PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

1,241 to 1,260 of 2,400 messages
WhizKid    pirate
15/05/2013 at 19:06

Yeah I'm having a slightly slack week... Saying that done 20 miles of running already, and oh my good god just had a sweet run first 5k was sub 20 felt like I was floating and a sweet ass swim this morning, must say I'm feeling good with this rest week.... I'm really gonna tho for it on Sunday... Even if it is pouring

15/05/2013 at 19:57

Good luck on Sunday ST. Have a blast. 

15/05/2013 at 20:37

Yes, full report on my desk please Scuba. 

Blisters    pirate
16/05/2013 at 20:19

50 mile bike/ 5.5 mile run brick session. The first time I've done one on the back of a serious bike distance. It went ok.
Bike was 17mph, run was 7:45m/m.
Dinner was demolished.

WhizKid    pirate
16/05/2013 at 20:38

Ohhhhhh blisters that's some good mileage and a good speed, I'm going mad doing bugger all as I have a race on the weekend... I'm attempting not too eat the fridge and failing horribly.... But excellent work mate!

Scuba Trooper    pirate
17/05/2013 at 06:49

Thanks all for the support, don't forget Jamie is racing too.

Good luck Jamie!!!!!

Good Luck Rafiki too, hope you first IM goes well.

Nice Brick Blisters.

Managed 4:45-5:00 hours on the bike yesterday and 70-75miles not sure exactly as my Garmin 405 continues to play up GPS wont work and bike sensor give a very low speed/distance measurement.

I'm having issues with my shoulder and physio is booked for next week, might bring it forward if I can. I think it is a classic case of swimmers shoulder, I have a right side weakness which adds to the problem.

Off to the cricket today with a couple of friends and my half Kiwi other half so should be a fun day.

17/05/2013 at 08:18

Yes, good luck to you Jamie too. Try not to brake the sound barrier on the bike leg OK? I have delicate ears.

Oh no Scubes not you too! I went to physio on Wednesday and he had another look at my shoulder. Seems I have biceps tendonitis There's a thickening and tenderness in the tendon and this is causing it to 'catch'/'click' on it's surroundings. I am on a self-imposed swimming ban now until it clears up as it's not getting any better whilst still swimming (despite a large decrease in volume) I am doing shoulder exercises every day to help sort it (concentrating on the external rotaters) Physio did some ultrasound on it to help speed recovery. This is all a bit of a bugger as Swashbuckler is rapidly approaching. I am forced to default back to my old mantra 'if in doubt, wing it'.

On the plus side, it means I can bike the $h1t out of the next couple of weeks!

WhizKid    pirate
18/05/2013 at 10:35

Thanks chaps I'm really looking forward too it! Weirdly I'm looking forward too the run the most 11km though so a bit random, been looking at the awesome Lanza thread and RafI and the other pirates are doing awesome some incredible swim times! 1.17 by Rafi!

badger that's hard luck mate I think rest is the only option mate, don't dwell on it rest up well mate

Edited: 18/05/2013 at 10:36
iron fraggle    pirate
18/05/2013 at 11:12

Rafi's been sandbagging  !  keeps telling me what a crap/slow swimmer he is the fibber

18/05/2013 at 12:17

Indeed fraggle. Good to see them all out of the swim okay at Lanza. Go Pirates!! 

Scuba Trooper    pirate
18/05/2013 at 18:00

Good to see Raf doing so will 7:08hr bike split now .

Jamie - Have great race tomorrow, Don't Be Shit.

Not a great days prep for my sprint tomorrow, hangover and tried after day at the cricket yesterday. On the way out of the house for a short brick I knock the back wheel and a spoke breaks. I took it to LBS and bloke had broken his fingers so didn't want to fiddle round with spokes so let me use a spare wheel he had around (better than mine) and will get spokes fixed by his assistant on Monday. As I'm riding, I slipped as I clipped in and smashed the pedal into my shin, cue blood and massive bruise. My mate from the club who was going to race as well has also dropped out. So I'm not really looking forward to a cold river swim and then getting on to the bike in wet stuff in the morning. God all I seem to have done this week is moan .

Hope everyone else is having a better time of it.

iron fraggle    pirate
18/05/2013 at 18:36

Oh dear Scubes    hope all turns out ok tomorrow - where are you racing?

Scuba Trooper    pirate
18/05/2013 at 18:49

Faggle - I'm doing Nice Tri sprint in St Neots (Cambridgeshire), I'll let you know.

Having issues working out what to wear under wetsuit and what stuff to put in transition bag, I don't want to be cold but I also can see that getting layers on when wet is going to work well. Arm warmers and a buff might have to do, and maybe not wear my tri top under suit so I can put that on dry in transition. This may be the longest sprint tri transition ever.

WhizKid    pirate
18/05/2013 at 19:49

Scuba - can i make excuses now? Erm my dog ate my bike etc, on a serious note apart from munching a load of food round my old folks place im feeling confident... Havent packed the bike yet but im going with the theory i wont forget anything as ive done it all before .... Tri suit wetsuit thats about it ... 

currently stuck in a garage in a mway services waiting for the mrs too pick me up... Long story i dont even know how im in this situation!

18/05/2013 at 21:13

Poms poms out for subes ad jamie. 

I wouldn't want an ow swim tomorrow - brrrrrrrr. But its only 2 weeks to enduroman half for me so I'd better man up and get in that lake soon. 

Go Raf!! 

18/05/2013 at 21:22

Raf's finished. Yeh!!!!! IronRaf. 

Scuba Trooper    pirate
18/05/2013 at 21:22

Raf - has finished, what an amazing time. So pleased for him.

WhizKid    pirate
18/05/2013 at 21:38

Yaaaaaaaaaay well done too Rafi well done! Ironraf!

iron fraggle    pirate
18/05/2013 at 21:47

Orsum time sandbagger Raf 

WhizKid    pirate
18/05/2013 at 22:01

Sandbagger indeed dodgy little git he is need to stop trolling forums up at 3:30

1,241 to 1,260 of 2,400 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.