PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

101 to 120 of 2,400 messages
22/05/2012 at 09:32

Yep, I'm close to Abergavenny, little place called Goytre. 

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2012 at 09:36

know it..you will have to join a few of us swimming in the Taff on the outskirts of cardiff some time

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2012 at 09:36

and I'm in abergavenny on friday as my son is doing teh torch relay there

22/05/2012 at 09:37

DDT - you should hook up with Pingu who's in Abergavenny - she did IM Wales as her 1st last year with a bunch of us.  

I'm from Cwmbran but have lived in Zuzzex for near enough the last 30 years

22/05/2012 at 09:38

seren - is he selling it on e-bay after??  

22/05/2012 at 09:43

Seren, I'm in France that day, otherwise we could have hooked up.  Cos, like, Abergavenny won't be very busy.

Be great to hook up with Pingu and pick her brains re IMW. 

Swim sounds good when I can figure out HOW to swim.  Getting there slowly.  Maybe later this summer?

22/05/2012 at 09:52
Ooooh Vichy...
22/05/2012 at 10:05
fat buddha wrote (see)

I thought you were from Scotland

22/05/2012 at 10:45

I imagine that Outlaw this year will help everybody decide whether to host the Champs in the UK or not next year. On last count weren't there about 100 Pirates out of 1050 entries? Some will drop out, but I wonder whether having 10% of a big event field will add to or diminish the atmosphere? It will be natural in a group that big for some cliques to develop (not a criticism) and the spectators might get a bit bored of shouting "Aaaaargh" every 5 minutes!

Looked on the Vichy website and it appeared to have just 300m of up-flattery on the bike trundle. Which i think is 1.5m upwards every kilometre. Can't imagine enough people wanting to go there for it to be "The Champs", but happy to be part of a merry band that flies the flag there.

22/05/2012 at 10:49
Vichy will probably be non wetsuit swim

*stands back after lighting flare **
Dubai Dave    pirate
22/05/2012 at 10:53

Five weeks four days until I join FB in retirement BUT word on the street around here is a IM Dubai in Jan 2014................. That would get me out of retirement. If I was to do a IM next year my vote would be for IM Wales or Vichy. 

22/05/2012 at 10:53

Armbands?

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
22/05/2012 at 10:55

Five weeks four days until I join FB & DD in retirement, but spectating at Vichy could be fun, think of all the cheap wine ?

Iron Pingu    pirate
22/05/2012 at 11:08
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

You haven't seen me on this thread..............

But my Uncle and Aunt live 10 mins drive from IM Western Australia.............

Dave, I marshalled at Busstleton IM last year, it was bloody awesome

seren nos wrote (see)

and I'm in abergavenny on friday as my son is doing teh torch relay there

Will look out for you Seren

DimTimTris wrote (see)

Seren, I'm in France that day, otherwise we could have hooked up.  Cos, like, Abergavenny won't be very busy.

Be great to hook up with Pingu and pick her brains re IMW. 

Swim sounds good when I can figure out HOW to swim.  Getting there slowly.  Maybe later this summer?

*Waves at Tim*

Actually Seren, I must make an effort and come down next time you're doing one of your river swims, I've still not ventured into the open water this year ....

Hope, I'm with you on the Year off idea, 2 IMs in 10 months is 1 too many!  Although Franfurt IM is on my 30th birthday next year (that'll be 30 with and extra 10 years ...) so I'm actually very tempted by that!!

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
22/05/2012 at 11:12

Well as this year is my enforced year out due to impending surgery, I'm very probably going to do Vichy next year if recovery is complete.

22/05/2012 at 11:19

And as for a non-wetsuit swim - well I've been swimming OW since the first weekend of April and haven't used my neoprene once. Don't need it as a crutch any more.

22/05/2012 at 11:32

3 in a row!

And a good reason to vote for Vichy is they have a Half-IM and a relay as well as the full distance.

seren nos    pirate
22/05/2012 at 11:40
I was almost tempted to look ay the vichy website until rosey mentioned non wetsuit swim.....so saved me the bother
22/05/2012 at 11:48

Just a thought but what about the Relay champs at Nottingham, as a follow up to Lanza, would be like football at school with no one wanting to pick Gladys or Plum.

22/05/2012 at 12:27
hairier half wrote (see)
fat buddha wrote (see)

I thought you were from Scotland

close!

seren nos wrote (see)
I was almost tempted to look ay the vichy website until rosey mentioned non wetsuit swim.....so saved me the bother

methinks Mr Rose is playing devil's advocate - last year the air temp was in the high 30's and the water was very warm as it's quite shallow (rowing lake??) - see what happens this year.  but yes, a non-wetsuit swim is possible

Edited: 22/05/2012 at 12:28
101 to 120 of 2,400 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.