PSOF Injury Log

List your injuries/ailments here...

1 to 20 of 78 messages
Suffolk Punch    pirate
03/02/2005 at 09:13
It seems, my fellow pirates, that there are a few of us with more than just a couple of niggles. I have a a reoccurring calf injury that probably goes back to an injury I hd 10 years ago and now that I've upped my training, it's coming out to haunt me. So I thought I'd start the ball rolling....

List your injuries and actions taken here!

Suffolk Punch - Calf and stinking cold.
Action - phoned Physio, awaiting reply and drinking lots of hot toddies.
Garr    pirate
03/02/2005 at 09:16
Good idea SP! Too many pirates not taking injuries seriously enough.
03/02/2005 at 09:17
Sprained ankle
Something wrong with shoulder too.

Third visit to physio tomorrow and ooh, the possability of a cortizone injection to my shoulder soon.
Garr    pirate
03/02/2005 at 09:25
Ailment: Lethargy
Action taken: None
03/02/2005 at 09:41
Well finger crossed my little ankle niggle has gone away - treatment 3 weeks off running and then easing back into the running, starting with only a mile and adding one mile to each run. I'm back to 30 miles a week now. So the moral is rest it properly then don't go mad with the mileage when you start training again.
03/02/2005 at 09:44
Not a pirate, but any chance to have a moan or join a list!

Ailments
Left knee - ITBS
Right knee - (suspect) platella tendonitis
Both calves - torn
Lungs - remnants of icky infection
Skin - being dissolved by pool

Action - change in foot position on bike for ITBS, seems to have worked, PT will have to wait for deep tissue massage when my calves are less painful, infection is slowly departing, and plenty of moisturiser for the skin!
03/02/2005 at 09:50
Ailments
Left knee: cartilege abrasion, lateral compartment syndrome, tendonitis

Back: spondilolisthesis (broken vertebra) at L5/S1; unidentified problem in mid-thorax

The spondilolisthesis results in weakness and (comparitive) underdevelopment of my left buttock and leg.

All that said, I still manage to keep going and am fitter than a lot of injury-free people half my age!

So there ;-)

03/02/2005 at 09:56
Had the stinking cold/cough last week but now past that after Toughguy.......

...only to pick up a stomach bug which has knocked me out since Monday........

......but back into the swing of things today with a run.........

...otherwise mechanically sound
03/02/2005 at 10:01
sometimes my foot aches a bit
Garr    pirate
03/02/2005 at 10:15
Oh Candy that sounds bad! I hear that can be early signs of chiropodinecroscopy. Better get it checked or your arm might drop off.
03/02/2005 at 10:21
Problem - Not enough hours in the day to train
Action - Buying second hand police box (suprisingly spacious interior)
03/02/2005 at 10:25
Problem - going boarding on Sunday for a week
Ailment - TBA!!
oxymoron    pirate
03/02/2005 at 10:34
2T- You mentioned ITB from cycling and foot position. Can you tell me more? I tend to point my toes down (probably bad though ive no idea) and have been developing a rather painful thigh at the side of my leg about 12 inches above the knee. Obviously this is not where people get ITB friction problems but it feels like it is the same muscle just further up.
Ratbag    pirate
03/02/2005 at 10:36
Problem:-
Pain in calf (sometimes both but mostly the left)
Action: Booking physio for next week and not running for at least a week..
Ratbag    pirate
03/02/2005 at 10:37
Oxy,

I think you're right, it is the same muscle and could be something to do with your riding action...
oxymoron    pirate
03/02/2005 at 10:42
Ive booked the physio anyway (I'm just hoping she has forgoten me as I accidently flashed her the last time I went) In fact I seem to be turning int a flasher, I managed to drop my towell a the pool this morning whilst fumbling with my locker key, thereby revealing myself to the entire swimming pool and a rather attractive lifegaurd.
Garr    pirate
03/02/2005 at 10:54
Hooray for RB!
03/02/2005 at 11:38
Not a pirate but injured anyway, won't say wot it is as you lot will take the pee....

just wanted you to know ;-) but am seeing someone tonight about it so ner.....
WildWill    pirate
03/02/2005 at 12:21
Always seem to catch flu as things seem to be going well (got it again now)

Disc off in my neck
03/02/2005 at 12:46
TL has thrush again!
1 to 20 of 78 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.