PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

621 to 640 of 2,394 messages
iron fraggle    pirate
22/10/2012 at 19:54

B8gger me, I'm local and I can't work out where the new alleged route is

Rafiki    pirate
22/10/2012 at 20:13

What's interesting about that article - apart from how stuck up most of the residents appear to be - is that the organisers do not appear to have secured the permission from the Local Authority to stage any bike course!!

Scuba Trooper    pirate
22/10/2012 at 21:06

Lurking - but slightly concerned that they wont be able to get bike course agreed and have to cancel.

meface    pirate
22/10/2012 at 21:35

I find it funny that the National Trust are complaining that it may affect local businesses - I presume they aren't worried about the effect on them. They are neither local nor a business (see charity status).

However Challenge may have permission to put the event on but not a defined route that is still being disucssed. Note that we didn't have planning permission for the Olympic Park when we won the Olypics. Yes a higher profile event but the park has slightly more impact than a road closure for part of one day.

Rafiki    pirate
22/10/2012 at 21:51

But no doubt the NT will charge for entry to their place??

A valid point about the Olympics, but I'm fairly sure they were almost responsible for their own planning permission as the GLA were an ODA partner - I worked on bits on the permission and it really was a joke!

But I'd also be surprised if CH would sell places if they didn't have a least an outline permission in place. Plus we are making the mistake on believing what it says in the paper!!

IronCat5    pirate
22/10/2012 at 22:08
Soup Dragon wrote (see)

I've just read about it potentially going past Greys Court here but all hype reading between the lines.

That's the badger!

meface    pirate
22/10/2012 at 22:37
Rafiki wrote (see)

But no doubt the NT will charge for entry to their place??

Yep but they aren't local - clue is in their name.

I presume they have permission and support for the event given the extended spend in the area. The route will always upset some and is clearly still in discussion but sure they will find a route. It sounds like Challenge have already accomdated a route change requested of them.

23/10/2012 at 08:49
Just to warn those doing the lists.......i am watching. I am biding my time
Scuba Trooper    pirate
23/10/2012 at 19:44

I have gone and done it now. It is finally time for me to de-lurk, I have submitted my enter to Challenge Henely and am now looking to nail my colours to the mast of the Pirate Ship Of Fools.

I am from a running background and but this will be my first Ironman, (first triathlon will have to be covered during training). Looks like a good group already entered with a few first times and a few more experienced. There was mention earlier on the thread of bike route recces and maybe pre-race meet up which would be up for, I'm only about an hour and a half away.

Just want to check I did the entry correctly with the code and club as PSOF they charged me £299 plus £11ish admin fee as a not affiliate is that right?

I'm off to blow some more money, firstly on the pirate kit thread and then on a road bike.

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:06

Scuba ... head over to the Kit Order thread smartish as I doubt we will get enough numbers for a full order of all you require before the date ... possible but dont leave it to chance  

Welcome aboard the fun bus  !!

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
23/10/2012 at 21:41
Oh and dont forgrt to add your name...

Meldy - you not entered yet?
23/10/2012 at 22:00

CH - entered
Barley
Blisters
ChallengeCheggers
Fraggle
Gladys
Iron SwissBobby
Iron Dreamer
M.eface
Rafiki
Scuba Trooper
Ultimate Badger

CH Half- arsed
Bedders
Hope

23/10/2012 at 22:09
Scuba, Welcome - I'm very new here too but you've paid exactly the same as me.

I've just blown another ??100 and entered the Marlow half ironman event on 14 July as well - it'll be my first triathalon and a training event! I'll have the kit to wear by then too.
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
23/10/2012 at 22:27
Scuba Trooper wrote (see)

I have gone and done it now. It is finally time for me to de-lurk, I have submitted my enter to Challenge Henely and am now looking to nail my colours to the mast of the Pirate Ship Of Fools.

I am from a running background and but this will be my first Ironman, (first triathlon will have to be covered during training). Looks like a good group already entered with a few first times and a few more experienced. There was mention earlier on the thread of bike route recces and maybe pre-race meet up which would be up for, I'm only about an hour and a half away.

Just want to check I did the entry correctly with the code and club as PSOF they charged me £299 plus £11ish admin fee as a not affiliate is that right?

I'm off to blow some more money, firstly on the pirate kit thread and then on a road bike.

Hiya, welome aboard.

I think you did it right but you could have got it for £294 if you put Affiliated!  This relates to addiliation to a club which im guessing they assume PSOF to be a club even though we're not registered with BTF.  When  I first completed my application it came out as £299 not affiliated so I went back and changed it and got the slightly lower price.  I guess its to late to change it now but its only a few quid.

I was confused by the affiliation question as this normally related to affiliation to the BTF (which im not, nor is PSOF) but given there was a seperate question in the application asking if you are registered with a governing body (to which I put no), I figured it was fair to state affliliation to PSOF

Long winded answer, hope it helps

I think a few of us will be keen to meet up for some training, keep your eye out for threads suggesting training meet ups, sportive events, Open Water swims and the like.

23/10/2012 at 23:11

CH - entered
Barley
Blisters
ChallengeCheggers
Fraggle
Gladys
Iron SwissBobby
Iron Dreamer
M.eface
Rafiki
Scuba Trooper
Soupy
Ultimate Badger

CH Half- arsed
Bedders
Hope

cougie    pirate
24/10/2012 at 00:46
Entered.

(but too scared to do lists for fear of list fairy wreaking revenge)
24/10/2012 at 08:10

CH - entered
Barley
Blisters
ChallengeCheggers
Fraggle
Gladys
Iron SwissBobby
Iron Dreamer
M.eface
Rafiki
Scuba Trooper
Soupy
Ultimate Badger
Ultra Cougie

CH Half- arsed
Bedders
Hope

Scuba Trooper    pirate
24/10/2012 at 08:31

Hi all, thanks for the welcome and comment about entry fee, I'm not going to stress about the £5.

Cheggers - Are you following a Fink program? I need to look at a calendar and work out when warm up races should be then try and find ones that fit. Marlow isn't to far for me so if it fits the training plan I might be up for that.

24/10/2012 at 10:24

Hi Scuba

I'm going to be doing a Fink but I'm going to play around with it to make it fit in with my (3 day) working week, my 2 days of looking after children each week, holidays and other events (there's a sportive I'm doing in June and a marathon in April). I am slowly doing a spreadsheet of how everything fits together.

Marlow just looks like a nice event and since it's near (and cheap!) I'll make it fit. 

This all sounds like I know what I'm doing - please don't think that is the case, I really don't! I'm reading lots, learning lots and making it up as I go along. It could all go very wrong!

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
24/10/2012 at 10:39

Knew we would get a good turn out on the list, I wouldnt be surprised if another half dozen or so decide to enter as the months pass.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.