PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

81 to 100 of 2,400 messages
21/05/2012 at 21:44

Oh and the double...i want to do that too.

Blisters    pirate
21/05/2012 at 22:01

So we have:

IM Wales
Lanza
Henley
Vichy
Embrun

any more for the mix?
I've added Tenby because that was mentioned earlier, and entries remain available for a fair while. I was thinking Welsh myself, but in true Pirate fashion I've got to learn how to swim first.
I like the look of those big Atlantic rollers.

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
21/05/2012 at 22:12

Those Atlantic rollers were brilliant, im sure they were getting towards 10 foot high in parts.  Got to say while a little unerving at first its bar far the best and most fun IM swim ive done.  Beats the hell out of a flat calm lake any day

Rosey, Canda is deff top of my lis re events I want to do, its got such a good reputation, just a question of timing for next year along with other things.  Understand its a bit close for Kona, far better to qualify with 10 months notice (e.g. Arizona) when you can really use that to focus your training.

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
21/05/2012 at 22:31

IMUK?

It will be my first and with the date of lanza and nuptial costs, overseas is a non flyer for me in 2013 for sure, so I'd like an IM to be my first... but it's just a suggestion.

M...eldy    pirate
21/05/2012 at 23:03

Gastank go wash yer mouth out  

M...eldy    pirate
21/05/2012 at 23:04

So how do we make a decision about 2013 then folks ... vote for the favourite with an end date for voting or shall I just decide for you 

IronCat5    pirate
21/05/2012 at 23:06

Or.....the normal way. We vote, and Meldy chooses any way (like xmas....)

M...eldy    pirate
21/05/2012 at 23:24

Yayyy !!  

Which reminds me .... where are we going this year for Christmas?  !!

21/05/2012 at 23:32
Cat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Or.....the normal way. We vote, and Meldy chooses any way (like xmas....)

Ooooh cat5 you're gonna be in trouble

Seeing as I'm a wee little newbie when it comes to IM races I haven't heard of half the races you've been discussing (); however, for me if I do an IM next year the criteria for me will be location (UK, as I know chances are it won't be hideously hot), timing (seeing as I'm going to have to start training almost from scratch again & with my dodgy knee I think 12 months minimum is what I will need so I'd be looking at an event from July-ish onwards) and cost (which also means a UK event) so if the chosen alternate outing fits in with all that then count me in

Although much as I might get spat on for saying this, I'm kinda with gas that there is something about doing an Ironman branded event for ones first one so I might be with you in doing IMUK as it would fit all my criteria!

Dustboy    pirate
21/05/2012 at 23:54

1. I ain't goin' on no plane again!
2. Barlos is right, foreign thing was my lifes greatest short break ever in Nice 2008, it's just life in four days. If you don't mind flying, Pirates abroad is a 10/10 experience. In fact, it goes up to 11!
3. I understand IMUK resistance. I doubt if you could recreate things in UK, might be fun to try?

Meldy smiles in hot countries though.... 

Hope    pirate
22/05/2012 at 06:35

No way am I doing a full one next year, but if I can I will come and shake my pom poms
I'm planning on Bala being my A race.  

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2012 at 07:36

Shas............with that criteria like that it has to be Ironman wales.fits it all............I will be back at IW next year as my A race.........i have unfinished business there

Rafiki    pirate
22/05/2012 at 09:03

So is Lanza still on as a Pirate outing next year, or is there a re-think on??

22/05/2012 at 09:14

IMWales for me!  I hear it might have a hill or two....?

22/05/2012 at 09:15

And I'm thinking the LCW in June '13 too.

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2012 at 09:16

Wales will be where the cool kids are .DimTim............are you from south wales

22/05/2012 at 09:17

hmmm Vichy...............

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2012 at 09:20

yes I am planning on the long weekend and so will miss bala probably as they clash......

22/05/2012 at 09:25
Vichy looks pretty cool, lovely part of the world....have to convince gf another I'M is a good idea hmmmm...

Please say Vichy is flat????
22/05/2012 at 09:31

Vichy is flat compared to say Henley, Wales or IMUK - but not as flat as say IM Florida, IM Sweden or Challenge Barcelona which are about the flattest courses out there

Rosey - Los Cabos grabbed my interest as I've always wanted to go to the Baja - looked at a MTB trip there a couple of years ago but went to Peru instead.

for those who don't want to fly - Vichy is about 4/5hr drive from Calais

81 to 100 of 2,400 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.