PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

1,281 to 1,300 of 2,394 messages
Rafiki    pirate
21/05/2013 at 21:04

What is the weather forecast for the weekend? want to get a swim and a ride in - so may be out on the bike course on Sat if you want to meet up

21/05/2013 at 22:38

Biking and swimming Raf - are you not resting?

Rafiki    pirate
22/05/2013 at 08:42

I've got an Olly in 3 weeks - got get some training in! 

22/05/2013 at 19:56

Nutter.

Feeling a bit rough/down atm. Got a sore throat which is normally a pre-cursor for illness. Had a 75min run/walk today but felt crap pretty much all the way round. Foot pain still hasn't gone away and I can't swim because of my shoulder. And I've got a HIM next weekend, of which only the bike, am I remotely confident! Apart from that, everything's dandy.  Early bed and maybe even a couple of days off as I want to be fresh for a solid b/h weekend of training. 

I hope everyone else is doing better than GrumpyBadger here! 

WhizKid    pirate
22/05/2013 at 19:56

Raf it's gonna be nice on sat, we should meet up on sat if you wanna... Il be there from 9 onwards... Let me know you can have my number if ya want and just chuck us a text well go for a coffee after or something...

decent ride today, 45 miles so quite happy, had a massive headache so couldn't do the run ... However on the plus side I have bought myself a van... Mainly for work but really as a mobile bike workshop

oh and Rafi I'm swimming on Sunday at the lake... And Windsor will be fun! Hopefully in the same wave .. So I can slack and draft off you!

Edited: 22/05/2013 at 19:59
Rafiki    pirate
22/05/2013 at 20:09

jamie - get back from Lanza tomorrow, so once get myself sorted l wiLl drop you a note and we can meet up at the weekend.

And the chances of us being in the same wave at Windsor are slim as  i'm almost twice your bloody age 

WhizKid    pirate
22/05/2013 at 21:26

Bugger I thought Windsor might be on a mass start thing but oh well yea do mate be good to catch up

Scuba Trooper    pirate
23/05/2013 at 18:13

GrumpyBagder - Couple of days off might be a good idea and then have a good weekend. Hope everything improves soon.

Raf - Listen to your body and don't do too much, whatever training you manage in the next 3 weeks is more likely to harm your result in the Oly than improve it. Short low heart rate sessions only is the standard advice for the first few weeks after a IM. Looking forward to catching up soon and hearing about the whole Lanza experience. You did amazingly well and I'm sure you will be much quicker at Henley with less hills and wind!

Jamie - planning some big mileage again, hope everything is going well.

I'm not swimming at the moment, my shoulder got worse after a stupid session at the gym but has improved since seeing the Physio yesterday. Maybe try a little swimming on Sunday or Monday, but until then adding to both run and bike sessions, so will be a good week for both of them.

23/05/2013 at 20:03

Cheers Scuba - you take care of that shoulder too mate. It's been about a week and a half since I last swam now but I do feel it's getting better. No swimming for me until Swashbuckler now - and then pray it holds up for the race.  

Rafiki    pirate
24/05/2013 at 12:51

Badger - my body's telling me to stop all this after race paertying and get back to training!! How many weeks till Henley??

But I am taking it easy - honest!

Jamie - I've got to work tomorrow, so will give bike ride a miss. Plus there's a race at the lake on Sunday - which I've been conned into marshalling, so don't think there's any normal swimming.

WhizKid    pirate
24/05/2013 at 12:56

Thats a shame raf erm there is still normal swimming on sunday as well according too the email i got yesterday

Rafiki    pirate
24/05/2013 at 13:04

I never read their emails!! Well I'll be there - probably in a kayak so no trying to tip me over!!

iron fraggle    pirate
24/05/2013 at 13:48

^^^ sounds tempting

I'm going to the lake tomorrow - hope it's warmed up a bit by then

24/05/2013 at 14:01
Rafiki wrote (see)

. Plus there's a race at the lake on Sunday - which I've been conned into marshalling, so don't think there's any normal swimming.

is that the tri20 lake at Reading your marshalling on Sunday Raf? I'm doing the 3.8k, if its anything like the only swim event I entered last year I will be the one that needs pointing in the right direction several times from the canoeists.

Rafiki    pirate
24/05/2013 at 14:05

Yep, that's the one. I'll be the guy with the spanking new Ironman Lanzarote baseball cap and the big smile  (although the latter may depend on the amount of red wine consumed on Saturday night, which may also dictate whether they let me near a kayak - I may be banished to car park duties if my hangover is toooo bad!)

24/05/2013 at 14:34

I will look out for you and will stick on my Pirate hat before the event.

My Plan is to get a bit of experience in a mass start but not sure it's that big an event. should be good though.

WhizKid    pirate
24/05/2013 at 14:56

I was considering doing the 3.8 k as im gonna be swimming it anyway.... Well ill see... And il try not too tip you over... But i cant guarentee anything

Blisters    pirate
24/05/2013 at 15:28

With this wind, I reckon that the swimmers will be rescuing the capsized canoeists!

23 miles run for me. It felt good to get a decent run completed, after what seems like ages. Average 8:24m/m with the HR on basic tickover.

Biking is going to be a barrel of laughs tomorrow, especially when the legs quit working.

WhizKid    pirate
24/05/2013 at 21:09

Nice blisters, that's a monster run mate, I don't even run that far in Peak

iron fraggle    pirate
25/05/2013 at 10:49

been to Tri20 this morning and it's flippin' freezing - 13C today. managed 2 x 750 loops before I had to get out. I've been out for an hour and am just getting the feeling back in my feet

9note to self - next time *remember* to take wetsuit booties with you)

1,281 to 1,300 of 2,394 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.