PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

661 to 680 of 2,394 messages
Rafiki    pirate
07/11/2012 at 13:42

Is Lord Camoys behind Enduroman then??  

But it is quiet worrying that  a Lord of Realm, who has a say in the running of the Country, has to ask "what gives people like that the right to do these things...."

Edited: 07/11/2012 at 13:43
07/11/2012 at 13:44

Im up for a challenge UB, and I'm not mad  - just between treatments.

afterall, its only pain. and thats temporary.  worst case - i loose a pile of cash on races I cant/wont/dont want to compete in having abused my body/mind once. Best case, I can brag about doing 2 1/2 ironman in a year, a year from being a 298lb mound of lard with a rest station half way up the stairs to the bedroom.

what (if it) doesnt kill you, makes you stronger (you werent pushing hard enough).

and its a better use of my cash than more fcuking plants inthe garden or embarking on a cima qualification. seriously. why grow anything you cant eat or set fire to ? whats the point of that.

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
07/11/2012 at 14:43

The Henley Standard are running an online poll whether next year's Challenge Henley event should be cancelled. Obviously it shouldn’t.

It would be great if you can go on the poll, vote no and get as many people as possible that you know to also vote no. For those that do help, much obliged. The link:

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/

- The poll is on the front page.

Bedders..    pirate
07/11/2012 at 14:46

Just voted and loving reading the comments at the end of the article.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?tabp=y&id=1192222

Would be a real shame if it was cancelled/postponed. 

Edited: 07/11/2012 at 14:47
Rafiki    pirate
07/11/2012 at 14:48

I see 90% of voters have said  "No it should not be postponed!" Which is encouraging!

Edited: 07/11/2012 at 14:51
Scuba Trooper    pirate
07/11/2012 at 19:42

Ultimate Badger - Marlow Half is an option I have been looking at for the same reasons but there is Cowman on the same day up near Milton Keynes. Windsor Olympic distance is 16th June again in the Thames and spot on for the fink plan. Hopefully there should be a fair group of Pirates and first times at these events to get us in the mood.

I really hope it isn't cancelled, what other options are there for a IM in 2013 in the UK which haven't sold out yet?

Sgt Lard - Whats wrong with a CIMA qualification?

Scuba Trooper    pirate
07/11/2012 at 19:48

Just realised Windsor is sold out, anyone else got any recommendations for Olympics on 16th Jun, I live on the Herts Essex border.

IronCat5    pirate
07/11/2012 at 19:51
Scuba Trooper wrote (see)

Accountants = Bean counter scum.

Scuba Trooper    pirate
08/11/2012 at 10:13
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
Scuba Trooper wrote (see)

Accountants = Bean counter scum.

Glad I've given it up then.

Scuba Trooper    pirate
08/11/2012 at 10:17

So what is the score with the Pirate Party and Prize Giving? Is on the Monday after the race, is it a lunch time or evening sort of bash? I take it there is both food and drink involved.

IronCat5    pirate
08/11/2012 at 16:58

Hmmm....last time it started shortly after 11am, and finished in the dark, with a hardy few, an audacious barmaid and a brave taxi driver.

08/11/2012 at 17:26
Oh yeah, the taxi driver! Primed, i believe, by Gastank to commit the deadliest of sins against me
Edited: 08/11/2012 at 17:30
Rafiki    pirate
08/11/2012 at 18:00

I'm surprise any of you remember! Lucky I was sober enough to make sure we got back to the campsite unscathed (apart from OC!) 

Mind you with the bad vibe in Henley about the whole race, we might have problems finding a suitable location! Cat - perhaps we should undertake some advance recces??

iron fraggle    pirate
08/11/2012 at 20:48

^^  if there's any advanced reccee-ing going on, count me in

IronCat5    pirate
08/11/2012 at 21:23
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
Oh yeah, the taxi driver! Primed, i believe, by Gastank to commit the deadliest of sins against me

Only after the barmaid wanted to know if you had a room for the night

Rafiki wrote (see)

I'm surprise any of you remember! Lucky I was sober enough to make sure we got back to the campsite unscathed (apart from OC!) 

Mind you with the bad vibe in Henley about the whole race, we might have problems finding a suitable location! Cat - perhaps we should undertake some advance recces??

Don't remember what happened to OC? These supporters eh? Not much cop...

Count me in for advanced beerage!

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
08/11/2012 at 21:27
I regret nothing except drinking well into the night before racing... Taxi for

Shall we play hangman _ _ _ or _ _ _ _ _
08/11/2012 at 21:32
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Only after the barmaid wanted to know if you had a room for the night

I don't remember that! Did she want some Schmunkee love too?

The Silent Assassin    pirate
09/11/2012 at 11:15

Hmmm....last time it started shortly after 11am, and finished in the dark, with a hardy few, an audacious barmaid and a brave taxi driver.

I think the audacious barmaid may still need paying

IronCat5    pirate
09/11/2012 at 12:55
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

I think the audacious barmaid may still need paying

OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
10/11/2012 at 22:12

Don't remember what happened to OC? These supporters eh? Not much cop...

Rafi got confused.... I had issues on the Saturday night staying upright on the walk home to the campsite...... too many beers and a slimy kerb = OC on his back!

I bailed early on the Sunday - Pirate post race parties when you dont race are hard...... everyone is so 'yehah!!!!', and if you dont race (but wanted to but couldn't then you are ..... 'hmmmph.... if only'....

Scuba
pirate post race parties are the +1 to racing as a pirate.
You sit around, eating / drinking beer, voting on silly conmpetitions, and celebrating the fact you did it!  Great fun a d a greatb way to finnish the race off

Note it helps to be known... so post lots on RW so poeple know who you are and introduce your self to any pirate you meet!
buy pirate kit to race in
buy pirate t-shirt (hollywoods site) with your name on it, then wear it all weekend so people know who you are

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.