Registering for Norseman

21 to 23 of 23 messages
07/02/2010 at 20:54
Did anyone apply for this? I regret not applying for 2010 now so will definitely go for it in 2011.
Looking at the website, 650 apps for 250 places - looks like a 40%ish strike rate. All women applicants were accepted. Do you think they'd turn you away on raceday if your gender had changed since application?
14/09/2010 at 10:24

Hmm. What to do, I've wanted to do this race for years, finally got to a point that I'm thinking about it seriously but now they've changed the rules and it doesn't look good if you're a non-elite woman. Only 13 women made the first 163 who were allowed to go to the top of of the mountain. Of the 46 who were diverted to the white t-shirt finish 16 were women.

Them's not good odds, I can race to clock cut-offs but I can't pace myself to elite mens times.

It's a lot of money (costing in the car, support etc) and I have no chance of a shot at the top under these rules.  Oh well, maybe someone in the UK will come up with a similar style event.

14/09/2010 at 10:43
try Embrunman instead - it's probably as tough (certainly a tougher bike) if not harder as it's mid-summer in the Alps so the weather could vary from full on 30+C heat to snow at the top of the bike course.

there are a few off the forum heading there in 2011 - it's also easier to get to than N'man

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.