Ridiculously stupid question

21 to 40 of 58 messages
seren nos yn canu    pirate
15/07/2012 at 19:19
It's not so simple in Welsh
Iron Muffin    pirate
15/07/2012 at 21:22

Speaking of Welsh, , is a microwave really a 'popty ping' ? This is either genius or me being gullible.. Please help.

M...eldy    pirate
15/07/2012 at 21:24

I think you are beyond help Muffin 

Iron Muffin    pirate
15/07/2012 at 21:34

Seren, please rescue me and prove I am not yet beyond help,

Isn't this normal behaviour for post IM cherry popping?

M...eldy    pirate
15/07/2012 at 21:35

Nope  ........

15/07/2012 at 21:59
But Seren, you were born in Scotland, what's with all this Welsh stuff???
15/07/2012 at 22:11
Muffin - I have heard something similar about the Welsh and microwaves
Doner Kebab    pirate
16/07/2012 at 00:19
Goblin Princess wrote (see)
DK, inspired! How long are you going to keep it that way?

until i do the ultra 100

if i changed it now my post wouldnt make sense - but then again have i ever ?

seren nos yn canu    pirate
16/07/2012 at 08:06

sorry muffin..I had gone to bed.............yes microwave  is either popty ping or microdon

Iron Muffin    pirate
16/07/2012 at 12:49

Seren,, thank you for the confirmation  That is a brilliant translation.

Can anyone think of a better example of 'foreign' language?

16/07/2012 at 23:28
DK, inspired! How long are you going to keep it that way?

I like the principle though. I can't wait to see management's faces when I start signing off client emails as Em.ily!

I still feel like I haven't completed this triathlon and I'm jut a bit of a fraud, maybe adding excess punctuation would help it sink in... (I do like a 'dot dot dot'!)

Goblin Princess,   I was trading places on the Southern loop of the bike at Outlaw with an Emily,  until she gave up being sympathetic on the 2nd loop and decided to leave me for dust..........don't tell me that's yet another female pirate that I was chicked by?

19/07/2012 at 23:26
Jaffa...are you Ewart (sp?)

Our cat and mouse game kept me sane on the bloody bike!

Chasing boys is far more fun when you're not 1/2 way through an IM...

How did you get on? I did look for you initially on the run but then lost all brain function after about 15m (yes minutes not miles!)
20/07/2012 at 06:32

Oh, he minced his way round eventually!

Without embarrasing the poor guy, lets just say you had finished, had a massage, eaten, gone back to your hotel, got a decent kip etc before he finished! 

20/07/2012 at 10:17

Gladys given what you have told me about "gallantly hopping off the bike"...are you in any position to comment?!

*runs away and hides*

Golden Boots    pirate
20/07/2012 at 13:19

Gladys really cannot comment... he is the only person who manages to make swimming in a wetsuit look camp!

20/07/2012 at 13:24
Iron Muffin wrote (see)

Speaking of Welsh, , is a microwave really a 'popty ping' ? This is either genius or me being gullible.. Please help.

The phrase I used to hear from my flatmate in Cardiff (who was from Ceredigion & first language was Welsh) was "pingty pong"!

20/07/2012 at 15:16
Gladys M. wrote (see)

Oh, he minced his way round eventually!

Without embarrasing the poor guy, lets just say you had finished, had a massage, eaten, gone back to your hotel, got a decent kip etc before he finished! 

Gladys is in a perpetual state of denial,  however the 2nd para of his above he's probably spot on though,  let's just say it was a tough day at the office!

20/07/2012 at 15:30

Oi GP, I was in a relay team! I HAD to pass the baton on! And I DID do it gallantly!

And I did feel guilty. For about 15 seconds until I realised otherwise I might have to do the damned run!

As for GB, another sore loser!  Besides, not sure I can take seriously any attempts at abuse from a man who is unable to remember that constant peeing is by and large meant to stop once you get out of the wetsuit...

20/07/2012 at 18:37
I did see GB lap me on the bike and despite my vow to keep pedalling I 'may' have slowed down a little as he passed...just in case!

Gladys this wetsuit mincing intrigues me, almost enough to do some OW just to appreciate it with my own eyes...almost
20/07/2012 at 20:07
I did see GB lap me on the bike and despite my vow to keep pedalling I 'may' have slowed down a little as he pissed...just in case!

Just a little typo corrected! 

And dont believe everything you read in the forum GP, they lie, the lot of 'em. Mainly about me, come to think of it!  

21 to 40 of 58 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.