PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

1,581 to 1,600 of 2,400 messages
iron fraggle    pirate
26/06/2013 at 20:14

Scuba - I reckon it's just the result of a stressful weekend. Just forced myself out for a run which I really didn't want to do, but feel much better for it now 

26/06/2013 at 20:28

Hi there...have you ever seen this...

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/21/refusing-to-quit-the-tour-de-france/?_r=0

Clearly the guy is nuts, but also an inspiration !

In circa 10 weeks we'll be having a beer relaxing and all our pains, problems will seem like distant memories.

Keep up the good work fellas !

PS maybe the painkillers have made me delusional !

iron fraggle    pirate
26/06/2013 at 21:28

^^^  The Jensie my hero  

27/06/2013 at 13:44

Since a few posts earlier we were doing happy news, it's lunchtime now and I've swam 100 lengths and cycled 60 and a bit miles and genuinely feel I could go and do it all again - but I haven't really got the time to do so today.

27/06/2013 at 14:38

Well done Cheggars, great news.  I'm feeling a lot better today...have been putting my spare time to good use and been considering new bike / bike bling.

WhizKid    pirate
27/06/2013 at 17:16

Do it brooko...you know you want it.. DO IT NOW!!?!?!

cheggers brilliant mate well done I've done another 35 miles off swimming shortly =]

Rafiki    pirate
27/06/2013 at 17:37

well  i've cycled up 2 of the toughest climbs on the TdF - both 20km of 10% climb - Howe Hill will be a breeze now!! 

WhizKid    pirate
27/06/2013 at 17:43

Nice not at all jealous ... Sarcasm off now

27/06/2013 at 19:34

Raf - what a great way to spend the day...well done. (this is supposed to be green envy !!)

Whizz - am considering a cervelo s5...last year frame so have been offered a big price reduction.  My thoughts are; its all your fault with talk of bling a new bikes should be easier than a full on TT bike to get used to, I can add clip on bars for Tri's and then take them off if I want to ride normally.  The spec is Ultegra with FSA chainset, 3T Arx Pro Stem, Team Pro Carbon bars, Fulcrum racing T wheels (googled these and they don't look great so may ask for money off and upgrade them)

To be honest I don't know too much about bikes, but reviews seem to think it is speedy...would welcome any expertise / advice.

WhizKid    pirate
27/06/2013 at 19:42

I was very very close too buying a s5 it's a beautiful bike and a fantastic frame, in all seriousness if you have the cash do it, I'm on this planet for a good time not a long time... So live a little and get what you want, if your gonna ride it, it's worth the money, if it makes you happy and makes you want too ride more, do it!

27/06/2013 at 20:02

Whizz - you are a bad (good) influence...to be honest I'm not sure I can afford it (expensive wife, 2 x kids, dog, cat, mortgage etc)...BUT...as you say we're not here for long...I think I will ride it loads...I also think it will give me a good push for the last few weeks training and having lost a week (with a wdesk holiday coming) I need all I can get.  It also seems a very good price.

Thanks for all the encouragement !!

IronCat5    pirate
27/06/2013 at 21:31

Nice bike Brooko; do it*

Nothing today. Worked all day in Wales, then drove home. I won't TT in the rain, and then had 1.5hrs of concalls. Did ride to Chepstow and back yesterday from my hotel. Some nice lumps!

*I don't get in to trouble for other people spending their money. New house forces Cat5's dullness.

Blisters    pirate
27/06/2013 at 21:46

Brooko. You have to realise that buying such a bike means you are a target. You either have the raw talent and speed (like Whiz Kid) or balls the size of planets and an ego to match. Now I don't care which category you're in, but an average bike and a big engine have got to be better than a great bike parked in the hall. Conversely, a great bike and a big engine...now there's a thought to behold. Get the bike. But do me a favour, and do it justice.
Challenge on.

Now then, who wants to build a big engine?

(Oh yeah, buy the wife some diamonds too. It'll help)

Blisters    pirate
28/06/2013 at 21:53
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/images/post-top-left.png

There was a promise of a full afternoon of exercise, but it got eaten away, bit by bit.

Driving home, and I was tiring at the wheel, so stopped for a break. Got home and had a few things to do, but was moving slowly. The idea of 50 miles bike shrank to 30, and when I finally got on the machine it broke.  B'gah. More pratting around and a haul of the machine off to the bike shop through crawling traffic. It needed a good service, and Boss Man attended to me.

Plan B. Open air swimming at lido, and did 45 minutes, so that will have been a mile and a little bit. So that's something useful done.

WhizKid    pirate
29/06/2013 at 07:40

Well I did nothing yesterday after a long week at work I just needed a rest, there is also another reason for my rest yesterday as I have a monster bike weekend planned, off too ride the entire course for the wiggle Magnificat, then tommoro have a century sportive near pangbourne.... Will post ride data later for thos that might have any interest

29/06/2013 at 13:58

Whizz, many more centuries and you'll be called up to the England cricket team !

WhizKid    pirate
29/06/2013 at 16:50

Wiggle magnificat epic course complete, first off im gonna say, holy christ that was a loooooooooooooooooonnnng way, the climbing really wasent too bad, quite a few long slow climbs, which i really dont like... there was one at 112 miles, which i rember as its obviously the end of iron distance, and it went on for like 5 bloody miles, enough to just about warrent using the little ring .... a couple of nasty short sharp climbs, one at the start near me called coombe, its a pig, it hurts, view is fantastic! here is a run down of the course, was completed on my road bike, not the TT  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/334825803

Rafiki    pirate
29/06/2013 at 17:32

another 2 Tour de France climbs done 

29/06/2013 at 21:02

Good cycling all round then! 

I did an 80 mile sportive today and averaged 17.8mph (6000ft climbing) and got the 3rd fastest time of the day! I'm dead chuffed with that. What's even better is that I didn't draft for the whole way round (bar a few unavoidable minutes) Had plenty of people on my tail though! 

WhizKid    pirate
29/06/2013 at 21:37

Nice badger, that brilliant! That's a good speed for a sportive, no drafting is great, obviously I had no one too draft as I was solo... My question too you is, did you cheat and use the bar?

1,581 to 1,600 of 2,400 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.