PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

561 to 580 of 2,394 messages
09/10/2012 at 14:01
"like a piss up"??? You think we do this for the exercise and glory?! Of course there's a pissup!!!
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
09/10/2012 at 14:29

There will indeed be a pi$$ up and awards ceremony the following day.

All the sheilds and the Gladys'ing prize will be up for grabs

09/10/2012 at 21:37
You say that like there will be any competition!
Hope    pirate
10/10/2012 at 07:35

Gosh hotels already!
I've entered the Half because I'm a bit poor at the moment and a half is enough to keep me out of trouble for the year without the mammoth training hours.
I'm also gonna be a sherpa.  

irondreamer    pirate
10/10/2012 at 14:54

eeks... well i have successfully entered challenge henley.. will be my 1st long distance tri so any advice welcome!!! do i need to book hotels soon? and if so i guess for the weekend if there is celebration (or otherwise) to be had... 

Rafiki    pirate
10/10/2012 at 16:36

Welocome to the party Irondreamer

CH - entered

Blisters
ChallengeCheggers
Fraggle
Iron SwissBobby
Rafiki
M.eface
Ultimate Badger
Irondreamer

Blisters    pirate
10/10/2012 at 19:07

There will be trouble when the List Fairy spots what you've done.

Rafiki    pirate
10/10/2012 at 20:03

I live to upset the Fairy....... although I won't live for long when she finds out

10/10/2012 at 20:07

Good job irondreamer. My first too. I wouldn't hang around too long for hotels - at the Premier Inn they don't take any money until you've checked out so you've little to lose. I also paid an extra £10 or so to allow me to modify the booking at any time, in case things change.

Right, when can I start asking questions about Fink...?

10/10/2012 at 21:07

My first too chaps - I'm pleased that I'm by no means on my own here. We've got a motorhome so we'll (me - and the wife and offspring support team!) be staying at the Caravan Club site just down the road.

Blisters    pirate
10/10/2012 at 22:04

I'm booked into the Premier Inn Marlow too, with the £10 supplement. For Saturday and Sunday nights. My current thinking is that the family might not even bother coming. Alternatively they will just visit Sunday. One consideration is that I might end up in Henley/Marlow on my own and over the limit, trying to hitch to a station!

Bedders..    pirate
11/10/2012 at 06:29

Just thought I'd add a halfers-list....

CH - entered
Blisters
ChallengeCheggers
Fraggle
Iron SwissBobby
Rafiki
M.eface
Ultimate Badger
Irondreamer

CH Half- arsed

Bedders

Hope    pirate
11/10/2012 at 07:34

CH - entered
Blisters
ChallengeCheggers
Fraggle
Iron SwissBobby
Rafiki
M.eface
Ultimate Badger
Irondreamer

CH Half- arsed

Bedders
Hope

Rafiki    pirate
11/10/2012 at 08:37

Blistres/Cheggers/Bagder and anyone else - just to let you know, I'm fairly local to Henley and do a fair bit of cycling round parts of the course, so if you have any logistics questions feel free to ask.

Also happy to organise a recce of the course nearer the time if anyones fancies it?

11/10/2012 at 11:22

Rafiki (and others!), I'm not exactly far away (Amersham) but don't know that part of the world all that well. Might know more after Sunday since I'm doing the half-marathon there. If I think of anything though I'll be asking - thanks.

Definately up for a recce nearer the time.

11/10/2012 at 12:04

+1 on the recce. I will definitely be up for that. Once the new course details have been published I'd be interested to hear your opinion of it.

Anyone using one of the Fink plans for training?

irondreamer    pirate
11/10/2012 at 12:42

recce sounds good to me too!

not sure on training plans yet.... still pouring over the books!

Iron Muffin    pirate
11/10/2012 at 13:07

I will be there, probably half arsed.My head and heart are disconnected on which distance to enter!

Hope, I see you are down for the half. Have you stuck to the IM retirement plan?

11/10/2012 at 13:48

I'm sussing out the Fink but think I'll probably end up on it. Not sure how my skiing holiday and summer holidays will fit in yet and also since I cycle as my main transport I'm not sure if that'll stuff it up. Looking at lots and learning lots at the moment!

Rafiki    pirate
11/10/2012 at 14:11

Cheggers - the first loop of the half marathon is basically the run course - nice and flat (unlike the second part of the half mara - enjoy)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.