Reported the French think something funny going on with our Oly cyclists

Questioning their "Magic wheels". They are Mavics, which are French.

10 messages
Dustboy    pirate
06/08/2012 at 17:03

Delicious!

06/08/2012 at 17:31

Is it that they're going around faster than theirs?

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
07/08/2012 at 07:36

Super response from Chris Boardman last night - they are the same wheels we used in Beijing, they have been stored in plastic bags since then. They are round!

07/08/2012 at 11:46

This always happend when someone (or in this case a country) dominate a sport...look at the crap that young Chinese swimmer suffered at the hands of the yank press when she stormed the race last week.....they can't accept that they peeked at the right time.

07/08/2012 at 15:07

I hear that the French eat croissants for breakfast.

Dustboy    pirate
07/08/2012 at 16:31

I'd guess they have stuck ceramic bearings in though if not in before.

Iron Muffin    pirate
08/08/2012 at 09:10
slowerthanilook wrote (see)

I hear that the French eat croissants for breakfast.

Perhaps they should embrace Bran Flakes like Sir Chris

cougie    pirate
08/08/2012 at 13:35

Theres an excellent article on the Inner Ring blog about this.

We now have three heated indoor velodromes for our National Teams to train on in all weathers.  The French have none.

So its pretty obvious why we are whooping their arses isnt it ? 

08/08/2012 at 15:47

I was reduced to tears when the French Performance Director hinted that Team GB had "Magic" wheels and helmets hidden in secret bags in Chris Boardman's shed. You really can't make that sort of stuff up!

Dustboy    pirate
08/08/2012 at 16:36

NoNoNo. MAVIC! LOL.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.