PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

41 to 60 of 2,400 messages
21/05/2012 at 16:07

I'm doing the Bala Olympic tri in September ... should I be scared?

21/05/2012 at 16:09

that was worse than last years HIM

21/05/2012 at 16:12
21/05/2012 at 16:14

Can't see that ink...

21/05/2012 at 16:19

Wish I could do links   Try that (hoover over the "I wish I could do links")

Edited: 21/05/2012 at 16:19
21/05/2012 at 16:39

Bloody hell.  People swam in that lake??

So my 'I'll do a lake swim for my first Oly distance because it'll be easier' is not necessarily true.  Blimey.

21/05/2012 at 17:23

Bloody hell were the first words that popped into my mind as well - you can't be serious they actually held the event in that weather?!?!?

21/05/2012 at 17:23

Nope Waiting to start the Oly last year the guy next to me said "I'm not getting in...." Couple of us said get in splash about and see how you feel before our wave starts.. he just said "No" and handed his chip to a marshal.. Donlt think I have ever swum up hill til that day !!!

21/05/2012 at 17:25

I'm retired

shas79 wrote (see)

Bloody hell were the first words that popped into my mind as well - you can't be serious they actually held the event in that weather?!?!?

and some of us did it in a pirate monaco and tri shorts cos that was all I had with me... My wife had to open a couple of gels for me on the run and I couldn't get out of my trainers at the finish, The kids had to undo them for me

fat buddha wrote (see)

I'm retired

5 weeks and 6 days til I join you FB

M...eldy    pirate
21/05/2012 at 17:26
fat buddha wrote (see)

I'm retired

so you say ...usually just before you are about to enter something  

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
21/05/2012 at 17:28

http://www.wrecsamtri.org.uk/images/Bala%20transition%20-%20small.jpg

Im sure it was acknowledged at the time that the above pic was taken in the winter, not during the race.  There is no way a swim would go ahead in the those conditions, besides which the transition area is to the right of the cream building.

Events were appauling at Bala half last year, I wasnt there but was at Enduroman the same weekend where nearly half the tents were blown away, mangles due to the gales and driving rain. 

Funny that ive done Bala 4x and its always been nice weather on race day.

21/05/2012 at 17:37
M...eldy wrote (see)

so you say ...usually just before you are about to enter something  

in the immortal words of Sir Steve Redgrave etc.....ferk off

and I would say that IF I was to return then that newly announced IM Los Cabos looks tres interesting - location, location, location.  http://www.ironmanloscabos.com/

Edited: 21/05/2012 at 17:42
kittenkat    pirate
21/05/2012 at 17:42
DimTimTris wrote (see)

I've only done the half a few times, but if the course is similar it's a great bike and run. I'll be honest, I've never enjoyed the swim. But I don't like swimming much.

M...eldy    pirate
21/05/2012 at 17:44

Los Cabos would be right outside my financial limits but it does look lovely !

21/05/2012 at 18:05
Little Sister wrote (see)

Weren't Challenge Vichy desperate for us to go there??

They were indeed. i fancy it for 2013 as my first overseas jolly. I'd love to do Lanza but i need to do something that works with school summer break so i can blatantly lie to the family that it's their holiday too . It's flat as a pancake, swim's in a warm lake, driveable from the UK and it's in mid August. No Lanza-style Hard Man points, but i quite fancy it.

21/05/2012 at 18:07
kittenkat wrote (see)
DimTimTris wrote (see)

I've only done the half a few times, but if the course is similar it's a great bike and run. I'll be honest, I've never enjoyed the swim. But I don't like swimming much.

Nope  The bike and the run are totally different to the half.. Bike an out and back along the main road alongside the lake (closed road) and the run again along the lake road  to the camp site and back

kittenkat    pirate
21/05/2012 at 18:11
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
DimTimTris wrote (see)

Nope  The bike and the run are totally different to the half.. Bike an out and back along the main road alongside the lake (closed road) and the run again along the lake road  to the camp site and back

Ah ok, so flat then? Interesting that they're so different. I love the hills at Bala.

VT'd    pirate
21/05/2012 at 18:13

I don't need to give a choice as I haven't a clue and I was going with the majority anyway.  Although Lanza was already scaring me shitless .

41 to 60 of 2,400 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.