PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

681 to 700 of 2,400 messages
IronCat5    pirate
08/11/2012 at 21:23
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
Oh yeah, the taxi driver! Primed, i believe, by Gastank to commit the deadliest of sins against me

Only after the barmaid wanted to know if you had a room for the night

Rafiki wrote (see)

I'm surprise any of you remember! Lucky I was sober enough to make sure we got back to the campsite unscathed (apart from OC!) 

Mind you with the bad vibe in Henley about the whole race, we might have problems finding a suitable location! Cat - perhaps we should undertake some advance recces??

Don't remember what happened to OC? These supporters eh? Not much cop...

Count me in for advanced beerage!

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
08/11/2012 at 21:27
I regret nothing except drinking well into the night before racing... Taxi for

Shall we play hangman _ _ _ or _ _ _ _ _
08/11/2012 at 21:32
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
Oh yeah, the taxi driver! Primed, i believe, by Gastank to commit the deadliest of sins against me

Only after the barmaid wanted to know if you had a room for the night

I don't remember that! Did she want some Schmunkee love too?

The Silent Assassin    pirate
09/11/2012 at 11:15

Hmmm....last time it started shortly after 11am, and finished in the dark, with a hardy few, an audacious barmaid and a brave taxi driver.

I think the audacious barmaid may still need paying

IronCat5    pirate
09/11/2012 at 12:55
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

Hmmm....last time it started shortly after 11am, and finished in the dark, with a hardy few, an audacious barmaid and a brave taxi driver.

I think the audacious barmaid may still need paying

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
10/11/2012 at 22:12

Don't remember what happened to OC? These supporters eh? Not much cop...

Rafi got confused.... I had issues on the Saturday night staying upright on the walk home to the campsite...... too many beers and a slimy kerb = OC on his back!

I bailed early on the Sunday - Pirate post race parties when you dont race are hard...... everyone is so 'yehah!!!!', and if you dont race (but wanted to but couldn't then you are ..... 'hmmmph.... if only'....

Scuba
pirate post race parties are the +1 to racing as a pirate.
You sit around, eating / drinking beer, voting on silly conmpetitions, and celebrating the fact you did it!  Great fun a d a greatb way to finnish the race off

Note it helps to be known... so post lots on RW so poeple know who you are and introduce your self to any pirate you meet!
buy pirate kit to race in
buy pirate t-shirt (hollywoods site) with your name on it, then wear it all weekend so people know who you are

meface    pirate
10/11/2012 at 23:12

Who are you?

Rafiki    pirate
19/11/2012 at 10:41

Perhaps a rather abrupt, but honest reply form JustRacing to comments in Henley Gazette posted here

19/11/2012 at 13:03

Bike route...again

Hope they get this sorted soon. I want to get some recce's in in the New Year!

cougie    pirate
19/11/2012 at 13:09

Excellent and well reasoned response from the organiser there. Some of the councillors comments seem to be libellous ? Well spotted Rafiki.

Rafiki    pirate
19/11/2012 at 13:43

Its seem JustRacing are still getting a lot of grief according to the lastest article in the local rag - see link UltimateBadger posted!!

If they manage to get permission for 2013, I can see it being the last!!

19/11/2012 at 14:33

IF (hopefully a big IF) it were to be cancelled, have you thought about which IM you might do?

My brother and his wife are coming to lunch on Christmas Day. We have been asked to invite (and gladly agreed) his parents in law, as otherwise they would be alone at Christmas. They live in Henley, should make for an interesting conversation if they turn out to be the NIMBYS on this I suspect they are!!

Rafiki    pirate
19/11/2012 at 14:38

Well, if it is cancelled, maybe we should orgainse a Pirate IM, much the same as SA's DIY Half? Maybe, i don't know, say around Henley on perhaps 8th Spetember - nice and local for me. I've even got a route in mind

seren nos    pirate
19/11/2012 at 14:46

come to wales.its the same day

19/11/2012 at 15:00
Rafiki wrote (see)

Well, if it is cancelled, maybe we should orgainse a Pirate IM, much the same as SA's DIY Half? Maybe, i don't know, say around Henley on perhaps 8th Spetember - nice and local for me. I've even got a route in mind

Maybe we could get some very large lorries to dirve around the route at about 15mph, who promise not to overtake any cyclists? Should keep it nice and safe, and as good as closed roads!

They can pretend they are on a purely coincidental fuel protest or something?!

19/11/2012 at 16:34
Gladys M. wrote (see)

IF (hopefully a big IF) it were to be cancelled, have you thought about which IM you might do?

Not really. I'm really hoping it won't be cancelled - not sure what I'd do if it was!

cougie    pirate
19/11/2012 at 16:58

I can't see them cancelling it at this late stage. The councillors clearly have no idea of the scale of this thing.  

I'm sure the local hotels and restaurants want the business. Thats got to be worth more than some teddy bear shop.He's probably lucky if he sells one in a weekend. 

M...eldy    pirate
19/11/2012 at 17:53

Henley needs to get its head out of its arse quite frankly 

Iron Muffin    pirate
19/11/2012 at 20:31
M...eldy wrote (see)

Henley needs to get its head out of its arse quite frankly 

Well said Meldy.

19/11/2012 at 22:15
Is it me or do they seem unaware of the other races that challenge organise world wide? It reads as if they think their's is the only race challenge do?
Edited: 19/11/2012 at 22:18
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.