PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

921 to 940 of 2,400 messages
02/03/2013 at 17:37

Great running Blisters. Well done.

jamie - yep thats what I'm thinking. I used to do 5 short days until recently but think I will ask to revert back. Thing is, I have to go past my work to get to most of my biking routes anyway and the pool is closer to work than home. Flexible work request going in on Monday. 

WhizKid    pirate
02/03/2013 at 17:53
Awesome time blisters you can munch all those choccy cookies guilt free....

Do it soup will allow for some great training bring the bike too work no excuse for riding then....!
thedrainman    pirate
02/03/2013 at 18:00
Anyone live near to Reading and want a place in the Reading Half Marathon in two weeks
O.rangeCannon (kona-7)    pirate
02/03/2013 at 18:21

UltimateBadger - which camp in Lanza are you off to??
I'm flying out to PdC on Saturday for the EverydayTraining camp.

iron fraggle    pirate
02/03/2013 at 19:23

turbo done (with many many interruptions - I feel like it's taken me all bl**dy day!) - motivated myself by watching this

enjoy

02/03/2013 at 19:48

OMG - that makes it so real Fraggle. I want to do it! 

Well done on persevering on the turbo. 

WhizKid    pirate
02/03/2013 at 19:55
Gutted I'm not in the vid that hill they are filming at is the easy one by the way

Great job on the turbo fraggle now go shower
Rafiki    pirate
02/03/2013 at 20:13

Nice one Fraggle - is that you at the top of Pishill? And I guess that's Bedders coming out of T1 (just before TC in the infamous denim shorts??)

(and that hill they're filming at the top of isn't in it anymore - the new one is worse )

iron fraggle    pirate
02/03/2013 at 20:16

yes nice shot of Bedders' arse in T1, and yes me looking so happy going up the p!ssing hill    just after Stephen Bayliss finishes you can see the back of me running down the red carpet with No2 son

iron fraggle    pirate
02/03/2013 at 20:16

ps - JT have had a nice hot bath and the mr is whipping up a stir-fry

WhizKid    pirate
02/03/2013 at 20:17
Yeah I heard about some big hoo har about it in the paper, the new on is short and steep? Not entirely sure.... Hoping its a good change.
Rafiki    pirate
02/03/2013 at 20:22

the new course is three identical laps - out Fairmile and up the dual carriageway to the roundabot which is long slow drag. Then up Howe Hill, which is a 1 in 10, but its only half a mile long, so it's over pretty quick - it then leads into an 8 mile downflat to the bottom of Fairmile again - so you have time to recover!

02/03/2013 at 20:24

jamie, me and fraggle rode the new hill last Saturday. Its steep and not exactly what I would call short.  I suspect there will be a good number pushing on the last lap. 

WhizKid    pirate
02/03/2013 at 20:27
Cheers for the info I might venture out for a ride there next week, steep and long... Don't you love those.... Nothing quite like wrecked legs for a marathon.
02/03/2013 at 20:45

Is it really a solid 10% for the entire half mile or is that an average? Gulp.

1 hour run/walk done - 10k covered. I'll be chuffed to **** if I could hold that for the whole IM marathon! It was actually a nice day down here. Is anyone else going to use a run/walk strategy or do you all think you'll attempt to run the whole way?

Have watched that video hundreds of times already. It makes me scared and excited all at the same time.

@Orange - not doing a camp, just going to CLS with some club mates (about 15 of us I think) Looking forward to some warm sunshine!

M...eldy    pirate
02/03/2013 at 20:45

Good vid!!  Love the guy being shot by sparkles at the end 

Scuba Trooper    pirate
02/03/2013 at 21:06

Badger - I don't see any way I'm going to run the whole Marathon at the end planning to walk all the feed stations and run between, they are fairly evenly spaced and frequent enough. Not sure whether to do some walk run training sessions or just run everything in training. Any one want to comment?

Fraggle - I'd go for the 5 short days, more options and its about frequency not just long sessions. I've managed 1.5hrs on a turbo with a DVD but don't think I could go much longer.

Jamie - Good luck with the half tomorrow? Got a target time in mind?

Blisters - Great 5km time and some bling and on tired legs, well done.

I'm doing Roding valley Half tomorrow it will be my first race in pirate colours, hoping for a time about 1:40.

02/03/2013 at 21:07

About the hill, Raf thought it was short so as ever, the difficulty of a hill is totally subjective. I was wobbling up most of it at 2.8 to 3.8 mph according to my garmin, for about half a mile. If you go quicker its obviously a much sorter hill. 

Dustboy    pirate
02/03/2013 at 21:11

Is this a proper hill or an upflat Soupy?

Rafiki    pirate
02/03/2013 at 21:12

Its much like Whitedown, if not a little steeper

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.