's famous for the being the cradle of the Industrial Revolution in Victorian times, years of neglect, and the upsurgent home of the BNP. (Or is that Oldham?).

The only two things I remember about Henley are that they don't do Tri when it's peak season, because they're rowing. And the race reports from the tri had all the racers hanging onto the pontoon trying not to get swept down the Thames at the start.

But what do I know?

Personally, I'm eyeballing IM Wales. 2013.

Rafiki    pirate
25/05/2012 at 08:06

Gastank - all I can say about Bolton is the Landlord form local is from there, he raves about it, he's a huge Bolton football fan, he was the first person ever to get married at the Reebok (football stadium) - he wouldn't have a word said about the place, thinks its great, the dog's bolloxs.......but he lives down here, five miles from Henley....speaks for itself really

25/05/2012 at 08:35
It's a SIGN!!!! Your landlord from Bolton now living in Henley, I must do Bolton and then Henley
Blisters    pirate
25/05/2012 at 18:04

There's another sign! I found a holiday book in our house, open at Lanzarote.

TR
25/05/2012 at 22:43

Stick to Wales Blisters, that gives you two summers and one winter to get ready !

Iron Muffin    pirate
28/05/2012 at 15:09

Can I officially retire before I start?

I will be spectating at Vichy. Will help with a feed station as long as du vin and du pain is okay.

30/05/2012 at 18:04

Ooooh, it's officially Henley now

iron fraggle    pirate
30/05/2012 at 21:32
*lurk*
IronCat5    pirate
30/05/2012 at 21:57
fraggle wrote (see)
*lurk*

Doorstep Challenge!

iron fraggle    pirate
30/05/2012 at 22:09
OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
30/05/2012 at 22:18
i fancy Lanza and Henley -
Are we having a new pirate award for turning up to both championship races. If so, how about the longest joint time gets the aard
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.