PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

601 to 620 of 2,400 messages
13/10/2012 at 09:33

Good stuff Cheggers. Sounds like we can compare notes as we go!

The only other thing I'm currently thinking about is the ol' 'tri vs. road bike' debate. It seems there's a fair amount of climbing/descending on the course and I prefer doing both of those on the road bike. I'm also not currently convinced that I could stay aero for 112 miles. Also, my goal for the race is to finish within the cutoff, period, not to eek out 20 or 30 minutes extra from the bike leg...decisions decisions.

Blisters    pirate
13/10/2012 at 11:43

The evidence from my ride this morning is that if you have a comfy saddle you'll stay in it for longer. A happy rider is a focused rider. I'm not 100% happy yet. Especially one small part.

IronCat5    pirate
13/10/2012 at 13:54

Did some of the Henley route today. Forgot how lumpy it could be.

iron fraggle    pirate
13/10/2012 at 14:01

indeed  - and the road surface is pretty awful too!  Did you get wet Cat? it's been lashing down here this morning.

13/10/2012 at 14:55
Formal planned training - I don't think I'd call it that. I don't like the idea that I'm doing formal planned training!

You want to be careful about that Ironholgs book. I read it and I've a feeling that it is what planted the idea of doing and Ironman type event in my head.

My aim is just to finish too but it'll definitely be on a road bike and won't be aero. My back wouldn't take it!

Finally I was out on some of the present bike route earlier - I might even have waved at you Ironcat (I'll wave at anyone!). Road surface still crap but I was pleased about how low I could keep my HR whilst going up Pishill. That was my concession to the fact I'm running Henley Half marathon tomorrow - keep my HR down. No sign of rain when I was out (7.45 for 2 hours) - but it's been damp since. Currently at River & Rowing Museum with the children
Blisters    pirate
13/10/2012 at 17:37

uh oh

Unfinished sentence. He's been swept away.

Rafiki    pirate
13/10/2012 at 17:40

Or died of boredom at the Rowing museum........

13/10/2012 at 18:05
Nah, survived! Dodgy mobile phone connection - but can't remember what else I was going to say.
IronCat5    pirate
13/10/2012 at 19:26

I got back to Reading about 1215 so remained dry

Cheggars - if you waved at a solitary cyclinst in pirate kit, then that was me having been dropped again on a climb. If I was with some others, then it was a rare moment of me keeping up with the fast group.

Road up to Pishill is horrible, but the descent in to Watlington makes it worth it. Until the climb back up to Christmas Common (hill climb race was on today too). Fast blat down to Wallingford then undulating to Goring. Dropped on Goring Hill, then fast back to Caversham. ~700m climb in 70km

13/10/2012 at 19:41
You were way after me Ironcat. You're right about the Pishill road - hopefully the new route for next year won't include it.

If I'd seen someone in Pirate gear (I didn't) - and bearing in mind I'm putting all this waffle on here - it'd have made my ride!
Bedders..    pirate
16/10/2012 at 16:01

Just been reminded that we have another week to benefit from the Pirate cheapo sign up deal which they gave us until the 24th October I think.

I am a bit sorry about Pishill being taken out as the ride down it on a closed road thsi year was awesome

Rafiki    pirate
16/10/2012 at 16:18

Has the new bike course been announced then Bedders?

iron fraggle    pirate
16/10/2012 at 16:29
Not yet Raf, in an email to me 2 weeks ao they said it was going to be announced soon, and that it would be a faster course then before ...
Bedders..    pirate
16/10/2012 at 18:47

Rafi - as above from Frags, not yet but they major on the fact that it is and will continue to be closed roads (and probably flatter) 

Edited: 16/10/2012 at 18:47
16/10/2012 at 19:55

Looking forward to the details of the revised course - a little off the current 1800m climbing would be nice...

Blisters    pirate
19/10/2012 at 23:48

Yeah, can't it be made pancake flat?

cougie    pirate
22/10/2012 at 14:59
Bedders.. wrote (see)

Hi All,

I have just spoken to the lovely people at Challange Henley and they are willing to offer all of us, whether we did it last year or not, the early bird discount for the Full distance. So normally it would cost £340, going up to £375 nearer the day, but we can have it for £294. To get this deal we need to enter as team "PSOF" and use the discount code "PREENT13".

Just to add, this discount is only available until October 24th and is only available for the full not the half. I am told that the cycle will be all closed roads again and that there will be a new course (faster) whcih will be announced in a week or two's time.

Finally if we want a Pirate Central feed station for supportes we can have that as well. 

Hope this helps and see you there!         

Two days left to use the code !

22/10/2012 at 15:31

CH - entered
Blisters
ChallengeCheggers
Fraggle
Iron SwissBobby
Rafiki
M.eface
Ultimate Badger
Irondreamer
Gladys

CH Half- arsed
Bedders
Hope

Hmmmmm.....

22/10/2012 at 15:32

And sod the alphabetical order!

iron fraggle    pirate
22/10/2012 at 15:36

she's gonna kill you......

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.